Nike Performance Running Master Thread

Seems like they are arriving at outlets now. I’ve been seeing the black, red and dark blue colourways at outlets.
i know the hyper royals and crimsons have been there for a little while now. i stopped into my local outlet yesterday and grabbed the last pair of hyper royals, which happened to be my size.

i'll keep an eye out for other colors because i want to stock up on them.

I’m planning to put in some big miles preparing for the Chicago Marathon over the Summer. Looking for a recommendation for an easy mileage Nike shoe to rotate with the Pegasus and Vaporfly. I’m leaning toward the Vomero 13 but also considering the Epic React.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I’m planning to put in some big miles preparing for the Chicago Marathon over the Summer. Looking for a recommendation for an easy mileage Nike shoe to rotate with the Pegasus and Vaporfly. I’m leaning toward the Vomero 13 but also considering the Epic React.

You can't go wrong with the Vomero or Epic React. Just a matter of which you feel more comfortable in for long distance. The more structured upper of Vomero might be better if you feel the Epic Reacts are too snug.

If I'm on the trail, I use either the Pegasus if I'm going easy, or Zoom Fly if I'm going moderate. I've been doing all of my easy stuff on the road in Epic React lately. As mentioned, the upper on the Epic React is a bit snug and a bit sloppy, but I've gotten used to it, plus I'm going easy in them so it's not a big deal, the cushioning is too good and outweighs the bad upper. Been doing 60 minute MP tempo runs twice a week and 2.5 hour long runs in Vaporfly - that's made a big difference for me!!

Edit: By "trail", I'm talking like rail-trail type surface, nothing technical. Crushed limestone basically.

If I'm on the trail, I use either the Pegasus if I'm going easy, or Zoom Fly if I'm going moderate. I've been doing all of my easy stuff on the road in Epic React lately. As mentioned, the upper on the Epic React is a bit snug and a bit sloppy, but I've gotten used to it, plus I'm going easy in them so it's not a big deal, the cushioning is too good and outweighs the bad upper. Been doing 60 minute MP tempo runs twice a week and 2.5 hour long runs in Vaporfly - that's made a big difference for me!!

Edit: By "trail", I'm talking like rail-trail type surface, nothing technical. Crushed limestone basically.

Thanks for the response. I’m leaning toward the Vomero due to the upper on the Epics.

Have you had any planter issues from the Vaporfly? I recently was away for work and mistakenly only packed my Vaporfly. After running in them three straight days my planter is acting up. Prior to this I would run in them sporatically to extend their life so maybe its just an adjustment.

Thanks for the response. I’m leaning toward the Vomero due to the upper on the Epics.

Have you had any planter issues from the Vaporfly? I recently was away for work and mistakenly only packed my Vaporfly. After running in them three straight days my planter is acting up. Prior to this I would run in them sporatically to extend their life so maybe its just an adjustment.

No plantar issues for me. That's something I've never had problems with, so maybe that's why? I've been running in them 3 times a week since January, probably 45'ish miles each week - no issues. Building up for Grandma's in 3 weeks. Maybe it depends on what you're doing in them? I've been running MP tempos, so fairly quick stuff, plus long runs at 60-90 seconds per mile faster than easy pace. Maybe if I went for an easy recovery jog in them they might bother me.

I previously have had issues with metatarsal stress fractures though, multiple times. Since I switched to Zoom Fly last year (june/july? whenever they came out) for faster stuff, and now Vaporfly since last November, my feet have felt really good. I think the plate in the ZF and VF is really helping out in that area. Plus wearing VF for workouts and long runs seems to beat you up less.

I like the Vomero 13's A LOT. They have quickly become my go to shoe (over peg 33s), and will be stockpiling them once they hit deep disco. I am just a casual runner though (15-20 mi/wk), so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Interesting developments in the Jordan Running dept... via IG

E20AAA3D-FF47-47A8-B051-3624EA21A63B.jpeg

So question for some trail runners, maybe: I'm planning on going to Europe next summer and I'm trying to find a shoe that would be decently-cushioned, with road, light trail, and some gym capabilities. I was leaning towards the Pegasus, but I'm not sure about the grip or Zoom resiliency (it'd be the only shoe I wear for like, a month).

So question for some trail runners, maybe: I'm planning on going to Europe next summer and I'm trying to find a shoe that would be decently-cushioned, with road, light trail, and some gym capabilities. I was leaning towards the Pegasus, but I'm not sure about the grip or Zoom resiliency (it'd be the only shoe I wear for like, a month).

You can't go wrong with the Pegasus. I did what you are planning in a pair of triple black 32's. Over 20K steps a day for a month in Europe. Held up fine. The grip was good enough and the zoom never lost its cush. If you are going someplace rainy or slushy, the shield would work great. My wife wore the Shield Peg 34 on a hiking trip to Iceland and they did OK in the slush. The only time the Peg let me down was in rocky mountain climbing, as the lack of ankle support made my ankles hurt after just one day, but this was very sharp, pointy, loose rock up very steep climbs of several thousand feet.

Today, I would be tempted to try the Epic REACT, though it is not the best fit for gym work.

Last edited:
I strictly trail run and I rotate through pairs of Terra Kiger 3’s and 4’s. Cushion setup is responsive with the Zoom Air and what really sold me is the sticky rubber outsole and the tread pattern on the bottom. Even in soggy conditions that Oregon has year round, its held up to the task. I wore them around on campus as well and it didn’t seem to wear down the tread or sticky rubber at all.

Best thing is that you can probably find them on the hash wall at your nike outlet now or super cheap online. Not a bad looking shoe either.

You can't go wrong with the Pegasus. I did what you are planning in a pair of triple black 32's. Over 20K steps a day for a month in Europe. Held up fine. The grip was good enough and the zoom never lost its cush. If you are going someplace rainy or slushy, the shield would work great. My wife wore the Shield Peg 34 on a hiking trip to Iceland and they did OK in the slush. The only time the Peg let me down was in rocky mountain climbing, as the lack of ankle support made my ankles hurt after just one day, but this was very sharp, pointy, loose rock up very steep climbs of several thousand feet.

Today, I would be tempted to try the Epic REACT, though it is not the best fit for gym work.

I agree with the Pegasus. I've been running/walking in my Peg 35s and think they'd make a great all-around shoe for what you're looking for if you want to travel lightly.

And of course you can find cheap Peg 33s and 34s at the outlets if you want to save some money.

I've been using the Pegasus 35 and Epic React recently as running shoes. Before that, I was using stability shoes, Brooks Beast 16.

I love the Pegasus. Light. And unlike the Epic React, I feel like I get a decent energy return when my foot strikes.

I have noticed some fraying but I can't wait for the Turbo and new Vomero. I like the Epic Reacts but just no bounce. But they do feel great for long runs.

I got the Pegasus 35 over the weekend. They seem pretty good in the gym and on the road, I'm going to try them on trails, soon.

I got the Pegasus 35 over the weekend. They seem pretty good in the gym and on the road, I'm going to try them on trails, soon.
Good luck! Let me know how they do on the trails.

I'd love to try that, but I only have roads near me. :frown:

For all the Android users... ****ing finally. The beta sign-ups have been opening and closing, so keep an eye out if you don't see it available!

For those who don't know, the Nike Run Club app (formerly the "Nike+ Running" app) was once available for Android Wear until it revamped to the now-NRC app, and was never available for Android Wear for quite some time. I'm sure they've gotten enough feedback to bring this back and work with Android Wear (now known as Wear OS). I signed up this morning, and I'm gonna browse like crazy on Amazon to get an Android watch!

41599324800_4de74811f7_b.jpg

With all of the Peg Turbo hype, anybody on here ever tried Reebok's Floatride model? It's made with the same foam (Pebax) as ZoomX. Details here:

https://www.mensjournal.com/gear/this-lightweight-foam-is-revolutionizing-running-shoes-w502818/

I just saw an instagram post about the floatride racer and this article talks about it as well. The racer isn't available yet, but they do already have a trainer model which uses the floatride foam (i.e. zoomx). Curious if anyone has tried that model.

With all of the Peg Turbo hype, anybody on here ever tried Reebok's Floatride model? It's made with the same foam (Pebax) as ZoomX. Details here:

https://www.mensjournal.com/gear/this-lightweight-foam-is-revolutionizing-running-shoes-w502818/

I just saw an instagram post about the floatride racer and this article talks about it as well. The racer isn't available yet, but they do already have a trainer model which uses the floatride foam (i.e. zoomx). Curious if anyone has tried that model.

Interested in the model, haven't tried them yet. I do think the Run Fast Pro model is available on Running Warehouse.

Interested in the model, haven't tried them yet. I do think the Run Fast Pro model is available on Running Warehouse.

Ah, you're right. I see the Run Fast Pro model up there. I will not be trying it for $250!!!! I'll save that money for the VF2. But the floatride Run Fast model is $139. That might be doable.

Edit: Maybe I'll snag that too when I grab the Peg Turbo on Aug 2nd and see what's up.

Back
Top Bottom