Nike Zoom Kobe III Black-Maize First Look

talaria1.jpg
TEAM KING KOOPA

Quote:
The MAJORITY of people that buy the "limited-edition" or "high-demand" athletic shoes are not using them for athletic purposes.

Obviously...but, that is a TINY percentage of the market..VERY SMALL! What is your point?

Quote:
Shoes will always sell because footwear is essnetial to a certain extent, but the MAJORITY of consumers would not spend extra $$ on a shoe just because it was a limited edition.

As all of the kids out there will tell you, it's a "game" now; performance isn't the main attribute of the shoe anymore, but rather how bad it creases, what they can match it up with and "break necks", or how much they can flip it for on eBay...

"fads" don't last 20-30 years...Will Smith has been talking about "not creasing his kicks" since the 80's...and, if you don't think that people have been "matching" or "hooking up" their shoes to their clothes since at least the 80s...again, you haven't been paying attention...

Quote:
...just like all of the baseball card/comic book/beanie baby collectors that fell to the wayside after those fads also died down.

using "fad" in relation to the athletic shoe industry makes no sense...20-30 years IS NOT a fad...

Quote:
If that's the most logical comparison you can come up with then I'm not even going to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

$200.00 sneaker vs. $150,000 car?

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people have that kind of disposible income...
[email protected]

^ word, JM. Yeah, lots of car ques. Other than Jordans inspired by his car collection, how about Sprewell Spinners on Dadas? LOL

cost is relative
comparing the cost of shoes to cars straight across is crazy.....but comparing the cost of shoes to cars in relative terms makes sense, thus making the shoe:car comparison work
Say Hi to Mickey and Goofy for me Rashard​

Inspiration?
zm_11587_1.jpg

zm_11587_2.jpg

zm_11587_5.jpg
__________​
but why buy the shoes if you're not going to wear them? - Prof. K

These are going to be sweetness on the court

mark my words, one of the best balling shoes ever

Angel
I am one with no friends nor family......
Satsui No Hadou.....​
Where I walk, i walk alone...​

Quote:
"fads" don't last 20-30 years...Will Smith has been talking about "not creasing his kicks" since the 80's...and, if you don't think that people have been "matching" or "hooking up" their shoes to their clothes since at least the 80s...again, you haven't been paying attention...

Comic book and baseball card companies have been around for twice as long. Both industries experienced their respective peaks with "multiple cover/gold foil/limited edition/small print run" gimmicks used to create hype to products (kinda what the shoe industry has been doing for a few years now). Both markets were flooded with people trying to cash in on those "gimmicks", but when they realized that there was little to no resale value like they had hoped would happen, they stopped buying, and sales dropped dramatically.

Do people still buy and sell comics books and baseball cards?

Yep.

Are their sales numbers anywhere near what they were about 10 to 15 years ago during their respective peaks?

Nope, and probably never will be.
Quote:
- Bringing out a new model every year in an attempt to get people to buy the new model, wether or not the old one is in need of replacing...

Baseball cards - once per year.
Comic Books - once per month.
Quote:
- The artistic aspect of both industries...

Artists draw comic books, baseball cards have a new design every year.
Quote:
- The salesperson aspect of both industries...

You got me there; but I'd trust a person selling me a baseball card or comic book before I'd trust a shoe salesperson or car salesperson trying to sell me something.
Quote:
- Everyone buys cars, everyone buys shoes...
4L8O15S16T23!42​

lol @ comparing shoes to Beanie Babies or cards

People NEED shoes. Do they need expensive shoes? No, but people will always buy shoes.

There is no need for a freaking Beanie Baby. There is no need for a baseball card. But shoes? They're not going anywhere. And as long as they're not going anywhere, there will exist $10 Starburys and $1,000 Manolo Blahniks.
SELL ME NEON AM360/AM95 HYBRIDS, SZ. 11/11.5! (YES, this is current! NO, I dont have them! Get at me!)​
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

^ True 23ska, but people do not need 30 pairs of SB Dunks or to line up for the newest crap-colored Jordan retro because it's "limited", and yet they still do. Hell, I used to have every color of every Kobe and Jordan shoe made in the past 9 years ( you know this Mike ), but what the hell am I going to do with all those shoes? You only need a few pair of shoes, it's not essential to anyone's life, as I stated previously.

Allow me to clarify if I wasn't clear before; shoe collecting, or the "game" as the kids like to call it, will die down eventually
4L8O15S16T23!42​

No, people don't need expensive shoes or dozens of shoes.

But they do need shoes. SHOES... just themselves... SHOES... are not going anywhere.

There is no need for a Beanie Baby. It didn't just die down and disappear because the hype was over. It was over because people woke up and realized they have a bunch of useless dolls laying around that they can do absolutely NOTHING with. Same with gigapets, Furbies, sports cards, etc.; there is no real need for these things.

Shoes? There will always be a need.

As long as we have feet, we'll need shoes.

That's the first point, and you can't say that about other novelty items.

Shoes themselves are not novelty items, so for that reason, they're in a different category than the other trendy stuff.

Once it's understood that shoes will always be around, it's a little easier to comprehend that expensive shoes and shoe collectors will also always be around.
SELL ME NEON AM360/AM95 HYBRIDS, SZ. 11/11.5! (YES, this is current! NO, I dont have them! Get at me!)​
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

2 things to add:
1. @#%$?
2. Please Nike make these the best performing shoe of it's year/season, otherwise no one will wear it outside of SoCal, not even just to the gym. Until it hits the outlets or clearance, for the LOW!
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
-Gandhi-

i bet they will be really really light.

I wonder if there will be some

Lights
Strengths
Ultimates
Minors
So on...
TEAMMLLH​
More Love; Less Hate
You know my Real Name's Trip by now, don't you?

no ankle strap, thank the Lord. I like the fact that they're ugly. As long as they're in black. Ugly black shoes. I'm a sucker for 'em.

There's some long discussion going on that I'm not really read up on, but cars and shoes share some superficial similarities, (just like any other consumer products), but the fact that the cost is different makes a HUGE difference. You don't have people buying up dozens of beemers from the dealership hoping to resell them for profit. And how many people do you know collect cars? I know maybe 3. How many do you know collect shoes? Everyone on this board.

I'm not sure what the argument is, but if it's about the popularity of trendy, limited shoes, I do think certain things will start to dry up. For example, companies like bape and greedy genius will gradually die out as it slowly becomes uncool to rock neon green and plaid orange shoes (the fact that those type of companies that charge $200 for a pair of variant AF1's even exist is a testament to our society's incredible idiocy). Those ARE fads.

Also I think the popularity of some old models like am95's will drop back down again (I feel like this has already started happening). A couple years ago, it seemed like only hardcore nikeheads cared that much about airmax's, but then recently am90's and 95's seemed to blow up, and I just feel like the steam behind those can't carry them as far as, say forces and dunks, which are like superstars or chucks: timeless classics.

Jays will go strong as long there are people who remember Michael, so those are in no danger, as the sales numbers clearly show, but even Jordans are slowing down (from INSTANT SELL-OUT, remember the 12's and 13's) to actually being on the shelves for a while (14's), and resale is barely over retail for the more recent retros, way under even for the weirder colors. There's no danger of that cash cow drying up, but the frenzy just isn't there anymore.

oh yeah, I forgot, the Kobes. I like them, ugly/crazy looking like the old Foamposites, the Flightposite line, the Bron IV, guaranteed to perform hard, and just waiting for the outlet shelves. Thank you Nike.
turn the music up
turn me down

i don't hate them. not feeling them all that much but i think the grey/carolina blue ones are going to look great.

I actually held the sample of these last week. The first thing that got me was how light these things are. Granted, i was holding a size 9, but damn, that factor alone makes me sold on these.
Latest Pickups: Air Jordan III Retro (wht/fire red - cement grey), Air Jordan I Retro (blk/met silv - var red), Nike Zoom Kobe II (blk/blk - var maize), Vandal Hi Leather (wht/var red - team red), Nike Air Force 1 Premium - "Scarface" (wht/blk - var red), Nike Air Max 90 Leather (blk/wht)

wow...i'm sorry, i learned to love the kobe II, but these are just downright ugly.
even the ones above my post, a great color combo, just look bad...
Team Philippines
Member #23

so any further details? hopefully the black-maize colorway has more maize..............and hopefully they drop earlier then march/april
TeamLakersLoyalty is a beautiful thing
teamautobot​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Quote:
(the fact that those type of companies that charge $200 for a pair of variant AF1's even exist is a testament to our society's incredible idiocy).

Greatest thing I've read all-day, thanks Flash.

Back to the Kobe IIIs, I have high hopes for these shoes. I haven't liked any Nike Kobe shoe until I actually put them on my feet. I just wish they come out with a colorway similiar to the first Zoom Kobe I colorway white/black/red.

this shoe will be on every ones list i promise that!!! just the unique, creative design will sell its self. i promise you.
they always make mass production on shoes but they will sell.
IMAGINE THIS SHOE ON AND ON THE COURT. YOUR MIND WILL BUY EM... FOOD FOR THOUGHT. LOL
NIKE Talking Since
'94

Back
Top Bottom