Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Besides a swoosh account and winning a raffle once in a blue moon, working for Nike wasnt what I thought it'd be. I was under the impression that we'll get every release, no problem. I worked "back of house" where all the shoe's were. We'd come up off the hash wall sometimes tho.
Hell no might as well work at Payless, you’ll be able to get more kicks there

I don't see giving 10% to F&F/Clients being a problem. I don't know if I read that here or somewhere else but Nike and Adidas contracts allow 10% of stock to be given to F&F/Clients.

A couple stores in NYC actually give alot of their stock to clients to avoid all this stuff as too. The problem is the stores who give to resellers. Clients don't really count as "backdooring"

SSense gave 100% of their pairs, save for the Converse and Prestos, to their VIPs and I guarantee Nike had 0 issues with this.

Resellers who get backdoor pairs are paying close to resell. Their clientele pays the premium so both the store and the reseller make their money. People see backdoor pairs for limited releases and think that they paid $50-100 on top of resell lol.

Oh and any store owned by James whitner is notorious for backdooring. That guy is a clown and acts like a superstar lol

lets go down the list of who deserves it most....

2) ubiq
4) packer

Not D-riding or flagging for either but IMHO Packer & Ubiq (Philly) are both good establishments that don't deserve that negative stigma.

Their supply could never outlast the demand. I think they do try hard to make the process fair

but let's be real, we'll continue to enter those raffles until a win sways our negative perception.

Whites in my sz 10 seem to be dropping in price. If they ever do hit low 500’s ima be copping those as well lol.

1. if y’all or anyone was in the position to get pairs via backdoor nobody in the aforementioned position would have a problem.

2. I could understand why a store might not be sympathetic to some of their consumers. For the limited tier zero stuff everybody pops out the wood work. It’s not difficult at all to sell. They could double the retail and it’d still sell out. It’s not like many of us go to these stores on a regular basis for some GR dunks.

3. Even if they didn’t backdoor anything ever your chances only increased by 0.000001 :lol:

Don’t let backdooring affect you. It’s out of your control and part of the game.

Last edited:
Oh and any store owned by James whitner is notorious for backdooring. That guy is a clown and acts like a superstar lol
100% not true. Some stores? Maybe, he has close to 20 now. All? I can personally say that's not true.

On a personal note, James is a great guy. I feel confident in saying you've never even spoken to him.

100% not true. Some stores? Maybe, he has close to 20 now. All? I can personally say that's not true.

On a personal note, James is a great guy. I feel confident in saying you've never even spoken to him.

I have spoken to him. Dude is a rich guy who is from the streets and is always talking about that tries to give off the perception that he’s a humble dude.. he doesn’t care about customers and he doesn’t care about backdooring pairs. For the DC store he promised people who cleaned up the area off white prestos and a few dudes I know personally have yet to see those shoes.

Last year he screwed over the SS scavenger hunt and told some guys he was gonna invoice them for the shoes they won and they never got anything. Pretty lame if you ask me

Add St. Alfred

I've heard this before. A little surprising since I've won at least 5 raffles there in the last year, but I've probably just been very lucky

I was gonna say take this down before dblplay1212 dblplay1212 sees this, but too late :lol:

I have spoken to him. Dude is a rich guy who is from the streets and is always talking about that tries to give off the perception that he’s a humble dude.. he doesn’t care about customers and he doesn’t care about backdooring pairs. For the DC store he promised people who cleaned up the area off white prestos and a few dudes I know personally have yet to see those shoes.

Last year he screwed over the SS scavenger hunt and told some guys he was gonna invoice them for the shoes they won and they never got anything. Pretty lame if you ask me
He didn't promise 50 people white prestos. :lol: They may have thought they'd get something, but that's on them. Nothing was promised. They literally invited anyone to come. If your friends went bc they thought they'd get something rather than to actually help the community, shame on them. But to think he was going to offer white prestos to everyone that came out is beyond dumb. There would have been 500 two bit resellers from NYC down there picking up trash. That promise simply wasn't made.

No offense, but you're talking out of your ***. Many managers have been fired for backdooring to resellers. In fact one just recently got fired for that. He has almost 20 stores. He can't oversee everything at every location. But to say he doesn't care is just wrong. Getting shoes into the hands of people that wear them in a huge focus for him.

I was gonna say take this down before dblplay1212 dblplay1212 sees this, but too late :lol:
haha I know I cape for him often but he really is a good dude. I'm not saying stuff doesn't happen at a store here and there, I just get irked when people turn that around and say every store is like that. They aren't. When you have 20 stores in this business, you're going to have stuff happen. There's no way to prevent it. Taking something from one store and saying it happens at every store when you've never stepped in those stores is just ignorant.

Packers definitely backdoors a lot of their stock. I've actually bought from one of those people who got the backdoored pairs.

Reactions: JPS
We’ll see if the Blends rumor is true soon enough with the Nike releases coming up this week.

Part of me hopes it’s true because I’m not a huge fan of theirs but I & friends of mine have hit there before so at the end of the day it would just end up being one less place to potentially cop from.

Not D-riding or flagging for either but IMHO Packer & Ubiq (Philly) are both good establishments that don't deserve that negative stigma.

Their supply could never outlast the demand. I think they do try hard to make the process fair

but let's be real, we'll continue to enter those raffles until a win sways our negative perception.

with ubiq its just a matter of almost never hearing anyone win a single raffle they do...

packer is not all bad but i have my own personal beef with them.

ur right though gonna continue entering no matter what lol

Came in. Jumped to the most recent post. First thing I see is backdooring. Now I feel compelled to go back to the beginning of the discussion. Silly me thinking and was just going to come in and pick up from the last post lol

Came in. Jumped to the most recent post. First thing I see is backdooring. Now I feel compelled to go back to the beginning of the discussion. Silly me thinking and was just going to come in and pick up from the last post lol
You're not missing anything. Dont waste your time lol

Back
Top Bottom