Nike's new RSVP process

A week ago numerous people were busy callings stupid for saying this was coming soon and that Nike isn't and won't take steps to even the playing field so their customers can get their products rather than resellers and scumbags trying to make money off their fellow sneakerhead.

This may not be a permanent solution but at least they're showing a commitment to improving their process and evaluating what works and what doesn't.

You called it weeks ago in the royal thread. Now it's a reality. Your right though. The hundreds of 1 second dm's were bound to catch some attention.

NTLA just tweeted it too. I figured it was going to be company side once Portland did it. But people here were saying its just Portland and accusing others of not being able to read

A week ago numerous people were busy callings stupid for saying this was coming soon and that Nike isn't and won't take steps to even the playing field so their customers can get their products rather than resellers and scumbags trying to make money off their fellow sneakerhead.

This may not be a permanent solution but at least they're showing a commitment to improving their process and evaluating what works and what doesn't.
Those were the people that had a vested interest in Nike keeping things the way they were.

Wow

Nike nipped this in the butt pretty quickly.

A lot of you made good paper off this.
But all good things come to an end.

Shout out to Chronos for leveling the playing field while it lasted. He won countless people RSVP's free of charge including me. Salute fam 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
"Nike, Inc, reserves the right to block/refuse sale to any user from participating in Twitter RSVP that Nike deems as being opted into programs that provide them an unfair advantage. Nike considers "unfair advantage" as any program/tool that allows consumers to automate their RSVP DM responses to a Nike store.

Resell or trade of Twitter RSVP confirmation is prohibited.
This opportunity is not a guarantee of your purchase of Nike product. If Nike terminates the Twitter RSVP process, Nike has the option to select potential winners in a random drawing among valid, non-suspect, eligible entries, or, as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Nike."

sayonara to the bots! At least for now. Finally have a shot at NTSF now.

Where's MEMPHIS at doh :nerd:

Last edited:
Man I don't have time to watch Twitter all day...smh...it was fun while it lasted...

Last edited:
Nike NYC just tweeted they changed the rsvp process as well. Maybe now I have a decent chance of my rsvp getting through.

Wow! R.I.P to the RSVP SNIPERS 
grin.gif

I guess the playing field is leveled..... for now.

I wonder if nike company is implementing this for all nikestore? Anyone with inside info knows?

You called it weeks ago in the royal thread. Now it's a reality. Your right though. The hundreds of 1 second dm's were bound to catch some attention.

Yeah, it wasn't a very well kept secret for anyone who follows sneakers. Everyone knew what's been going on, and really... how much effort did it take on Nike's part to write up a 2 or 3 sentence policy, and make a set of images for every store's releases? This is definitely a step in the right direction. It will be interesting to see if these snipers rebound or in some cases have their custies' bot winners tossed out altogether. It'd be interesting to see what the NT employees are looking at on their end with bots vs actual users. There has to be a gap between the bot replies and the first human DM.

Chronos just tweeted that he is close to a workaround so we'll see I guess

See, this is why I can't take him very seriously. He's been accepting $10 donations (all the people who are more likely to get their shoes), and saying it covers his operating costs. Virtual servers don't cost much at all, and given my occupation and that I've paid for hosting for my own sites and apps, as well as clients' sites and apps, not to mention hosted for others... there's no way he wasn't making some good cash over his operating costs.

Now he's going to push to circumvent this new system, when it is now in direct violation of Nike's policy, and could result in people (twitter names and real names) being banned from any future RSVPs? I'm not saying that these other guys won't figure out a workaround as well, but I can't take him seriously any longer. Either you're in it for the right reason and you proved your point and you at least put it on the backburner for the time being and see how all of this shakes out, or you're in it to make money with your $10 "donations" and push ahead in the name of profit.

Last edited:
I benefited from Chronos twice, but honestly it still doesn't fix the NDC bot (which I have and will go back to). BUT DON'T BE FOOLED, somebody is gonna find a way around it and when they do.... Imma be all over it!

Last edited:
LOL, I was a Twitter RSVP assassin before the bots took over. Back to business as usual. :D

Now everyone gets to e-camp again. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom