Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

You never wear sneakers anywhere? Where them to the grocery store, movies, anywhere. It's hilarious that you just admitted that you wear sneakers to flex on others, not bc you actually like them.
I personally wear most of my sneakers AT work. Luckily my company allows for jeans and sneakers or else I would only be able to rock them on the weekend, which would suck. Only problem I have about wearing at work is Im not actually going anywhere in them just sitting down and occasional trips to the break room lol.

Nope, traded them straight up for Patta Purple. Wait, I'm lying. I traded OW Chicago for Patta Purple and OW White for the Lucky Greens. Both pairs went to the same guy, a good friend of mine. I respect the OW collection, especially the AJ1, but I just don't wear AJ1's. It just made more sense to trade for what I wear.

I'll take both of those AM1's for 200 any day. It's not a bad trade at all.

I personally wear most of my sneakers AT work. Luckily my company allows for jeans and sneakers or else I would only be able to rock them on the weekend, which would suck. Only problem I have about wearing at work is Im not actually going anywhere in them just sitting down and occasional trips to the break room lol.
Yea I'm fortunate that my office allows sneakers and jeans too. Would really suck to not be able to wear sneakers daily. I just cant imagine thinking "I have nowhere to flex on people so I'll leave my pairs in the box and track their value" instead of just wearing the shoe bc I like wearing shoes.

I'll take both of those AM1's for 200 any day. It's not a bad trade at all.
Right? Yea it worked out for us both. I hated to trade the Chicagos bc they really are awesome in hand but I just had to be honest with myself that I just dont wear high tops at all, so trading for an am1 grail made too much sense. Same with the whites.

giphy.gif

I feel you so much on this... I hate lacing my kicks up. I've been trying to lace my kicks as soon as I get them because if I wait even a few hours... in the closet they go...

Glad I ain’t the only one. Occasionally, when I’m just watching tv or a movie or something I’ll grab a random DS pair to lace them up. Don’t know why it seems like such a chore to me.

Nah for me I don’t resell them. Because I will always remember the feeling of how bad I want them. Sometimes it’s just that “collectors’ mentality” but I know I will wear it eventually.

I got a few from the collection i got for retail that I don’t plan on wearing but won’t resell them because of that mentality. I want to have as many from the collection as possible lol. Maybe that’ll change in the future but I don’t anticipate it.

Luckily I can wear kicks everyday to work also. That was part of my criteria when I was searching for a job lol

If you wear shoes bc you like them rather than to flex on others, you can wear them any day. I literally wore Cherrywoods to work last week. Nobody here even knows what they are but I love them so I wear them. Wear shoes for you, not others.

Man, I can't do that. I wouldn't say I wear kicks to flex, and maybe I'm just a bit insecure, but I feel silly wearing nice kicks to do simple errands. Feels like those girls who put on make up to go to the gym :lol: Yeah it's stupid, but I can't shake that feeling :rolleyes

Glad I ain’t the only one. Occasionally, when I’m just watching tv or a movie or something I’ll grab a random DS pair to lace

I got a few from the collection i got for retail that I don’t plan on wearing but won’t resell them because of that mentality. I want to have as many from the collection as possible lol. Maybe that’ll change in the future but I don’t anticipate it.

Luckily I can wear kicks everyday to work also. That was part of my criteria when I was searching for a job lol
Glad I ain’t the only one. Occasionally, when I’m just watching tv or a movie or something I’ll grab a random DS pair to lace them up. Don’t know why it seems like such a chore to me.

Thats how I feel with the OW Prestos, I REALLY want to wear them but not wear them too cuz I just want to collect them and I’m afraid if I beat those up I won’t find another pair/model that I like as much and not about to pay resell to double up. I FREAKEN LOVE THOSE OW PRESTOS MAN! Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I can't do that. I wouldn't say I wear kicks to flex, and maybe I'm just a bit insecure, but I feel silly wearing nice kicks to do simple errands. Feels like those girls who put on make up to go to the gym :lol: Yeah it's stupid, but I can't shake that feeling :rolleyes
haha I guess I can see that point of view. I mean I don't wear top shelf pairs if I'm running up to the gas station but we went to look at houses last weekend and I broke out some vintage air. idk, I just wear whatever catches my eye that day. Hell I'll wear top shelf pairs to the office on a Saturday morning and I'll be the only one in the office. I don't save anything for a moment that I can flex on someone.

Plus another thing is I’m lazy when it comes to lacing kicks. So a lot of times I’m like, I’ll break these out finally...only to realize they aren’t laced at all or how I want them, then I’ll go with something else lol
Complete opposite for me. I'll stack some pairs up and then spend a Sunday afternoon just peacefully lacing shoes in my room. My wife calls it my "lace therapy." It's just time I take to myself to sit and ponder life. :lol:

Lmao, my son said I don't have a reason to wear nice kicks unless I'm on vacation :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not trying to get at you or anything, to each their own.
i could understand this thinking when i was a kid i never got to wear new stuff had to wait for an eventful day. smh for some ocasions. but now every work week I make it threw is a event :rofl:

Damn, it's wild up in here. Nothing wrong with holding onto pairs and unds'ing in the future. I feel like I've really started to unds my boost pairs from last year that I was keeping on ice. I guess maybe now that the boost bubble has burst and the pairs aren't as high on resell, I can actually justify breaking em out (i.e., Bait EQT, Kith Copa Cobra, etc.). I also get the mentality where you wanna wear something that everyone is hyped about. But if you're a true sneakerhead, you'd know what's what anyway even if it's not "in" anymore (i.e., foams, sb's, etc.). Just my thoughts and contribution to where I started seeing the posts going.

Back to topic, sometimes the easiest way to avoid that struggle between wearing/flipping is to buy the shoe in an incorrect size lolol.

Back
Top Bottom