Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

No one said they're happy about it but are you happy about nike not giving us sh*t? I saw one person hit on the gigis in the IV thread. One guy went 0/24 on them asking all his F&F to enter for him. All of my plugs didn't hit either.

Nah if I miss out I move on, there ain’t a pair of kicks in the world I’d be desperate enough to cop fakes of

Let people cop what they want

I get it from both sides. I don’t even play ball anymore and got rid of my Kobe’s instead of letting them rot in the closet like all my Jordan’s. I think wearing Kobe’s outside a basketball gym is ugly and corny but that’s just me

But I’d this was back in the day when I was playing ball everyday and had every 4, 5, 6 like I did and wasn’t able to? If the reps were amazing like they say, my broke *** woulda copped too

These Kobe’s not worth a dime over retail, let people who wanna wear them, get them. Not worth paying $400-500 for a pair of shoes to ruin in pick up or rec league and go to waste.

Idiotic but if you got it like that, more power to you

Gonna do some light kung fu in the front yard.

IMG_4836.jpeg

Say a McDonalds closes at 11PM. A manager and employee stick around after locking up and cook another batch of fries at 11:30.

Are those fries 'reps?'

I think the terms 'rep' & 'replica' are very misleading...the ones I've seen firsthand are lightyears away from what I used to see just a couple years ago.

I always assumed if knockoff sneakers caught up quality-wise w the legit ones, Nike and others would squash it.

Now I realize they can't...because the only real way to stop it would be to make more pairs and meet demand. If they did that...it would diminish 'hype.'

Say a McDonalds closes at 11PM. A manager and employee stick around after locking up and cook another batch of fries at 11:30.

Are those fries 'reps?'

I think the terms 'rep' & 'replica' are very misleading...the ones I've seen firsthand are lightyears away from what I used to see just a couple years ago.
That’s not what happens. This has been covered ad nauseam over many years here. Let’s not do it again.

I would never buy jordan 1 reps or anything like that

But Nike not giving us kobe 4/5/6 and me wanting to try those from a performance standpoint on court to compare to other models, yeah I’m considering a rep.

Here y’all can go buy all the Cobe’s you want

https://www.reddit.com/r/REPSNEAKERBST/

I would never buy jordan 1 reps or anything like that

But Nike not giving us kobe 4/5/6 and me wanting to try those from a performance standpoint on court to compare to other models, yeah I’m considering a rep.

Here you go big guy. You can do your rep review with the other NTers there too, we don’t need it here. French fries and all

I have a hobby playing basketball and I enjoy trying different shoes and technology. Cushlon, zoom, stroebel, going back to flyknit, Hyperdunk lows, whatever. So you have an issue with those serious players only Kobe 9 type model as well?

I have a rotation now of aj36 mid and low, KD 15, Bron NXXT, Tatum 1.

Here you go big guy. You can do your rep review with the other NTers there too, we don’t need it here. French fries and all

I have a hobby playing basketball and I enjoy trying different shoes and technology. Cushlon, zoom, stroebel, going back to flyknit, Hyperdunk lows, whatever. So you have an issue with those serious players only Kobe 9 type model as well?

I have a rotation now of aj36 mid and low, KD 15, Bron NXXT, Tatum 1.

I don’t care if you wear crocs while playing ball, nobody here does. But this isn’t the “Replica Kobe V Review and Discussion Thread”. Just like any other thread on NikeTalk nobody wants to hear 3-4 people justifying buying fakes because they don’t want to muster up the money for a real pair. There are countless options for hooping shoes out there but if the few of y’all feel desperate enough to buy fakes then more power to you, just keep it off here. I’m sure Meth feels the same way regarding discussing fakes

Anyways let’s get the thread back on track. Here’s some samples I acquired over the years:

Left to right:

1. Big Stage sample. Was actually just a left show a fellow collector gave me. No differences from release pair just had sample tags

2. Burnt Orange TB sample. Think it’s the same as the regular Burnt Orange TB just sample tagged

3. NCAA Women’s final 4 sample. There was a men’s and women’s, same shoe just different insoles.

4. Wolf grey/red wear test sample. Was told it was a 1/1 but who knows, had some writing on the soles

5/6. Inspector Gadgets, pretty self explanatory

7. Candace Dupree WNBA PE. The metallic orange with the black soles was :pimp:

I’ve got a blackout sample somewhere I’ll try to find pics of

2E7455B4-120F-4F60-BA6C-4840010A90BB.jpeg

Authenticity is determined by the parameters set by Nike.

If you wanna buy a great fake, do that. You're not gonna win some intellectual prize by justifying that on niketalk. Give it a rest or take that goofy talk to reddit.
Guilty as charged. IMO...The situation with this line is a total debacle, and it's due to people attempting to profiteer off a tragedy.

I've been looking for any and every reason to justify buying reps. I kinda feel that my buying Kobes at outrageous resale prices contributes to the debacle. I feel that Nike deserves to be called out. Hard as it to practice, I'm also guilty of looking for reasons to not throw $ Nike's way. I don't want to reward them.

Given the current situation, along with the quality of reps I've now seen first hand compared to what I've seen in the past... I guess I view buying reps as the lesser evil (an argument an be made they are trying to profit from this too).

If others feel, or have done different....to each their own. If others feel my talk regarding any aspect of this stuff is goofy...sorry about that. I didn't know it was that triggering or offensive to some...my apologies.

I feel like a dunce. Given the fanatical amount time and money I've spent this past decade and half buying, trading, and playing in Kobes...it should be easy for me to spot a fake Kobe, and yet I no longer can (even though some on here seemingly can.)

Bert. Bert. basically nailed it

There’s a couple different sneakerheads here.
Some of us play ball (and maybe wear size 12-14 where protros will cost a rack)

Others are this guy, don’t hoop, and wear a 8.
1683479515130.gif

Even the hoopers wouldn’t even consider reps if it wasn’t for the fact that they’re allegedly on par (or even better) than retails. But Nike decided they wanted to go this route at the end of the day.

^ size 11.5 here, a b* to find and really expensive.

i really wanted to play in kobe's because they're perfect for my feet and game. that's ALL i wore (exception of outdoor kicks) since the kobe 4's came out. personally i'm at peace and ready to move on from the line if things don't get better this year. i'll still "try" to get new releases but won't be upset if i dont hit. i won't pay more than $100 more than retail to cop shoes, that's my limit now.

nike has taken away my ability to buy kobe's and now it seems like NBY is disappearing (but i hope not). zoom is the last thing keeping me on board so let's see how long it is until this woke company gets rid of that. i'll have to move onto adidastalk or somethin :lol:

Guilty as charged. IMO...The situation with this line is a total debacle, and it's due to people attempting to profiteer off a tragedy.

I've been looking for any and every reason to justify buying reps. I kinda feel that my buying Kobes at outrageous resale prices contributes to the debacle. I feel that Nike deserves to be called out. Hard as it to practice, I'm also guilty of looking for reasons to not throw $ Nike's way. I don't want to reward them.

Given the current situation, along with the quality of reps I've now seen first hand compared to what I've seen in the past... I guess I view buying reps as the lesser evil (an argument an be made they are trying to profit from this too).

If others feel, or have done different....to each their own. If others feel my talk regarding any aspect of this stuff is goofy...sorry about that. I didn't know it was that triggering or offensive to some...my apologies.

I feel like a dunce. Given the fanatical amount time and money I've spent this past decade and half buying, trading, and playing in Kobes...it should be easy for me to spot a fake Kobe, and yet I no longer can (even though some on here seemingly can.)
Right. And seeing Kobe’s still flooded through the NBA is wack too.

And Ja wore non authentic pairs during a game. I am not justifying anything. Its a performance shoe. Not a lifestyle shoe. It’s not a jordan 1 with a diff colored leather panel that makes them $1,000+.

Until I can get a Kobe V or VI tech set up in another Nike shoe, I’ll keep looking for options where I can. People call the 6’s one of the greatest of all time on court shoes. Having tried countless on court basketball shoes, I want to try them to compare. That’s my curiosity, not justification.

Back
Top Bottom