Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

I've never seen more first-hand racism than on the internet. I swear by it. 
roll.gif

I've been saying this for a long time, Nike will stoop to conquer! I swear, when thirsty people line up and sleep on sidewalks for their shoes, it's fodder for those who love to generalize, then using purported stereotypical imagery in order to solidify their racist beliefs.

Should you buy and wear whatever you want? Of course!

But the question should be, am I wearing this, or is it wearing me?

Son, Some of those comments have me dying. :wow: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

People going HAM on that board. :lol: :smh:

I'm not surprised though, Some of those comments were going to get posted eventually. :smh:

They're fooling.

The most I've paid is 225+tax for the Duncans and that's because I've ALWAYS wanted them joints since they first came out.

But 315 + tax...for some LeBron's :lol: sorry Nike you've lost a customer.

I've never seen more first-hand racism than on the internet. I swear by it. 

This comment:
"And the same people we are told can't get any place to get a picture ID to vote will find a way to get themselves or their kids to a store to buy these. Can they pay for them with foodstamps? Are there stimulous funds being set aside to help welfare recipients pay for these?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some of the comments had me laughing as well, but alot of those are racist and on the backside of that, they are somewhat true. And that is the sad part about it....:frown::smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:
this is good news for me.. im sitting on a gold mine with all the shoes i didnt wear (doubles,etc)

just means im gonna ask for more money :evil:

Im done with Nike. This is ridiculous. No one is gonna buy em for that much...maybe a few spoiled "swag" sneakerhead type kids but thats it. :x

Those were well worth it. If they retro those for $300 with the exact same quality, I'd cop a few pairs.

See, thats the problem right there though. You're openly accepting and allowing Nike to over charge you for sneakers, and THEN saying you'd buy multiple pairs.

All Nike see's when you say that are $$$$'s
And what do you get at the end of the day? A closet full of the same shoes, hoarding them out of nostalgia, while Nike has run off with your hard earned dollars only to take advantage of you months later once again.

Its an addictive cycle that leaves you as the junkie. Nike has people with this mentality by the balls.

I admit, I buy sneakers as well, but not over retail, and even still at that point I would NEVER EVER EVER pay $300 retail for a SHOE. A great pair of dress shoes that will last me YEARS? Possibly. But even then, $300 is pushing it. But a pair of hyped up Nike's that will be deemed old and probably still "VNDS" by the time the next model drops? Nah, I'm good famb.

No sneaker is well worth that crazy amount of money.

That's what Nike gets. I can guarantee the $315 Lebron X + will sit. The current Hyperdunk + is sitting and that's $250.

That's what Nike gets. I can guarantee the $315 Lebron X + will sit. The current Hyperdunk + is sitting and that's $250.

It seems like people are missing the fact that the Lebron X+ will be $315 not the base model Lebron which will be $180 I believe. Articles have people believing that every Lebron will cost $315 when that's not the case. If people want to spend their money on the shoe though then let them do them. That's life.

the saddest party of this whole thing is that the market that WILL buy into this **** for the MOST PART is low income individuals, people on public assistance, pretty much people who cant really afford it, i got friends who scramble for ways to beat the system for child care, food, help with rent, yet throw on 1000$ shoes....truly disgusting man....as i was watching ESPN today and they mention this shoe, the look on the ESPN announcer's faces was priceless...these dudes had the "yeah ok, Lebron...." and just laughed....these dudes obviously can afford these with ease, yet they have their priorities in check....im guilty of over paying for shoes, but at the same toll, the government is not feeding me or paying my home.....yet at this rate, i cant see myself playing into this business anymore.

day of release these will sell out and resellers will smack a 250$ mark up on them.....now a days the ugliest of shoes with somewhat of a hype is impossible to get unless you drop extra on top of the already ridiculous pricetag.....shoes that in a time before all this madness were guaranteed to sit on shelves... :x

Last edited:
A new version of the Air Jordan is expected in December at $185, up from its original 1985 price of $64.99 (or $138.38 in today's dollars), a 33% increase when adjusted for inflation.
Um, no... The December $185 Jordan they're talking about is the XI, which both in 95 and 2001 cost $125. $125 in 95 would be $187 in today's dollars and in 2001 would be about $161 today. I will agree the $24 price hike from 2001 might be a bit crazy, but they can't just go and say the OG Is are the same shoe as the XIs cuz they're not...

Last edited:
I can probably name over 10 nike sneakers that released this year that are selling over $500 (with at least 3 of them being over 2k mark) on ebay. If I was nike I would be raising prices too. Especially on limited product. It's ridiculous what people are willing to pay.

the saddest party of this whole thing is that the market that WILL buy into this **** for the MOST PART is low income individuals, people on public assistance, pretty much people who cant really afford it, i got friends who scramble for ways to beat the system for child care, food, help with rent, yet throw on 1000$ shoes....truly disgusting man....as i was watching ESPN today and they mention this shoe, the look on the ESPN announcer's faces was priceless...these dudes had the "yeah ok, Lebron...." and just laughed....these dudes obviously can afford these with ease, yet they have their priorities in check....im guilty of over paying for shoes, but at the same toll, the government is not feeding me or paying my home.....yet at this rate, i cant see myself playing into this business anymore.

day of release these will sell out and resellers will smack a 250$ mark up on them.....now a days the ugliest of shoes with somewhat of a hype is impossible to get unless you drop extra on top of the already ridiculous pricetag.....shoes that in a time before all this madness were guaranteed to sit on shelves... :x

honestly with the middle class shrinking and cost of living going up arent a good majority of us low income? I also dislike how people just assume that people on assistance and people who cant afford it waste their money on shoes. I see alot of low income people TRYING to live within there means by buying cheap practical shoes like chuck taylors k-swiss and such. maybe thats why a good majority of shoes are sitting because people are starting to get it and pick priorities. Im not tryna get at u i just hate how everyone starts talking about people on assistance or low income families gonna spend all there money on shoes when that is hardly the case. does it happen? yes but sometimes people make it seem like everyone that gets assistance or low income has nike on there mind. im 26 now and i remember my mom having a job and working hard and was able to buy me jordans and such but i also had family members who werent as lucky and were more concerned with their next meal not which shoe was coming out next

Nike will probably price them at $250 after all of this brouhaha to make people think they're getting a bargain, then sell limited versions for $300+.

Back
Top Bottom