NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new site is interesting so far. Will take a while to get used to. :nerd:

EDIT: the emoticons are gone?! Damn.

I didn't get an email when someone quoted me. I tried to look in the preferences but I don't see an option for it.

I meant from the camera roll on my phone

Oh, at the bottom of the page it says "upload file"

Screenshot_20170716-151542.jpg

I didn't get an email when someone quoted me. I tried to look in the preferences but I don't see an option for it.
You can see who quotes, replies, likes, etc., just above your avatar.

You will see a number just above it and if you click on it, you will see all I mentioned above, including new thread posts.

Hey Meth, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the world of UI Design and best practices , but having buttons less than 40 x 40 pixels is kinda terrible. Specifically referring to the pages buttons in watched threads and at the bottom of the pages.
It's balancing act. We need the site to perform well on as many devices and displays as possible, and what's tiny on a 4k mobile phone is huge for someone with a large 1080p monitor. We hired arguably the top theme designer for this particular forum platform, so there's a lot of skill and experience behind the current design. There's more we'd like to do, and moving towards a more liquid design where elements are percentage based rather than px based is definitely a consideration for the future. However, as I've mentioned earlier there is a major new release for this forum platform due out in the next 6-8 months. The more complex the custom theme or development at this stage, the more likely it is that we'd need to rebuild it, at least partially, when the new version arrives - as it includes major changes to the core of the product.

That's why the light based theme is due out next year. We'll wait until after the major release has occurred and then we can proceed with some of the more advanced tech.

In the meantime, we'll see what people think of the layout as is and we can potentially tweak button sizes as needed.

Did I miss the answer to changing your screen name? Also would like to reduce the size of the font sitewide.
You did. That feature will be added tomorrow.

A change to the font weight on desktop is something I'd like to see, too, and we'll try to get that done this week if we can. Obviously there's a lot going on right now, so it's a triage situation.

That's game changing. Works great on desktop but on mobile seems hit or miss. A lot of fiddling around to do still though.
That, I'm afraid, is largely a function of touchscreens just generally being terrible for highlighting, among other things. Highlighting on phones is awful. You can manually edit out portions of a quote in the editor, which may be the easier way to go depending on your phone/dexterity/fingertip size.

How do we upload gifs now?
https://niketalk.com/threads/adding-a-picture-within-a-post-or-thread.664242/

Guessing we can't use a gif as an avatar until some time?

Also NT now has 2Fa whaaaa

That, I'm afraid, is largely a function of touchscreens just generally being terrible for highlighting, among other things. Highlighting on phones is awful. You can manually edit out portions of a quote in the editor, which may be the easier way to go depending on your phone/dexterity/fingertip size.

Makes sense

It's balancing act. We need the site to perform well on as many devices and displays as possible, and what's tiny on a 4k mobile phone is huge for someone with a large 1080p monitor. We hired arguably the top theme designer for this particular forum platform, so there's a lot of skill and experience behind the current design. There's more we'd like to do, and moving towards a more liquid design where elements are percentage based rather than px based is definitely a consideration for the future. However, as I've mentioned earlier there is a major new release for this forum platform due out in the next 6-8 months. The more complex the custom theme or development at this stage, the more likely it is that we'd need to rebuild it, at least partially, when the new version arrives - as it includes major changes to the core of the product.

That's why the light based theme is due out next year. We'll wait until after the major release has occurred and then we can proceed with some of the more advanced tech.

In the meantime, we'll see what people think of the layout as is and we can potentially tweak button sizes as needed.

You did. That feature will be added tomorrow.

A change to the font weight on desktop is something I'd like to see, too, and we'll try to get that done this week if we can. Obviously there's a lot going on right now, so it's a triage situation.

https://niketalk.com/threads/adding-a-picture-within-a-post-or-thread.664242/

not like it matters just curious since I saw reps were the same? I thought they were gonna get set back

Man salute to the people that helped enhance the site. Aestically this is what I imagined an official NT would look like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom