Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

i guess this is probably one of the best places to ask since its probably the most active running thread but what do you guys do with your phone when you run?

phones just keeps getting bigger and bigger and just an annoyance to hold these days and if i do more than jog, the phone falls off my pocket but its also getting harder and harder to find running shorts with zippers

i have one of those arm straps but again with how big phones are these days its just an annoyance and i just can get used to having something straps on my upper arm

to those with an apple watch with cellular, is it pretty reliable to leave your phone in the car and just use that? i stopped using my apple watch (no cellular) with the nike run app because it kept bugging out

i think ive covered all the options really outside of those shorts with a pocket in the liner and you can put your phone inside but i am curious what yall do?

1572989943586.png
I've tried several different belts/straps with mixed results. I personally gave up and run without now but if I absolutely have to, will use the one pictured below that I picked up on Amazon. The worst by far is the Nike waistpack as it just bounces all over the place with larger phones. I've used both with everything from an iPhone Plus to an Pixel 3 XL and Note 10.
SmartSelect_20191105-163804_Amazon Shopping.jpg

i guess this is probably one of the best places to ask since its probably the most active running thread but what do you guys do with your phone when you run?

phones just keeps getting bigger and bigger and just an annoyance to hold these days and if i do more than jog, the phone falls off my pocket but its also getting harder and harder to find running shorts with zippers

i have one of those arm straps but again with how big phones are these days its just an annoyance and i just can get used to having something straps on my upper arm

to those with an apple watch with cellular, is it pretty reliable to leave your phone in the car and just use that? i stopped using my apple watch (no cellular) with the nike run app because it kept bugging out

i think ive covered all the options really outside of those shorts with a pocket in the liner and you can put your phone inside but i am curious what yall do?

I usually don’t bring my phone on runs but when I do I use a flip belt. Also the pair of cep compression shorts I own has pockets big enough for the XS Max. I stored 6 gels in them when I ran Berlin in September.

I own several pairs of Nike running shorts w/ zippered pocket above the right side of thee butt cheek.

it’s where I place my phone, along w/ a gel pack every now and then.

Nike Flex shorts were mentioned - I have a couple pairs that fit my iPhone 8 but nothing bigger than that. Running warehouse has a list of shorts that fit phones, but $ for $ you should checkout pathprojects.com - some of their shorts can fit probably all phones as well as gels, etc, and they are relatively cheap for what you’re getting. Great reviews too.

I've tried several different belts/straps with mixed results. I personally gave up and run without now but if I absolutely have to, will use the one pictured below that I picked up on Amazon. The worst by far is the Nike waistpack as it just bounces all over the place with larger phones. I've used both with everything from an iPhone Plus to an Pixel 3 XL and Note 10.
SmartSelect_20191105-163804_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have the Nike version youre speaking off and the netting did have too much stretch that anything you put inside just bounces all over the place

I leave it at home.

when I used to just run around my neighborhood, I would do the same but that’s just gotten too boring so I had to change it up

Nike Flex shorts were mentioned - I have a couple pairs that fit my iPhone 8 but nothing bigger than that. Running warehouse has a list of shorts that fit phones, but $ for $ you should checkout pathprojects.com - some of their shorts can fit probably all phones as well as gels, etc, and they are relatively cheap for what you’re getting. Great reviews too.

thanks for the tip, I’ll check it out

are there any Nike shorts/pants (or any brands really) that utilize the back waist pocket for phones? Nike usually has those but it’s to put a sweater or shirts there when it gets hot or something

i see a few people running in the park with camelbak, gon try and converse with some of them regarding it, I assume it’s for trail run training of sorts but some probably bring it for hydration for long distance running?

1572989943586.png

I recently picked up the Garmin 245 Music. I haven’t used it extensively yet but it seems to have everything you could need including accuracy of a Garmin, training metrics, and ability to store synced music and podcasts from Spotify.

I couldn’t imagine running regularly with an iPhone.

Does anyone know when the next Next% colorway drops?
Do we know if there is another colorway? I imagine if there was another one in the works, we'd have seen some leaks by now. The only other colour I've seen was white and I think that wasn't going to be publicly released.

I do remember someone saying there would be 3 colorways though, so who knows.

1572989943586.png
The handheld plus phone case is another option but it’s rare online

349853A4-C99C-4FBF-AF47-3A14852B7762.jpeg

6B510BBE-4CE3-4D9C-A67F-42AD5D10CFD7.jpeg

Last edited:

1572989943586.png
Honestly... trade in your old Apple Watch and Im sure your carrier will give you a credit for it...finance a new Apple Watch...add the cellular...and all your problems will be solved...I was the King of shorts, tights, and pants that had to have a pocket big enough for the phone...so I can 100% help you there....but ever sense I upgraded to the 4 with cell....it’s been awesome...playlist and music auto sync...nrc runs auto sync...and if you run with ear pods or beats it’s auto connect with bluetooth so you can get calls as well as txs on the road....

i get charged an extra $10 per month....makes me wonder why in the hell I didn’t do this sooner....

I’ve been using the FlipBelt Zipper for awhile now(5+ months) and used last month during the Chicago Marathon. It’s been really useful as it can hold items(IPhone, gels, has a key hook, cards/ID, etc.) all around the the waist without it bouncing with each stride. Having my phone or gel placed in different slits/area of the belt is clutch to have knowing I don’t have to slow down or dig through a single pouch full of everything. Pretty durable too as I’ll throw it in the wash after run and it’s like brand new. Id buy from Amazon as you can get quick shipping/return if you’re not satisfied with it.

Also it may seem like you’re wearing a waist trainer/wrap but after a few miles or runs, you’ll probably won’t even notice you’re wearing the flipbelt.

Last edited:
^ ^ ^
I might check that out, thanks, it looks better than the nike version

Honestly... trade in your old Apple Watch and Im sure your carrier will give you a credit for it...finance a new Apple Watch...add the cellular...and all your problems will be solved...I was the King of shorts, tights, and pants that had to have a pocket big enough for the phone...so I can 100% help you there....but ever sense I upgraded to the 4 with cell....it’s been awesome...playlist and music auto sync...nrc runs auto sync...and if you run with ear pods or beats it’s auto connect with bluetooth so you can get calls as well as txs on the road....

i get charged an extra $10 per month....makes me wonder why in the hell I didn’t do this sooner....

yah really considering that so I can just leave the phone on the car, really just too cheap to pay an extra $10 a mon :lol:

plus nrc doesnt work too well with my current apple watch so i was also curious if its gotten better

got the AirPod pro on order too since Ive been very happy with the

could do more options but its getting better, now throw some of those options for the VF

1573058508429.png

1573058613356.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom