Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

55s definitely look like a takedown 87 but that's not necessarily a bad thing. None of these upcoming cws do much for me but it's a promising silo.

Still plan on picking up a pair of Sails one day but have to restrain myself for the time being.

Last edited:
I stuck out on all the 87s. For me personally, the bets Colorway are the Dark Grey/Photo Blues/Red

Those 55s look like a Poor Man's 87, just a consolation prize. :rolleyes :ohwell: >D

Screw that, I'm not falling for that crap. Those look like they're gonna be GR. Don't look special at all.
They're both terribly ugly, so there's that. But honestly, I don't blame Nike for making a non translucent option. Just makes the shoe more accessible to more people.

Went hiking with these pairs throughout Japan the past ten days and did a quick clean up on them. Def holds up through long casual use (8+ hours of walking) lol
6BD18E17-914B-4C58-8517-974198941699.jpeg
890FF8FE-5763-4C11-8B2B-3894B1F9654B.jpeg

So far only Champs sports tweeted and posted an IG pic of the Element 55s saying they were releasing Aug 23rd? No footlocker or Nike store? Weird?

I stuck out on all the 87s. For me personally, the bets Colorway are the Dark Grey/Photo Blues/Red

Those 55s look like a Poor Man's 87, just a consolation prize. :rolleyes :ohwell: >D

Screw that, I'm not falling for that crap. Those look like they're gonna be GR. Don't look special at all.

Damn... you act as if it’s not the exact same shoe just non-translucent. Same design, everything. I thought it was consolation at first too but when I think about it, really the hype on 87s was manufactured to begin with anyway. Never should’ve been as hyped anyway. They had to do all that to sell a translucent gimmick and people fell for it hard. Yeah I’ll gladly take 55s, no consolation. Achieve essentially the same look I was going after for less money and less hype. Probably doing myself a favor too as they look to be more durable. Let’s be honest 87s are dope but they’re also fragile and they don’t protect against basic elements (dust/dirt/water). I’ll live without em that’s for sure. Not paying resell for the black pair (only pair I wanted) after seeing how dusty it gets. Retail or they can have em. Ready for the 23rd tho.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of the translucent upper trend but the materials used on the 55s' uppers make them look cheap to me. Woulda been nice to see them with a flyknit upper but i guess that would one-up the 87s by being more comfortable than the translucent material.

I'm not a big fan of the translucent upper trend but the materials used on the 55s' uppers make them look cheap to me. Woulda been nice to see them with a flyknit upper but i guess that would one-up the 87s by being more comfortable than the translucent material.

Everything can’t be flyknit. And we have epic reacts for that. Also have you held a pair? How do you know the materials used is so bad? They used mesh materials on 270s. Don’t see many folks complaining about those. Again everything can’t be flyknit. See through plastic on 87s doesn’t exactly look any “less” cheap IMO.

I don’t own either, so I really don’t know...

Do the Epic Reacts feel any different from the Element 87s?

Last edited:
Everything can’t be flyknit. And we have epic reacts for that. Also have you held a pair? How do you know the materials used is so bad? They used mesh materials on 270s. Don’t see many folks complaining about those. Again everything can’t be flyknit. See through plastic on 87s doesn’t exactly look any “less” cheap IMO.
I said they LOOK cheap, so I don't see what having held a pair has to do with it. as far as "everything can't be flyknit" - pretty much what i was getting at with the second sentence of my post. The epic reacts are ok but they're a running shoe vs a casual shoe and the silhouette is not nearly as good looking as the elements imo.
I would like a flyknit element, but I can see reasons why Nike isn't going in that direction.

hope the 87 crowd likes the 87 for the stretch woven and QS status and leave the 55 alone but i need a pair of 55s in white.

jordman23 jordman23 Don’t sh** on our 55 parade! Could careless if they are hyped or not...

I'm being real. I have both of the Invisible Woman air forces from back in the day, and this is part of reason I wanted them.

One of my Grails is a pair of Clot Air Maxes. The translucent upper is dope to me.

They're both terribly ugly, so there's that. But honestly, I don't blame Nike for making a non translucent option. Just makes the shoe more accessible to more people.

To each his own, I agree. Nike had to drop something for regular consumption.

FOH! I lurked NT since 02 and joined in 04. I've been around alot of hyped up sneaker releases.

I learned early Quality > Quantity

We should compile "The List" of people who heavily dislike the React Element 55s for being a "takedown" version of the Element 87s and then end up liking them/buying them afterwards. :D

Sign me up, unless the 55s hit $50 below at the outlet so I can use them for running.

Damn... you act as if it’s not the exact same shoe just non-translucent. Same design, everything. I thought it was consolation at first too but when I think about it, really the hype on 87s was manufactured to begin with anyway. Never should’ve been as hyped anyway. They had to do all that to sell a translucent gimmick and people fell for it hard. Yeah I’ll gladly take 55s, no consolation. Achieve essentially the same look I was going after for less money and less hype. Probably doing myself a favor too as they look to be more durable. Let’s be honest 87s are dope but they’re also fragile and they don’t protect against basic elements (dust/dirt/water). I’ll live without em that’s for sure. Not paying resell for the black pair (only pair I wanted) after seeing how dusty it gets. Retail or they can have em. Ready for the 23rd tho.

Now this type of comment, I can appreciate. This is a online sneaker community with members who share their insight and reasoning, not just quick to throw out a quirky comment for a like.

Like I said, I love the translucent gimmick. But really it's the colorways that does it for me. For me personally, all the 87' Colorways have been on point!

I will end up hunting a pair of Photo blues, these shoes are a must for me. They look like the first 2 colorways put together, with a splash of blue.

react photo.JPG

Attachments

• clot.JPG
    clot.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 20
  • inv.jpg
    inv.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 11
  • invi.jpg
    invi.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 11
I thought those af1 were dope...but I kept seeing too many fakes of clear shoes.

But when those am1 (Colt or clot) joints. People went crazy with the resell prices, when it was stupid limited.

I thought those af1 were dope...but I kept seeing too many fakes of clear shoes.

But when those am1 (Colt or clot) joints. People went crazy with the resell prices, when it was stupid limited.

Yea bro, that was the hype of FAKES everywhere. Gucci Print Air Forces, clear Jordans, Spongebob Dub Zeros, NBA patches everywhere :lol::lol:

Around the time Nicekicks used to sell fugazzi's

Back
Top Bottom