Nike SB Dunk High – ‘Statue of Liberty’ | February 2011

Nice pics slim.

I can dig the simplicity of the shoe overall. No crazy different materials in odd places.

Still can't dig the "forced" hype though and paying anything over $100 for them. But to each his own.

Nice pics slim.

I can dig the simplicity of the shoe overall. No crazy different materials in odd places.

Still can't dig the "forced" hype though and paying anything over $100 for them. But to each his own.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Nice pics slim.

Forced hype? Do you determine the hype? Just because you aren't willing to pay that much for them means its forced hype? I'm sure some people like the shoe and aren't worried about hype. Especially if they have the money for the shoes, and they aren't available in their city.Since when does supply and demand mean hype? no hate just wondering where your stance comes from.

Nice pics slim.

Forced hype? Do you determine the hype? Just because you aren't willing to pay that much for them means its forced hype? I'm sure some people like the shoe and aren't worried about hype. Especially if they have the money for the shoes, and they aren't available in their city.Since when does supply and demand mean hype? no hate just wondering where your stance comes from.

Originally Posted by jordanskates17

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

joints are trash...point blank..son copped a full size run thinking he goin to make bank

actually even if he sold them at 200 apiece (current market value) that'd be a pretty decent profit assuming that he got them at retail price

and to Stuntman Mike: I've known about SB since they started, I am a skater first. I saw cryatals in my CCS catalog for retail back in 04 and to this day  regret buying them. Now in regards to your comment on JFK and Where'd You Get Those? I'm just relaying what I read and saw onto you, I'm not trying to brag or come off as cocky, I just want you to realize that customizing is a big part of sneaker culture and has been for a long time. I do agree that people will get a more individual look if they skate these, but also I have to say that a custom will look better than a skated pair simply because of symmetry and the "clean/ fresh" factor. I hope you can see where I am coming from.
 Just curious when and how did you guys get into SBs (dunks)?
-EC91

happy.gif
...a "skater" would have skated in them.
Hopefully we'll be able to see some pairs that were skated in. 

I would have got them, but I don't really like the board feel on dunks.

why not (boardfeel)?

In regards to puddinpopp, I totally agree, if people are willing to pay that much then you are going to have to accept that. Now hype and price are not the same, hype is the "buzz" surrounding them, and price is just the price...hype can lead to a high price, but as we have seen just because it seems to be hyped doesnt mean people actually want them enough to pay a lot for them (neon j packs, loons, unlodens etc)....liberties i think are more popular than neons simply because they are a fresh idea which we havent seen pics for 5 years as we did with neon j packs, the shock value on neon j  packs wore off, where as the liberties hasnt, no pun intended , kind of a stretch but whatever

Originally Posted by jordanskates17

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

joints are trash...point blank..son copped a full size run thinking he goin to make bank

actually even if he sold them at 200 apiece (current market value) that'd be a pretty decent profit assuming that he got them at retail price

and to Stuntman Mike: I've known about SB since they started, I am a skater first. I saw cryatals in my CCS catalog for retail back in 04 and to this day  regret buying them. Now in regards to your comment on JFK and Where'd You Get Those? I'm just relaying what I read and saw onto you, I'm not trying to brag or come off as cocky, I just want you to realize that customizing is a big part of sneaker culture and has been for a long time. I do agree that people will get a more individual look if they skate these, but also I have to say that a custom will look better than a skated pair simply because of symmetry and the "clean/ fresh" factor. I hope you can see where I am coming from.
 Just curious when and how did you guys get into SBs (dunks)?
-EC91

happy.gif
...a "skater" would have skated in them.
Hopefully we'll be able to see some pairs that were skated in. 

I would have got them, but I don't really like the board feel on dunks.

why not (boardfeel)?

In regards to puddinpopp, I totally agree, if people are willing to pay that much then you are going to have to accept that. Now hype and price are not the same, hype is the "buzz" surrounding them, and price is just the price...hype can lead to a high price, but as we have seen just because it seems to be hyped doesnt mean people actually want them enough to pay a lot for them (neon j packs, loons, unlodens etc)....liberties i think are more popular than neons simply because they are a fresh idea which we havent seen pics for 5 years as we did with neon j packs, the shock value on neon j  packs wore off, where as the liberties hasnt, no pun intended , kind of a stretch but whatever

Forced hype? Do you determine the hype? Just because you aren't willing to pay that much for them means its forced hype?

No hate here either, but.... What? 
laugh.gif

I guess I'll explain myself in respect of your questions to me.  Here's only my opinion, not the gospel...
tongue.gif

But, you have the nerve to ask me about my opinion, but flipping the token, showing whatever pairs you could afford and posting "y'all shouldn't have slept."  Knowing those are for sale to the highest bidder...

Did I miss something?
laugh.gif

No need to educate me (or think I'm hindering you by posting my opinion -- I'm not that influential) on how to "market" making a penny into dollar. 
laugh.gif
  If I'm wrong, correct me, but that's what your post sounds like to me, which is off base.

But to answer your question...

Point blank, these can't hold the jock strap of anything SB released from 98 - 05.

Need proof?  See what the "value" of these will be 6, 8, 12 months... hell, 3 months from now.  And watch it not creep back up, as the next thing releases. 

That's where my "stance" comes from on it being "forced".  You having to post pics saying people "slept" further proves my point.  NO ONE slept on De Las, Diamonds, Bisons, etc.  Hell, there was a line for the DOOMS in Raleigh.  Thus, You are in your position because you are adding to the "forced" hype I'm alluding to.

On top of all that, maybe you'll be holding your pairs for later.  YOU know not to.  Further proof.

Need more proof?  I didn't get any in Raleigh. 
laugh.gif
  Wasn't worth the investment where I am in the game now.

Anyone with some experience in this hobby knows to wait until the hype dies down.  But, as you clearly stated, you gotta "feed" the kids.  And I got no problems with it, as no one should.  That's on them, and congrats on capitalizing. 

But its a way to go about things.  And I'll just leave that comment at that.  I'm from the old-er school obviously, and an official "old" head now, refusing to adapt to the newness.

I'm not even into SBs.  Why am I posting in here? 
laugh.gif

Dissertation over.  I always get trapped in this mess with one honest comment/stance. 
laugh.gif

Forced hype? Do you determine the hype? Just because you aren't willing to pay that much for them means its forced hype?

laugh.gif

I guess I'll explain myself in respect of your questions to me.  Here's only my opinion, not the gospel...
tongue.gif

But, you have the nerve to ask me about my opinion, but flipping the token, showing whatever pairs you could afford and posting "y'all shouldn't have slept."  Knowing those are for sale to the highest bidder...

Did I miss something?
laugh.gif

No need to educate me (or think I'm hindering you by posting my opinion -- I'm not that influential) on how to "market" making a penny into dollar. 
laugh.gif
  If I'm wrong, correct me, but that's what your post sounds like to me, which is off base.

Point blank, these can't hold the jock strap of anything SB released from 98 - 05.

Need proof?  See what the "value" of these will be 6, 8, 12 months... hell, 3 months from now.  And watch it not creep back up, as the next thing releases. 

That's where my "stance" comes from on it being "forced".  You having to post pics saying people "slept" further proves my point.  NO ONE slept on De Las, Diamonds, Bisons, etc.  Hell, there was a line for the DOOMS in Raleigh.  Thus, You are in your position because you are adding to the "forced" hype I'm alluding to.

On top of all that, maybe you'll be holding your pairs for later.  YOU know not to.  Further proof.

laugh.gif

Anyone with some experience in this hobby knows to wait until the hype dies down.  But, as you clearly stated, you gotta "feed" the kids.  And I got no problems with it, as no one should.  That's on them, and congrats on capitalizing. 

But its a way to go about things.  And I'll just leave that comment at that.  I'm from the old-er school obviously, and an official "old" head now, refusing to adapt to the newness.

laugh.gif

Dissertation over.  I always get trapped in this mess with one honest comment/stance. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Did I miss something?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

actually when bisons dropped, i think they were slow to catch on....jedis sat too. I do agree that most of the stuff was liked right out of the gate. The mainstream hype imo didnt start until tiffs. Even when pigeons dropped, it wasnt as big, but it was getting there and was well on its way....eys of hazel, may i ask for a favor, can you send me a pm describing if and how quality on dunks declined in 2006, because there are some people who say it hasnt and some who do, I just want the final story from someone who I know, knows his SB stuff. thanks man.
-EC91

230 on kixclusive, and dude you say wait for the hype to die, I dont think shoes these days have that happen anymore, EXCEPTIONS, bucks, michael lau blazers, both of these shoes' resale prices dropped significantly

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Did I miss something?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

actually when bisons dropped, i think they were slow to catch on....jedis sat too. I do agree that most of the stuff was liked right out of the gate. The mainstream hype imo didnt start until tiffs. Even when pigeons dropped, it wasnt as big, but it was getting there and was well on its way....eys of hazel, may i ask for a favor, can you send me a pm describing if and how quality on dunks declined in 2006, because there are some people who say it hasnt and some who do, I just want the final story from someone who I know, knows his SB stuff. thanks man.
-EC91

230 on kixclusive, and dude you say wait for the hype to die, I dont think shoes these days have that happen anymore, EXCEPTIONS, bucks, michael lau blazers, both of these shoes' resale prices dropped significantly

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Did I miss something?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I feel you but I got stussys, rayguns, de la souls, diamonds, bisons all in raleigh with little to no line. But if you were there then cool.
laugh.gif
You must got me confused for one of these kids that just hopped on the bandwagon. Either way doesn't matter. And to think that the shoes are going to go down after they peaked makes no sense at all. They will never go back to retail price anytime soon. I flipped to get a pair to wear and a pair to stock. I actually enjoy the shoes and collect a pair of each shoes I sell. There you go with that hype word again..you say it like someone on the outside looking in who doesn't even like the shoes but hates that they are popular somewhere.  It just sounds like you are hating on kids these days for going after something they like. Even though the "heat" in your eyes came out years ago...you have to realize its the same brand and its a cycle.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Did I miss something?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I feel you but I got stussys, rayguns, de la souls, diamonds, bisons all in raleigh with little to no line. But if you were there then cool.
laugh.gif
You must got me confused for one of these kids that just hopped on the bandwagon. Either way doesn't matter. And to think that the shoes are going to go down after they peaked makes no sense at all. They will never go back to retail price anytime soon. I flipped to get a pair to wear and a pair to stock. I actually enjoy the shoes and collect a pair of each shoes I sell. There you go with that hype word again..you say it like someone on the outside looking in who doesn't even like the shoes but hates that they are popular somewhere.  It just sounds like you are hating on kids these days for going after something they like. Even though the "heat" in your eyes came out years ago...you have to realize its the same brand and its a cycle.

dude's don't even know who they tryna school 
30t6p3b.gif

this is so bizarre to see this kinda crap flying around on here nowadays 
frown.gif

dude's don't even know who they tryna school 
30t6p3b.gif

this is so bizarre to see this kinda crap flying around on here nowadays 
frown.gif

On my..

" Empire State Of Mind "

Nike Dunk Statue Of Liberty Sb 

VERY NICE IN PERSON.