NikeTalk x Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted insight and ironically got the battle of question dodgers, lovely.

You asked if Nike’s ever reached out regarding a product collaboration and you received a definitive answer: they have not. I get that it’s not the answer that you might’ve hoped for, but you can’t say my response was evasive.

As no Nike product collaboration has ever been proposed, I have no ready answer regarding what silhouette I would choose. It’s like asking someone who doesn’t even have children where they’d like to send their hypothetical first born to college. Whatever preference you might have, that decision isn’t about you, and any evaluation you might make would be better informed by the present than the past. If your answer to “what model sneaker would you choose to represent the community” is the same as your answer to “what’s your favorite Nike shoe,” you’d have the wrong focus in mind.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 7.11.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 7.15.59 PM.png
You gotta drop the Peace on the banneds doe

You asked if Nike’s ever reached out regarding a product collaboration and you received a definitive answer: they have not. I get that it’s not the answer that you might’ve hoped for, but you can’t say my response was evasive.

As no Nike product collaboration has ever been proposed, I have no ready answer regarding what silhouette I would choose. It’s like asking someone who doesn’t even have children where they’d like to send their hypothetical first born to college. Whatever preference you might have, that decision isn’t about you, and any evaluation you might make would be better informed by the present than the past. If your answer to “what model sneaker would you choose to represent the community” is the same as your answer to “what’s your favorite Nike shoe,” you’d have the wrong focus in mind.
Hmmm well has Nike reached out regarding
Anything??? Not just a product
Or a cease order
Have they reached out for anything
:nerd: :nerd:
To maybe talk about something or anything

meth gonna come back with a long *** post
and a few gifs
to ether everyone
who talking bad right now
i cant wait

Some random person, who was, at best, a newly minted Ekin, got out in front of their skis twelve years ago.
That's like saying Postmates will never sponsor us because you failed to tip your delivery driver.

full
Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Last edited:
I love how this topic and further more the Nike influence or complete control over $C forums, magazine, events etc used to be discussed all the time back when it was actually happening yet I don't remember Ninjahood ever being a part of any of those discussions. I guess now that most of us involved are no longer actively posting he feels the need to make sure he shows everyone just how long he has been around by spewing a bunch of misinformation and lazy assumptions.

niketalk been driving away their insiders for years, so you potentially repelling a potential plug into some kinda collab wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Please remind us of who all these "insiders" are again? Maybe you are talking about the "insiders" who worked for $C who tried to get personal information about NT "insiders" for Nike? Or maybe the "insiders" you are referring to are the ones who used NT for personal gain until they all of a sudden started receiving a paycheck from $C and vowed to never return?

there's your boy from sole collector wit da chopper suit from ISS breaking bread with da god in designer form in a sanctioned nike event, and you're telling me that im buggin?

And where is this guy now?

I could show you NT summits from back before you had your NT fame that were attended by other Nike designers and employees so not sure what one photo-op is suppose to represent?

why do we even need a collab

I would be embarrassed to wear anything with this website on it. dudes in here clamoring to wear NT fitters and t shirts like that’s cool. niketalk has been nothing but a burden on my entire existence. it has made me lose my soul.

THIS!

What if we did a Jordan X
But instead of Mike’s accomplishments on the sole it was NT’s accomplishments thru donations on one shoe and the other shoe had “Greatest Threads of all Time” titles?

why do we even need a collab

I would be embarrassed to wear anything with this website on it. dudes in here clamoring to wear NT fitters and t shirts like that’s cool. niketalk has been nothing but a burden on my entire existence. it has made me lose my soul.

folks lucky to even have da new era plug cuz ol boy that used to post here from Capacity who don't even work there anymore patched em in when New era's custom orders department was still wild wild west status.

I could show you NT summits from back before you had your NT fame that were attended by other Nike designers and employees so not sure what one photo-op is suppose to represent?

perhaps ya Networking game lackin? Sole collector don't exist da same way anymore as a forum, or publication, and yet they got a nike collab.

What if we did a Jordan X
But instead of Mike’s accomplishments on the sole it was NT’s accomplishments thru donations on one shoe and the other shoe had “Greatest Threads of all Time” titles?
We released a shirt like that for the 10th anniversary:
nketlk_x_f.jpg

nketlk_x_b.jpg

The "accomplishments" included the number of users, posts, countries represented, money donated to charity, etc.

ekin 703
jmaddidas
snufflesMcdoogle
Perhaps you think they left a long time ago because you don't have their names right:

Time to update the Rolodex - or finally go digital.

Sole collector don't exist da same way anymore as a forum, or publication, and yet they got a nike collab.
Oh, so you'd rather we change places with them?

We have very different priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom