Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

honestly with the middle class shrinking and cost of living going up arent a good majority of us low income? I also dislike how people just assume that people on assistance and people who cant afford it waste their money on shoes. I see alot of low income people TRYING to live within there means by buying cheap practical shoes like chuck taylors k-swiss and such. maybe thats why a good majority of shoes are sitting because people are starting to get it and pick priorities. Im not tryna get at u i just hate how everyone starts talking about people on assistance or low income families gonna spend all there money on shoes when that is hardly the case. does it happen? yes but sometimes people make it seem like everyone that gets assistance or low income has nike on there mind. im 26 now and i remember my mom having a job and working hard and was able to buy me jordans and such but i also had family members who werent as lucky and were more concerned with their next meal not which shoe was coming out next
I didn't say EVERYONE...but I believe a good majority of the consumers are getting some sort of government assistance, I grew up around this to know that this is not fiction....I see it everyday with friends, with parking lots of public housing filled with 40k+ type of cars, dudes who rather drop 10k on a chain than move out of their rent controlled apartments, hell...same for kicks...let's complaint about the wealthy and how they are robbing "our" money....yet throw our money out the window...I mean, do you just don't be hipocrite about it....that's all I'm saying.

Some of you are such hypocrites.
$315 for LeBrons? "I'm done with Nike". $275 for Yeezys? "COPPED x2"
roll.gif
roll.gif
...Quit playin.
Speak for yourself. I haven't paid more than $100 for an athletics/sportswear shoe in my life. Some of us don't like to be exploited. 
o9Ba9.gif

Last edited:
honestly with the middle class shrinking and cost of living going up arent a good majority of us low income? I also dislike how people just assume that people on assistance and people who cant afford it waste their money on shoes. I see alot of low income people TRYING to live within there means by buying cheap practical shoes like chuck taylors k-swiss and such. maybe thats why a good majority of shoes are sitting because people are starting to get it and pick priorities. Im not tryna get at u i just hate how everyone starts talking about people on assistance or low income families gonna spend all there money on shoes when that is hardly the case. does it happen? yes but sometimes people make it seem like everyone that gets assistance or low income has nike on there mind. im 26 now and i remember my mom having a job and working hard and was able to buy me jordans and such but i also had family members who werent as lucky and were more concerned with their next meal not which shoe was coming out next

I didn't say EVERYONE...but I believe a good majority of the consumers are getting some sort of government assistance, I grew up around this to know that this is not fiction....I see it everyday with friends, with parking lots of public housing filled with 40k+ type of cars, dudes who rather drop 10k on a chain than move out of their rent controlled apartments, hell...same for kicks...let's complaint about the wealthy and how they are robbing "our" money....yet throw our money out the window...I mean, do you just don't be hipocrite about it....that's all I'm saying.
I see what ur saying BUT sometimes when i see people post things like people with ebt cards always buying jordans wasting the governments money and getting over and that kinda talk it just sounds like people arent educated on the matter. And it just sounds like they group everybody together. And i tend to disagree with u that a good majority of people abuse the system. I know alot of people do but i think its a minority compared the people who actually dont abuse it. Also its not just lower income families that abuse the system. Ive seen people in mercedes and range rovers hold up the line at the grocery store to pay for milk and cereal with their WIC vouchers. Again i aint tryna get at u or start an argument it just seems like people are wuick to think the wors about the less fortunate and think that they are always tryna get over. Idk if wht im tryna say is really coming across im typing on my phone and have a lot to say but kinda dont feel like typing but i hope u get my point

let me think......
for 10 years or
for 10 wears.

It won't happen overnight, but this is the beginning of people saying "F Nike" (and what they care about, the loss of market share).

Last edited:
let me think......
for 10 years or
for 10 wears.

It won't happen overnight, but this is the beginning of people saying "F Nike" (and what they care about, the loss of market share).
Does the botttom really light up like the old school la gear joints?

Nike raises prices to things they know they can juice...bastards smh lol

I cant even blame Nike they're what any great business would do. Dudes paying a ransom for Yeezy's, why not keep raising the prices for the products. I paid 330 for my Concords and thats the last time I'll spend that much on some sneakers. Nike can eat a ****.

Last edited:
Even though people will still buy because Nike has the premier athletes and best designs for athletic apparel/sneakers. Their sales dropped because of the ridiculous pricing. At the same time the time and effort Nike puts into makin' their creations should be noticed for the craftsmanship. Also the technology they put into the sneakers are incredible.

I see why Nike would up the price, in the end.

let me think......
for 10 years or
for 10 wears.

You're really comparing a pair of dress shoes that will be lightly walked in at best, to a pair of athletic sneakers designed to protect your foot and ankles from severe physical stresses? :smh:

Here is the problem...as many sneakerheads as there are, basketball shoes have to have some sort of limit to their appeal.

On top of that, there is also a limit to the appeal to LeBron's line of sneakers (for whatever reason it may be i.e. a person with a dislike for him)

On top of that,  how many people out there say to themselves "Man, I have to go out and buy LeBron's new shoe" ?

How many basketball fans really feel like they need the benefit of whatever technology is infused with the sneaker?

Then how many of those  people are willing/able to spend 300 dollars on  ONE pair?

Lastly, how many of those  people are actually going to cop a pair?

It appears to be a downhill process on the surface, but I guess there are enough people willing to make the climb to get a pair, considering Nike is confident they will make a significant profit from a $300 pair of sneakers.

LBJ's rep might take another hit for this. Talk about one step forward and two steps back. Glad I got out 5 years ago. A house is more important than shoes.

Im not buying. Thank goodness for the after-markets.
I only bought taxi elites cuz I found them on craigslist for $140.

Umm nooo keep that in my pocket not even Jordan's either no wonder the elites was still sitting for 250 imagine 315 with tax....DUSTTTT

Back
Top Bottom