Nike Performance Running Master Thread

How'd you guys go about sizing with the Elite 9s? I'm not sure if I should go TTS or +1/2...

I went TTS with the Elite 8s and +1/2 in the Zoom Fly.

How'd you guys go about sizing with the Elite 9s? I'm not sure if I should go TTS or +1/2...

I went TTS with the Elite 8s and +1/2 in the Zoom Fly.

I did true to size. They're essentially a training shoe last, with performance design

What is wveryone’s Pre run routine? Do you stretch before and after? If so, what do you do?

It depends on how hard I'm running. If I'm doing an easy or recovery run, I really don't do much at all. I just start and finish with a real easy jog. If I'm gonna be running hard, then I do about 6-8 minutes of really easy jogging combined with some light skipping / upper body loosening weird looking exercises (watch kenyans & ethiopians warmup). Like skipping lightly while doing front crawl swimming motions with your arms or breast stroke motions or back stroke motions, etc. It probably looks stupid to anyone else watching. Then I do at least 5 minutes of easy running to start my run, i.e. run an easy first mile. I repeat that set of jogging / skipping stuff afterwards and if my quads or legs are tight, I do static stretching.

What is wveryone’s Pre run routine? Do you stretch before and after? If so, what do you do?

Only after. Static stretching before statistically increases risk of injury (and I've had it before). I'm a sprinter/jumper, so a lot of drills and dynamic warm-ups. I even worked in some speed bands that I use to activate hamstrings and glutes. Then I'll do short sprints (10-30m) before the workout.

When I did longer distance, I would just eat a piece of fruit about 20min beforehand and go for it.

For track work:

I’ll jog/tempo a half of mile and do static stretching only which will last 20-25 minutes. Nothing crazy then begin the workout

Cool down will just be some ab work 9/10 and shaking the legs out. Or dead on the grass/turf laying
Will stretch the hams out but not a ton

For long runs:

I’ll do a little stretching prob 5 mins or so for my hanky’s and knees but typically I will just use that first mile to get my legs warmed up

Usually no stretching after
Just sit down/lay before a shower

Thanks from r the responses everyone. Been doing static stretching with bands and rolling before and after the workouts. Trying to get over an injury as well as beginning to strengthen my arch due to flat feet.

Calf pull. My flat feet has caught up to me. Need to get my body realigned and do a lot of strengthening of my arches and supporting muscles.

You're right :/

The Tenacity 88s have "Zoom" in their name, the Racers don't :frown:

Last edited:
Calf pull. My flat feet has caught up to me. Need to get my body realigned and do a lot of strengthening of my arches and supporting muscles.

I don't know if I'd necessarily chalk that up to flat feet (although that could be the real diagnosis), but I have them, too. One thing I like doing is single-leg side hops. I go on one leg, hop laterally, then hop medially, then do the other leg. Helps my knees, too. I got the move from Ashton Eaton.

Do you lift? Heavier single-leg stuff like split squats, I really feel my arches working to stabilize me.

Where are you getting that? It says air runs the length of the shoe.

It just says air cushioning (aka foam or an air bubble). If there were a zoom unit in there, it would say it in the description like “forefoot zoom unit”

Last edited:
I’m a late entry on this but wanted to recommend a video...

Earlier this year I set out to break 20 minutes in the 5K and incorporated these Kenyan form drills into an extended warm-up. It was awkward at first, and I probably looked it too. But within a couple weeks the motions became more fluid, I had more muscle activation and flexibility, and my running form and performance improved.

Last edited:
I’m a late entry on this but wanted to recommend a video...

Earlier this year I set out to break 20 minutes in the 5K and incorporated these Kenyan form drills into an extended warm-up. It was awkward at first, and I probably looked it too. But within a couple weeks the motions became more fluid, I had more muscle activation and flexibility, and my running form and performance improved.

Also incorporated A-Skip and B-Skip (similar to some of the Kenyan form drills) immediately followed by strides, as shown in the video.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom