Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Broke these out today. Hope the breaking 2 colourway becomes available in Canada...

Attachments

• D4BE1C80-2513-426F-BF50-3A1D1FA716EC.jpeg
    D4BE1C80-2513-426F-BF50-3A1D1FA716EC.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 27
My SP's feel softer than my regular Zoom Fly's. I assumed it was my imagination but after several rides back and forth I"m sure of it. Must be an isolated manufacturing issue...

For my VF 4% owners, need some cleaning tips.

Did a 1/2 marathon this weekend in the rain and my VF's were completely soaked, along with a lot of dirt and sand from the roads. Do you guys think it's a simple clean with soap and water (or Jason Markk) and let air dry? Or should I take the flyknit approach and place each shoe in an individual pillow sheet and throw it in the washer? cold water and delicate cycle?

dang, did ndc hold a promotion recently or something?

my size range of breaking2s just suddenly disappeared when i was checking the other day

my fault for being lazy and not getting to a store to find out my size, though (or i probably should've just ordered multiple sizes)

Believe the recent promo applied to sale only. Ndc seems to be the only place that had stock and just selling out. Tried using coupons earlier and they were excluded too

For my VF 4% owners, need some cleaning tips.

Did a 1/2 marathon this weekend in the rain and my VF's were completely soaked, along with a lot of dirt and sand from the roads. Do you guys think it's a simple clean with soap and water (or Jason Markk) and let air dry? Or should I take the flyknit approach and place each shoe in an individual pillow sheet and throw it in the washer? cold water and delicate cycle?

You could really do either. I got my Ice Blue's really dirty during a long run once and ended up rinsing them with hot water and then cleaning with Jason Markk. Let them sit outside in the sun to dry and you should be set.

Question about the Zoom Fly sizing -
Currently running in Pegasus for outdoor and Vapormax for the treadmill, both size 12.
I'm a 12 in Air Max and most other Nike. Bought a pair of the Zoom Fly SPs but they fit a bit snug so I returned them, im looking to get a pair of the regular version Zoom Fly, do these run snug like the SP?
Word is to get a 0.5 size up with these?

You could really do either. I got my Ice Blue's really dirty during a long run once and ended up rinsing them with hot water and then cleaning with Jason Markk. Let them sit outside in the sun to dry and you should be set.

IIRC, the insole can't be pulled out, correct? i thought i read in here that it was glued on pretty heavily.

Think I may just end up going the JM route.

another thing to note, seen breaking2s pop up at couple nike running stores the past couple weeks that werent originally supposed to receive them. maybe ndc shipping out stock to stores to try and move them?

another thing to note, seen breaking2s pop up at couple nike running stores the past couple weeks that werent originally supposed to receive them. maybe ndc shipping out stock to stores to try and move them?
Yeah good question. All of the middle sizes gone now off NDC. Was hoping for a discount.

Currently running in Pegasus for outdoor and Vapormax for the treadmill, both size 12.
I'm a 12 in Air Max and most other Nike. Bought a pair of the Zoom Fly SPs but they fit a bit snug so I returned them, im looking to get a pair of the regular version Zoom Fly, do these run snug like the SP?

I haven’t tried on the SPs, but, in the regular ZFs, I go +1/2 up.

I haven’t tried on the SPs, but, in the regular ZFs, I go +1/2 up.

I would give a half size up a shot.

I’m currently running in a pair of Zoom Fly’s and Vapor Fly 4%. There are times, I wish I had that extra bit of room so that my toes don’t hit the wall of the shoe.

Normally, I wear size 11 in Jordan’s & UBS.

My SP's feel softer than my regular Zoom Fly's. I assumed it was my imagination but after several rides back and forth I"m sure of it. Must be an isolated manufacturing issue...

Yes, I have several Zoom Flys and several SPs... and there's no consistency to their softness. For what it's worth, the ones I got from Nike are softer - I can only imagine from being closer to date of manufacture, than some of the older color ways I got that may have been sitting in a cold warehouse somewhere for a long time.

Same goes with Pegasus 34s ... I purchased 3 at the same time and had to return one because it simply didn't have the softness of the other two.

Whenever I get time, I now try to buy at least 2 in one size and send the least soft one back. Sometimes it's just a placebo, some times the difference is telling. It's extra effort, but I'm putting in a lot of miles in each so the difference in comfort really helps.

Last edited:

Here's my take on sizing for Zoom Fly ... Zoom Fly SP ... Vaporfly 4% and Vapor Street

I'm normally 11.5 in Nike (e.g. Roshe ... Pegasus etc.) and regular shoes. I've tried all of the below in 11, 11.5 and 12 (at least 20 miles across 3-4 runs in each except the VS of course) and here's what I ended up keeping:

Zoom Fly = true to size (11.5)
Zoom Fly SP = half size up (12)
Vaporfly 4% = half size down (11)
Vapor Street = true to size (11.5)

In case you're a runner, I rotate between the above and run average 10K (6 miles) per day. The Vaporfly 4% I save for race or fast / speed days though. And Vapor Street for casual day wear.

EDIT: I forgot to add. If you're running, socks may affect the sizing you'll be comfortable in. With trial and error, I've found that on the Zoom Fly (size 11) a pair of Nike Elite Lightweight running socks wear better (provide more room around the toes), and in the Zoom Fly SP (size 11.5) I wear Nike Elite Cushioned (to make them a little more snug). I don't know why the ZF and ZF SP has this inconsistency, but this sock combination has worked out perfect for me. So next time try wearing different socks to see how they affect your snugness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom