Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

In Seattle for work -- called the Nike Running store at UW and they had size 10s in stock, but not 11s.
Called Fleet Feet Seattle - they don't have any but pointed me online ... they had size 11 ! Ordered and hopefully shipping soon.

I think a lot of people who aren't so fast. Like 8 mins a mile speed or something will just automatically run a lot faster just from being hyped to be in this shoe if that makes any sense

So I think we will see a lot of bias/weirdly good reviews coming up

Like that review up there that was posted I was all for and then I read how fast he was running and kind of had to take everything he said with a grain of salt. Not that it discredits what he said or anything . But ya know may just be a little excited after one run

it really depends on who you listen to really, I know a few here who actually runs and tracks their runs so if there is a change in their runs, then that is more credible than those who just run casually

in the end, it tends to taper down though, if it makes someone feel like running faster and actually makes them from sheer excitement, then that placebo effect might be worth it but in the long run it's whether they can keep that pace

running faster even if it's the effect of the shoe will still get you more tired and it'll be more evident if you're not an vid or fast runner and hopefully the statements made reflects those, so far based on the Zoom Fly quick reviews in here, they have admitted it was the first run or the second or after a weeks worth of runs so you just have to pick and choose what to believe in terms of reviews

I wish there were more reviewers on YT for running shoes like there are for BBall, I like hearing opinions and the more variation of running type/styles, the better

nice, I was finally able to order a pair. And I like the Bluefox color more. Cant wait to at least try them on. Im not sure if it will actually be worth it for me to keep them though.

Pulled the trigger on the blue fox 4%.
IMG_8862.GIF

PS...I’m Excited!

Just tried on my NDC pair and they're too big width wise at TTS size 10. I need a half size down to size 9.5. I have normal width feet btw.

Am usually US10 to allow for expansion for long runs, 9.5 VF4% fits better even for my "widish" feet. Fine with 10 on the ZF.

I'm guessing you paid through PayPal. I called them up because I was having the same issue and they said the PayPal order department left for the day but it's in the queue. Will receive the confirmation sometime tomorrow.

yes, I did. Thats good to know, thanks for sharing. The last screen I got to said my order was being reveiwed, so that makes sense.

Thanks for the tip! I ordered a size 11 - still in stock in the Blue Fox!
So I've got both colors coming - probably RW will get there sooner. I'll likely keep that one as I have the ice blue Zoom Fly -- but hell, if it is a true racing flat that's only good for 5-6 marathons maybe I'll keep both.

re: the reviews after only 5-8 miles - yeah, that sucks, but what are you gonna do? The problem for most people is either
a) they think that the life of these is probably in the 100-150 mile range for durability, or
b) they don't adhere to rigorous training loads anyway

I'm in week 14 of my marathon training plan, and I've always been planning to wear the Vaporfly for my #breaking3 attempt on September 2. As such, I'm planning to take the Vaporfly 4% out for either a 10-mile tempo run at 6:45-6:50/mi pace, or a 16-mile long run around a 7:10 pace. I'll report back on my findings, probably on Sunday.

Pulled the trigger on the blue fox. Excited!!!
sizes pretty much gone. weird, I havnt gotten an email confirmation yet though.
I paid w PayPal on RW and was immediately redirected to PayPal and got confirmation. Size 13 (if that helps)

Nice review Sean!
The video of the crumpling effect of that foam (especially the heel!) was fascinating.

I think a lot of people who aren't so fast. Like 8 mins a mile speed or something will just automatically run a lot faster just from being hyped to be in this shoe if that makes any sense

So I think we will see a lot of bias/weirdly good reviews coming up

Like that review up there that was posted I was all for and then I read how fast he was running and kind of had to take everything he said with a grain of salt. Not that it discredits what he said or anything . But ya know may just be a little excited after one run

it really depends on who you listen to really, I know a few here who actually runs and tracks their runs so if there is a change in their runs, then that is more credible than those who just run casually

in the end, it tends to taper down though, if it makes someone feel like running faster and actually makes them from sheer excitement, then that placebo effect might be worth it but in the long run it's whether they can keep that pace

running faster even if it's the effect of the shoe will still get you more tired and it'll be more evident if you're not an vid or fast runner and hopefully the statements made reflects those, so far based on the Zoom Fly quick reviews in here, they have admitted it was the first run or the second or after a weeks worth of runs so you just have to pick and choose what to believe in terms of reviews

I wish there were more reviewers on YT for running shoes like there are for BBall, I like hearing opinions and the more variation of running type/styles, the better

So I know that at least for me, the Zoom Fly performed alright after one run, but I really could only give it one run; Lunar foam just loves to **** with my left knee thanks to my history of left knee injuries. Regardless, it did give me the sensation to go faster. That should be credited to the fact that it has a carbon-infused nylon plate that rocked me in a forward motion at all times, and it's also because it's planted a placebo effect... but it worked either way.

There are people here who may have seen my VaporMax review from that thread where I mentioned that I was planning to get the Vaporfly 4% to try out and go run in, but it will likely NOT be the case. Not that it has to do with foam (trust me, I really REALLY want to try it out), but it has to do with my purpose of running. Yeah, that review in RoadTrailRun said that the shoe's definitely open for just serious recreational runners, but I don't know how the shoe will really apply to me. Yes, I do take running seriously in terms of my daily exercise and healthy lifestyle rotation... but I don't run or train for races. I naturally strike between heel and midfoot. I go at 8:45/mile or so (sometimes faster, sometimes slower). I've only done two in the past (a 5K @ 8:11/mile in 2016 and a half-marathon at 11:something/mile back in 2014) that were fun, but I don't see myself doing another one. So to feed off of what RFX45 and Suchafraud23 stated, I don't know if it's worth buying to run in at least for my purpose.

Tell you what though; despite all of what I said up in the paragraph above, I'll never say never...

I paid w PayPal on RW and was immediately redirected to PayPal and got confirmation. Size 13 (if that helps)

RW confirmation or just paypal? If my order didnt end up going all the way through then oh well. Guess the hunt continues.

PayPal and RW confirmation always follow each other in my experience, within one minute to be exact.

upset i missed out on that blue fox release from RW.

i got my ice blue's in from RW and havent had a moment to try them on but the comments in here have me contemplating. Hope it works out, otherwise just wait on a restock from RW

My 13's came in from RW and they are just a bit too long and def. fit longer than my ZF's.

I think I'm going to wait on a 12.5 as I LOVE how the ZF's have helped my knees during long runs (I think they're forcing me to land more on my midfoot, as opposed to being a heel striker), so I have high hopes that a properly fit pair of Vaporfly's will help even more.

Has anyone ran sprints in their ZF's? I know its meant for long distance but I got a workout coming up at lunch and forgot my other shoes :/

Has anyone ran sprints in their ZF's? I know its meant for long distance but I got a workout coming up at lunch and forgot my other shoes :/
I'm not a sprinter so take my advice with a grain of salt, but knowing the heel shape and tapered design of the sole, I'd be cautious, especially thinking about your heel lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom