Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

I deleted tradeblock; what a nasty app with so many nasty people. Easier to just sell and purchase what you want. Any potential savings from doing a trade just isn't worth the hassle. Now if people were reasonable it could be an awesome platform.
That’s the thing, people aren’t reasonable or offering fair trades. Then you have the clowns offering used shoes for something really good and new. GTFOOH!

I deleted tradeblock; what a nasty app with so many nasty people. Easier to just sell and purchase what you want. Any potential savings from doing a trade just isn't worth the hassle. Now if people were reasonable it could be an awesome platform.
Truth.. people don’t even decline offers.
It’s some kind of power trip called “leaving you open”. Really childish and ignorant. All they have to do is implement a process where you have to respond to an offer once you look at it. Accept, decline, counter OR extend for 24 hrs.

Good concept but I don’t think the owners see the big picture.

Or you should just move on to another one of the million shoes that are just as good with less hype behind them?

I thought I had after getting my Carmine 6s but when the SBs cropped up in my size I was pulled back in.

What shoes would you say are just as good?

I would have bought the lucky green Jordan 3 but they didnt come in my size.
That would be closest match if you like the colorway alone.
Yeah but totally different shoe. Do people not realize that? If your after the colorway alone than sure, but that isn’t the only reason people want theses and are willing to pay resale.

If I want a Lost and Found I’m not gonna get an AJ2 Chicago cause it has the same colors.

I always hear people say, “get the Jordan 2 lucky green” same colorway and will do the same thing for fits” this thinking is weird. Why would someone looking for a Jordan 4 in pine green want to spend money on something other than that?!

Being into sneaker collecting you’re going to run into some level of redundancy at some point. That said, one is not a substitute for the other. Two different shoes, two different executions
IMG_5378.jpeg

IMG_5376.jpeg

IMG_5377.jpeg

I haven’t done many deals on Tradeblock but I’ve negotiated a lot on the platform and have kinda figured out how to navigate.

Value and hype are the two driving factors. Trade block isn’t the platform where you’re going to be able to trade up. If you want something with any hype, you’re going to have to give up something with the same type of hype that will attract traders. Value is secondary. I’ve had folks decline $300 value in their favor because what I was offering had value but none of it was as sought after what I was looking for.

…And this why shoe resellers exist.
Biting the apple only creates evil. It’s a temporary high.

Reselling exists in almost every product. Biting at the high prices decided by “the market” is what creates the evil with sneakers. We have to say no to the initial high prices so that they are more fair down the line.

But if reselling wasnt a thing, people may miss out on shoes they want altogether through genuine collectors who may double and triple up.

The solution to this is for Nike and others to produce shoes that costs them very little to make in greater quantities which will lessen resales impact and people who double up. But they wont cos they like hype etcs

Low key happy folks in nowhere USA can cop jawnz

Sure it’s east to wish it was like the golden era so I could have access to all the NYC boutiques and mom and pop shops in tri state. And having NPCs not know bout any of the boutiques from yesteryear. But that’s not cool bro

OK, let's stop this substitution discussion. It makes no sense. Getting a diff model b/c the colorway is the same is not a thing for anyone other than the casual person looking for a random shoe in a specific color, and that's not anyone in here.

Reselling exists in almost every product. Biting at the high prices decided by “the market” is what creates the evil with sneakers. We have to say no to the initial high prices so that they are more fair down the line.

But if reselling wasnt a thing, people may miss out on shoes they want altogether through genuine collectors who may double and triple up.

The solution to this is for Nike and others to produce shoes that costs them very little to make in greater quantities which will lessen resales impact and people who double up. But they wont cos they like hype etcs
Yeah, but what is that greater quantity? Once you do this the community will complain you lose the “limited” aspect and then complain that **** is sitting.

Yeah, but what is that greater quantity? Once you do this the community will complain you lose the “limited” aspect and then complain that **** is sitting.

Is that a community complaint? Most threads are happy for everyone to eat. Nike knows what the demand is likely to be or at least can guestimate.

Remember Jordans as originally created are sports shoes and nike wanted everyone to wear them. Just to back to 90s numbers

marketing is like 95% psychology. Fatigue can definitely happen when you’re choosing between a different multiple times a week. Even more so when they options are objectively not the best. The real issue is Nike gives us plenty of the stuff they know are going to be slow movers based on the current appetite and gives us low amounts of the stuff that they know people will get out of bed for. And they reserve the best materials and cool gimmicks for those releases too.

I think they’re getting a little better at it in terms of some releases like the jordan 3 reimagineds and even the lost and founds in terms of stock, restocks, and allocations. But still falls short on a bunch of other releases.

All that to say there’s gotta be some method to the madness. Nike is profit driven. They’re releasing a the way they are because that’s how Nike thinks they’ll get the most money

Eggshell white and forest green is really dope combination. More shoes should use it.

Back
Top Bottom