NikeTalk x Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be missing the point.

Kanye West being one of the most famous people around who actually earned revenue for Nike outside of selling sneakers can’t even ask Nike for a simple favor so what would make you believe that Nike would make a limited run for a bunch of strangers on a forum that they do not support? Selling 100 pairs of shoes is not profitable to Nike as the time invested in just setting something up would cost way more then they would make.

You seem to be missing the point.

Kanye West being one of the most famous people around who actually earned revenue for Nike outside of selling sneakers can’t even ask Nike for a simple favor so what would make you believe that Nike would make a limited run for a bunch of strangers on a forum that they do not support? Selling 100 pairs of shoes is not profitable to Nike as the time invested in just setting something up would cost way more then they would make.
im not missing the point
i get exactly what ur saying
but u seem to think ur right
so ill just leave it at that

You just made my point. If Kanye West could not get pairs of his own sneaker allocated for his people how the hell do you expect anyone else to be able to get a custom pair made?

that's more along da fact that Kanye is a entertainer and depending on him to actually be able to dictate minute details of pairs being allocated strictly for him and his entourage varies from say a guy like STASH, who was able to have as many pairs of his own sneakers for him to give to his folks at seemingly will.

getting allocation
or essentially free pairs
and getting a custom pair made
that nike will see the profits from
are 2 different arguments/discussions

yep, and when factor in da fact that Kanye has to juggle a hectic music schedule, do you really think duke on it like that? :lol:

Well you guys seem to have it all figured out. Apperantly we have not run off all of our insiders quite yet.

It’s unfortunate that in my 20 years of collecting PE’s and samples and living in Beaverton since 1994 I have done such a poor job of networking.

D5C9B4F5-231F-42ED-BB72-4B82F09D9146.jpeg

Last edited:
kanye asked our local shop for pairs of the first yeezy to give to his friends when he was here recording because he couldn't get pairs from nike. one of the owners of the shop actually became head of special projects at nike and worked on the big collabs and other interesting projects.

That NT on the side of the AF1 looks tacky. Should have been on the tongue or something

Well you guys seem to have it all figured out. Apperantly we have not run off all of our insiders quite yet.

It’s unfortunate that in my 20 years of collecting PE’s and samples and living in Beaverton since 1994 I have done such a poor job of networking.

Is this a nikeid or an actual pair commission from Nike themselves?

Eh I can’t judge those AF1s. I know I’m biased. I hate black leather forces and dress shoes. They always look cheap. *shrug*

The only way I’d rock black forces is if they used that ol 97-98 big block leather, that stiff ****, with a suede swoosh.

wit da Nike collab, i dont see da same type of connecting da dots, partly because folks that probably could put that word in, ya not reaching out to asking for that solid.
I think you've made it clear that you would kowtow to anyone who so much as claimed to be a "Nike insider." We're not interested in abridging anyone's freedom to criticize companies like Nike or their products. Our first loyalty will always be to sneaker fans, not sneaker brands.

We have too much respect for the community, for ourselves, and for the professionals we know at Nike to constantly pester them for "favors."

I think you've made it clear that you would kowtow to anyone who so much as claimed to be a "Nike insider."

collab ≠ bootlick...

any collab ive seen done started wit good ol fashion networking...no one asking ya to be obsequious.

We're not interested in abridging anyone's freedom to criticize companies like Nike or their products. Our first loyalty will always be to sneaker fans, not sneaker brands.

essentially what i said on da 1st page.

I’m not usually one for blaspheming, but Air Force lows are pretty ugly looking to me. They remind me too much of SB dunks in that I can only picture unathletic, pigeon toed, sloppy dressing middle schoolers wearing them. Plus they get one crease and they immediately look like clown shoes. Do better guys.

Since Nike has bastardized the Foams, and released them in every worst colorway possible, give us the Pearl Foams with "Niketalk" running down the rear pull tab. It would be a subtle, but nice touch IMO.

They have killed Foamposites for me, but that would be great.

kanye asked our local shop for pairs of the first yeezy to give to his friends when he was here recording because he couldn't get pairs from nike. one of the owners of the shop actually became head of special projects at nike and worked on the big collabs and other interesting projects.
lol saint alfred

Since Nike has bastardized the Foams, and released them in every worst colorway possible, give us the Pearl Foams with "Niketalk" running down the rear pull tab. It would be a subtle, but nice touch IMO.

They have killed Foamposites for me, but that would be great.
If that were to happen then it shouldn’t be for another 5yrs imo. Give foams a much needed break. I’m beginning to share the same sentiments for aj1’s as well.

So would it be a no go on Cradle of Filth by Niketalk?
Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 6.27.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 6.27.54 PM.png

I think we could do units ... run a shopify account ... get them out before Feb 2nd Super Bowl performance!!! Easy Million!! EASY

:lol: @ u humble bragging on that trash id
no offense
i mean it respectfully
but my words come across disrespectfully alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom