Nike Trainer 1.3 Mid / Max / Low

^Most of the school edition shoes have been reselling for $250-300+, so I'm not even that shocked by a $400 tag on eBay.

^Most of the school edition shoes have been reselling for $250-300+, so I'm not even that shocked by a $400 tag on eBay.

^not as tight as the promo pictures.... kinda sloppy imo. I actually like how the armys turned out better, way more clean execution. I originally wanted Navys but to me they almost look borderline tacky.

^not as tight as the promo pictures.... kinda sloppy imo. I actually like how the armys turned out better, way more clean execution. I originally wanted Navys but to me they almost look borderline tacky.

^ Really? still want to see them in person. I really liked the promo pics, armys looked to plain in promo pics. Can't wait to see them both on here.

^ Really? still want to see them in person. I really liked the promo pics, armys looked to plain in promo pics. Can't wait to see them both on here.

^The digi camo is just looks like a plastic with a like glossy film over it. And the hits of metallic are just not great compliments to the shoe. Just my opinion.

^The digi camo is just looks like a plastic with a like glossy film over it. And the hits of metallic are just not great compliments to the shoe. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by marley

Armys and Navys just went up on Eastbay. Sold out instantly. I missed them again.
on limited to very limited releases, Eastbay is pretty much akin to winning your state lottery or powerball.  You must be refreshing constantly and hope that the gods of the internet are looking down favorably upon you.  Not really a knock on Eastbay as much as it just speaks to how very few of these shoes they get and how much people follow/are on their website.  The days of people sleeping on or not being aware of Eastbay are gone.  My main suggestion to them would be to get better technology in place to service their best customers when ultra limited releases become available.  Heck- even giving their platinum and gold club members first shot at releases such as these is a great thought- why should someone who buys 1-2 pair of shoes from them a year have just as good a shot at stuff like this as folks who buy 10s or even 20-30 pair yearly?

Originally Posted by marley

Armys and Navys just went up on Eastbay. Sold out instantly. I missed them again.
on limited to very limited releases, Eastbay is pretty much akin to winning your state lottery or powerball.  You must be refreshing constantly and hope that the gods of the internet are looking down favorably upon you.  Not really a knock on Eastbay as much as it just speaks to how very few of these shoes they get and how much people follow/are on their website.  The days of people sleeping on or not being aware of Eastbay are gone.  My main suggestion to them would be to get better technology in place to service their best customers when ultra limited releases become available.  Heck- even giving their platinum and gold club members first shot at releases such as these is a great thought- why should someone who buys 1-2 pair of shoes from them a year have just as good a shot at stuff like this as folks who buy 10s or even 20-30 pair yearly?

The school releases on Eastbay make no sense to me whatsoever. There's no warning, heads up, notification, or anything from Eastbay about them dropping, and nobody is gonna sit at home for an entire day refreshing every 10 seconds. This is exactly how I'm caught looking when it comes to these Eastbay releases:
misc-jackie-chan.png

The school releases on Eastbay make no sense to me whatsoever. There's no warning, heads up, notification, or anything from Eastbay about them dropping, and nobody is gonna sit at home for an entire day refreshing every 10 seconds. This is exactly how I'm caught looking when it comes to these Eastbay releases:
misc-jackie-chan.png

I wanted a pair of navys for a family member and former Navy personnel... Now to think of other presents to give to them..

Thanks Nike. These releases almost make them feel like they don't even exist. And when that happens, the resell should ultimately suffer, as many will try to dump them at $350. But if no one knows about them, then how will that even happen? I guess they are hoping that us consumers and message board users drive the popularity?

I wanted a pair of navys for a family member and former Navy personnel... Now to think of other presents to give to them..

Thanks Nike. These releases almost make them feel like they don't even exist. And when that happens, the resell should ultimately suffer, as many will try to dump them at $350. But if no one knows about them, then how will that even happen? I guess they are hoping that us consumers and message board users drive the popularity?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

pretty much- these aren't even a "blip" on the radar in terms of overall sales numbers.  Just an opportunity to &%$ some people off who really want them and drive the hypetrain.....pretty much the only trainer PE I haven't seen do very well in awhile was that EA 1.3 for college football '12 and the main reason was the materials used.  Other than that, any Trainer PE that gets out there is pretty well said and done for within a 5-30 minute timeframe.

I feel fortunate I was able to get some Fighting Ducks 1.3 Frees and some LSU, OSU. MSU that went to other NTers for relatively cheap.  No Ebay 300-350 for me, but hey- everyone's got their thing I guess.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

pretty much- these aren't even a "blip" on the radar in terms of overall sales numbers.  Just an opportunity to &%$ some people off who really want them and drive the hypetrain.....pretty much the only trainer PE I haven't seen do very well in awhile was that EA 1.3 for college football '12 and the main reason was the materials used.  Other than that, any Trainer PE that gets out there is pretty well said and done for within a 5-30 minute timeframe.

I feel fortunate I was able to get some Fighting Ducks 1.3 Frees and some LSU, OSU. MSU that went to other NTers for relatively cheap.  No Ebay 300-350 for me, but hey- everyone's got their thing I guess.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom