Nike tech challenge...Just do it Nike

laugh.gif
 I just posted that up-top.

One of my grail shoes, and my current three are pretty much unwearable now. I thought we were on a solid Retro track when Nike did the 1st Techs a couple years ago, then they just stopped on me. Praying for the Black/Blue Tech Challenges someday (or Ginger per the ads above).
View media item 231264

Last edited:
One of my grail shoes, and my current three are pretty much unwearable now. I thought we were on a solid Retro track when Nike did the 1st Techs a couple years ago, then they just stopped on me. Praying for the Black/Blue Tech Challenges someday (or Ginger per the ads above).
View media item 231264

The Tech Challenge III SERIOUSLY F'd up the Agassi retro's. I remember going into a local shop and asking whether they would get the Tech II and they laughed at me and say no way, when I asked why they pointed to a pair of Tech III's marked down to 20 bucks. They come with a PROPER Tech Challenge III with the brighter colors, proper blocking and OG logo's it would be a wrap

Thanks for posting all that stuff!

I need more details on this jacket! When and how did it release? I'm wondering if it's legit, because Agassi owns the burning ball logo, doesn't he? That's why the retro Tech's were made without them. At least that was my understanding of the situation.

That jacket's legit, it was like 350-500 bucks. And that whole thing about the logo was B.S., if you remember Nike released a bunch of t shirts with the same logo around the same time as the shoes release.

That jacket's legit, it was like 350-500 bucks. And that whole thing about the logo was B.S., if you remember Nike released a bunch of t shirts with the same logo around the same time as the shoes release.

A bunch? No, I definitely didn't see those. I remember James Blake wearing the lava shirt at Agassi's last U.S. Open as a tribute, but Nike didn't release that anywhere, as far as I saw.

The only piece of clothing I saw that was released to match the Tech retro was the black/lava hooded windbreaker that several NTers copped. At least I didn't see anything else online. Who knows....maybe there was more clothing at the store level. But there's sure not much on the net. The few things on ebay are actually originals, not retro.

^ James Blake's shirt was a one-off... just a shout-out to Andre at the time.

tx.james.blake.jpg

34snll4.jpg

Complete with PE Vapor III's in Hot Lava.

usopen07lu6.jpg

As for that jacket, I didn't like it at all... combining the Hot Lava splatter (Air Tech Challenge 2) with the burning tennis ball (which didn't debut until the Air Tech Challenge 3), to me, made no sense at all.  

I was very disappointed.

^ Yeah, not one of their finer-moments, with Andre definitely wrong here.  The funny thing is that I think the press made a meal out of their "rivalry" or "hatred" for one another... but in reality, having followed their careers, I don't think it was as bad as what the press made it out to be.  Definitely, IMO, sensationalized by the press.  Sure, they weren't the best of friends, but I felt the rivalry was healthy and they definitely had respect for each other.  

Anyway, this was pretty cool from that night.

Haha, all this having nothing to do with Air Tech Challenge BTW... 

Last edited:
I was trying to relive my childhood and surpressing the endless tennis lessons my dad forced on me and it dawned on me that I had the Agassi Lavas, BUT, i remember mine being only shades of grey and no hot lava pink.  Mind you I was 11-12 at the time and wearing pink at that age was far from desired.  So when I went down to the local outlet I was happy to find a pair of Agassi Tech Challenge but without the pink.  I believe they were some kind of special editions or something of that sort.  Can anyone confirm that these existed or was my whole childhood a lie?

^ What country did you live in?  I know that Europe got black/grey models... 

But that's not to say the US didn't get them either, of course.

Last edited:
still dying for some challenge 2s in lava size 13 ..... DS or NDS

havin a hard time if anyone knows of some

when was the last time they re-retrod the Nike Air tech Challenge shoes? And did they run the shoes up to a Size 14? 

coustoms here, and i really DIG em!!

WHAT A TRIP! i actually want these because when i was a kid i had the OGs and wore em HARD wore em out so bad i sharpied em just like that to make me feel like i had a new pair!

damn .. memories.. and thats CRAZY .. i always told people how good they looked black no one ever believed me

Back
Top Bottom