Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

^ performance aside, I don’t get how some of these companies don’t understand that the shoe has to look fast also to get some of the general public to buy it.

ask asics, saucony, brooks, etc... along the way

there is a reason why these brands were in trouble once nike started taking their running division more seriously

they started with the flyknit racer/trainers and the rest is history

ask asics, saucony, brooks, etc... along the way

there is a reason why these brands were in trouble once nike started taking their running division more seriously

they started with the flyknit racer/trainers and the rest is history

I jumped onboard with the OG lunaracers (grey upper and green midsole) and the OG lunarglide trainers (black upper and orange midsole).

from the nike commercial... could be subtle marketing / fabricated but interesting to see the possible list of what Kipchoge actually trains in...

IMG_0243.jpg

yea true, but no peg turbo or zoom fly? ... or tempo next% for that matter? is only a month's snapshot suppose, expect he likely tests other shoes as well.

he has access to a unlimited amount of pairs of the Next % and Alphafly. much easier on the legs for recovery on speed days not to wear the trainer companion version imo. they got plenty of ppl to test the shoes (there's a couple people just in my run club here in nyc who's apart of nike testing).

yea true, but no peg turbo or zoom fly? ... or tempo next% for that matter? is only a month's snapshot suppose, expect he likely tests other shoes as well.

He gets around 500 miles out of Vaporfly so no need for him to downgrade to the Zoomfly for durability + He was testing the Alphafly before the Original Turbo came out in the same upper as the turbo.
1593429032137.png

Last edited:
he has access to a unlimited amount of pairs of the Next % and Alphafly. much easier on the legs for recovery on speed days not to wear the trainer companion version imo. they got plenty of ppl to test the shoes (there's a couple people just in my run club here in nyc who's apart of nike testing).

ya great point, since that zoom x is easier on the legs there's really no point in switching it up to react version if there's an unlimited supply and cost isn't an issue.

Are you guys in the States still getting the Alphafly / Tempo next% on the 2nd? No further news in the UK, hoping for the tempo release :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Pretty sure I've seen Kipchoge training in OG Turbos, but that would have been 2-3 years ago.
Are you guys in the States still getting the Alphafly / Tempo next% on the 2nd? No further news in the UK, hoping for the tempo release :emoji_fingers_crossed:
Alphafly, yes. Tempo...unclear; conflicting info.

I just had online chat with RW. They said they should be getting the Tempo in October. So this week is only Alphafly releasing.

Back
Top Bottom