NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, all my saved pics just show a broken image icon so am guessing they're all gone now?
Thought that was something they specifically carried over...because they were saying it was a big part in what took so long.

Is this something that will work in the near future or what?

Meth said over 4TBs needed to be cached so it's a process

Also not feeling that u can see who reps who. I understand it was to see who else supports unpopular views but I mean they just won't rep those posts now. I like the anonymity both ways

Also not feeling that u can see who reps who. I understand it was to see who else supports unpopular views but I mean they just won't rep those posts now. I like the anonymity both ways
I personally disagree lol

So, first of all, let me reiterate that the old emoji characters are coming back. It takes awhile because they have to get cached in and then applied to all the old posts.

I assume you'd rather be posting here now than stuck on the temp site waiting for that to complete.

The default emoji characters are awful. You won't have to deal with them for very long.

Support for phone emoji characters is coming as well. A new version of this forum software is currently in beta and will likely be released and installed on our site by early 2018. Many of the limitations people are noticing in the current site will be addressed in that update.

Case in point:
Not sure if this is the best avenue to post suggestions, but I'd like to at least have the option to disable the ability to select the page number in a thread that I'm already on.

It just kind of ends up pointlessly refreshing and I've done that a few times now while lazily trying to move to the next one.
This will be added with the next major point release mentioned earlier.

Methodical Management Methodical Management

How do you edit polls? The current edit button doesn't allow you to edit the question or responses, even if the poll is already closed.

Thanks for all the hard work that went into this.
There's likely a difference between editing new polls created on the new site and editing old polls created on the old platform. Just getting polls to carry over is a victory. That was not possible last time we switched platforms.

In fact, the quote feature now seems kind of pointless unless I'm missing something?
You're missing something. +Quote allows you to quote multiple posts. You can also highlight text to quote portions of a post.

https://niketalk.com/threads/quoting-a-post.664241/
So imma have to go through the change name process to get my capitals back?
Yes. The name change option should be available tomorrow.
I prefer the simplicity of the old one.
Many people said that exact same thing five years ago.

If we'd listened to them, NikeTalk would still look like this:
wargames-05.jpg

I bet if we were to go back to the moving thread from five years ago, we'd find that quite a few of the people who now can't imagine life without Huddler hated Huddler at first and wanted to go back to ezboard.

Always felt like the marketplace here could be much better. Why not just have 1 marketplace with a checkbox to choose sizes, instead of separate forums by size ranges? Lots of potential for an active NT marketplace.

Also any way to have a bookmark logo/tab logo? Comes up as an empty icon right now

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 2.55.51 PM.png
The marketplace could be better, but we don't charge for listings and the types of improvements you're describing would cost a lot to develop.

The favicons you see in your bookmarks/tabs should be back today.

Damn what's the trick to multi quote on this platform?
https://niketalk.com/threads/quoting-a-post.664241/
Yeah how do we pyramid quote? :nerd:
Pyramid quotes aren't currently supported.

Ya, all my saved embedded pics just show a broken image icon so am guessing they're all gone now?
They're caching. They just show up as missing images until they load in.

I agree. But I also feel NT likes to steer the mindset if its contributors so it makes sense to me why they did it.

Hey Meth, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the world of UI Design and best practices , but having buttons less than 40 x 40 pixels is kinda terrible. Specifically referring to the pages buttons in watched threads and at the bottom of the pages.

Did I miss the answer to changing your screen name? Also would like to reduce the size of the font sitewide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom