Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

running the florida is definitely bucket list including the DL Paris run

do you know why they are only doing halfs at wdw now? they use to do full marathons

i think the only thing i am not willing to pay for are virtual runs, its pretty much paying for the medal without earning it since you can just claim you ran it

1574092581471.png

I ran a half a few weeks ago and was amazed that there were people running a 2:45 half wearing the Next%. But hey, to each their own - a half is a half - whatever helps you get to the finish line is a good thing!

What does this mean? Amazed how? Is that time too slow to run in the Next%? :nerd:

DL Paris is on my bucket list also.

I think the only FM by Disney is the Disney World themed one. Maybe there aren’t many FM registrants for them to consider the distance for other themed races? I don’t mind the HM being the main event at all.

I’d never pay to run a virtual race for a medal either. Running through Disney parks / landmarks / famed locations makes the experience worth it!

Last edited:
What does this mean? Amazed how? Is that time too slow to run in the Next%? :nerd:

What I'm saying is that the shoe has next to zero support and that from my observation, a lot of runners who don't run faster than 8:00 miles and are wearing the VaporFly are either severely pronating or supinating - it's the wrong shoe for them. There's no pace that's "too slow", but there IS the "wrong shoe" for people. I should have been more clear in my post.

I’d never pay to run a virtual race for a medal either. Running through Disney parks / landmarks / famed locations makes the experience worth it!

running with like minded people who just have fun doing it and are all in is also great

The VFNs the athlete is wearing is DOPE! I’m loving the alternating colorblocking, ESP on the anterior outsole portion. I loved that it’s colored and not Black.

HOWEVER, the VFNs in the stock NDC photo have a Black outsole. I really hope the ones that the athlete is wearing gets released. Also what’s the model in the middle?

5781E715-998D-4165-912E-2659A4F5EEC4.jpeg

The VFNs the athlete is wearing is DOPE! I’m loving the alternating colorblocking, ESP on the anterior outsole portion. I loved that it’s colored and not Black.

HOWEVER, the VFNs in the stock NDC photo have a Black outsole. I really hope the ones that the athlete is wearing gets released. Also what’s the model in the middle?

5781E715-998D-4165-912E-2659A4F5EEC4.jpeg

A Zoom Elite replacement? Hopefully...

Looking at the Zoom Rival Fly specs, they look to have the same Zoom set-up as the Elites.

The midsole and upper both look very similar to the Elite 9/10. The recent version of the Rival was also similar, with a different upper and lower price. Then they dropped the price of the Elite 10 to $90 (definitely felt cheaper than the Elite 9). Looks like the Rival or the rumored-slightly-stripped-down version of the Pegasus may be the replacement.

For running, I’d stick with the Vapor Weave upper. I have a pair of the VF Next By You with the FK upper and they don’t have the same lockdown. The heel is more flexible which was my draw as I have achilles issues; however now that my achilles is healed I prefer the Vapor Weave.

Back
Top Bottom