Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I'm a little late to the backdoor talk but figured id throw my two cents in. If SS headquarters cared about how the stores handled backdooring, they could easily implement a solution like Ubiq did with an online form to fill out. I've been entering raffles in Pittsburgh SS stores for years and haven't hit once. My understanding is that recently with the really hyped up stuff they aren't even sending those releases to the stores. When i enter at the stores in pgh i have to write my name and pp address on a piece of paper in one store, then going to the other store and there they enter my info in a spreadsheet. It's completely possible that i just have really bad luck there, but i think it's just a bad look in general to have the entry process be all over the place when they are allegedly sending these entries to the HQ to raffle and invoice winners.

With all that said, i managed to hit the Ubiq raffle for the white prestos, so i made the 3.5 hr trek to Georgetown to pick those up last friday. The store was cool and the employees were nice, so i don't have much bad to say about them.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b3e2.jpg

I'm a little late to the backdoor talk but figured id throw my two cents in. If SS headquarters cared about how the stores handled backdooring, they could easily implement a solution like Ubiq did with an online form to fill out. I've been entering raffles in Pittsburgh SS stores for years and haven't hit once. My understanding is that recently with the really hyped up stuff they aren't even sending those releases to the stores. When i enter at the stores in pgh i have to write my name and pp address on a piece of paper in one store, then going to the other store and there they enter my info in a spreadsheet. It's completely possible that i just have really bad luck there, but i think it's just a bad look in general to have the entry process be all over the place when they are allegedly sending these entries to the HQ to raffle and invoice winners.

With all that said, i managed to hit the Ubiq raffle for the white prestos, so i made the 3.5 hr trek to Georgetown to pick those up last friday. The store was cool and the employees were nice, so i don't have much bad to say about them.

Yea all the SS/AMM/APB stores do sign ups. Some do paper and the enter to a spreadsheet, some just do straight spreadsheet. All entries are emailed to corporate in Charlotte, they pull winners, then email invoices. The stores never even have the pairs in store to be able to backdoor, yet people still cry that all their pairs are backdoored. I won Kaws IV from there that way.

Resellers paying 600 instead of the 750 that people who took the L gotta pay is still in favor of the reseller. Anybody would rather pay 600 instead of current market if given the opportunity. It's still not fair at the end of the day lol
They gotta usually buy a bunch, they can’t just pick and choose their one size at that price

Yea all the SS/AMM/APB stores do sign ups. Some do paper and the enter to a spreadsheet, some just do straight spreadsheet. All entries are emailed to corporate in Charlotte, they pull winners, then email invoices. The stores never even have the pairs in store to be able to backdoor, yet people still cry that all their pairs are backdoored. I won Kaws IV from there that way.
That's the only way it works... My gf won UNC 1s this way but when they held a store raffle for another release they literally raffled 5 pairs for over 200 people.

Anyone who has both the white and black pair of prestos have an opinion in which you like better? Have the whites and love em but I don’t wear white shoes enough to appreciate them so was considering trading them + cash for the blacks. I would wear them more but I also have so many black kicks. Tough choice

Same have won a couple times from SNS (Only Yeezys :rolleyes). But the rate compared to Kith winners is very low though
It's probably because they prioritize Kith over SNS in NYC.

Anyone who has both the white and black pair of prestos have an opinion in which you like better? Have the whites and love em but I don’t wear white shoes enough to appreciate them so was considering trading them + cash for the blacks. I would wear them more but I also have so many black kicks. Tough choice
Black, just because it's low maintenance.

Maybe ubiqs not all bad, they prolly get a relatively small stock for online raffle so that skewed my perception...

i know commonwealth not only backdoored, but straight up resold their own asics collab a few years ago, the shadiest thing i’ve ever seen. had listings on ebay and the paypal turned out to be commonwealth llc.

like i said packer is not all bad, but pissed me off multiple times on fcfs btw 2014-2016...being promised certain amount of pairs and having the number mysteriously dwindle in the morning, literally being f’d out of hours of camping (and travel). Also, i remember them releasing less than 100 pairs of their asics gel lyte iii 25th anni collab for the in store release, when there were 1990 pairs produced.

EB lost my respect on the black pigeon SB release (remains my last campout to this day).

don’t get me started on concepts nyc.

ok im done being off topic lol.

black blazers are fire imo!

Ubiq backdoored for sure.

I feel like this may have something to do with whatever's happening http://fortune.com/2017/10/26/nike-retailers/

“It also will launch a Nike membership next month that will offer exclusive products and first crack”

That could be interesting.

Article was written about a year ago, but thinking that the “membership” referred to in this article is just basically the early access given through SNKRS and the certain Nike plus exclusives on the app

Back
Top Bottom