• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has nothing to do with the fact that outside of the exclusives on Nintendo, everything else is 90% trash :lol:

#broke

Cause they broke :lol:

It's not like PS4/X1 don't have games for children.

the article on Kotaku talks about this.

no ones arguing that children games dont exist on PS3/4 or XB 360/1

its a dumb counterpoint

the issue is form factor, menus, and overall easier playability for younger or less experienced players

when i was in the market to get my son his first gaming system, the Sony fanboy at my job was ripping his hair out trying to get me to NOT get a WiiU

every feature he tried to sell me on, from cross game chat to recording gameplay was far beyond what my son needed at the time

he was 8 at the time. never even touched a video game. the WiiU was a perfect starting point.

the Sony fanboy just could not understand the logic in that

If shopping for a younger kid nintendo is the first system I would look at. Your co-worker was a dumbass thinking your kid would want to be cursed at and called the n-word on chat while recording it to post on twitch.

I understand what you're getting at but the menus and operating the PS4/X1 is not hard at all. PS4/X1 are both cheaper than Wii U too. Different strokes for different folks. I tried to get my kids in on that Nintendo nostalgia factor but he was more interested in the stuff I was playing, TV shows that he watches and games that kids at his school play. MY 8 year old tried to convince me that Naruto Storm 4 is a classic :lol:

Last edited:
If shopping for a younger kid nintendo is the first system I would look at. Your co-worker was a dumbass thinking your kid would want to be cursed at and called the n-word on chat while recording it to post on twitch.

as a parent thats the aggravating part. that demographic will always exist yet Nintendo is the only one that considers that demographic first.

the harcore older gamers dictate the industry. its understandable, but still aggravating. theres a certain aspect to games we had growing up thats missing today.

its disappointing that many gamers grow up and forget about the younger kids.

and yes, he is an idiot.
he made a special holder for his phone right above his stearing wheel so he can watch Twitch while driving, in the 4 years ive known him hes had 2 head on collisions.

I have a 6 and 4 year old
They love Mario Run

I played Nintendo as a kid then moved to Xbox/PS

Now we have no gaming systems and I want to get them a Nintendo for the family to play. To me, that's the most fun option because of Mario and Zelda and DK

I'm torn between getting a Wii U and all the good games that are available now or waiting for the Switch and the games launching later in the year.

Twitch ain't even that serious :lol:

he cannot look away.

he's been reprimanded twice for it on the job.

i work with a bunch of 50-60 year olds, so they have no idea what hes looking at. to them 'hes just on his phone', but i know.

hes the worst.
every time Sony would publish its numbers above Microsoft he had to come in to convince me how much better that makes Sony. ugh....

one of those fanboys that brag about tech they dont even understand yet

Ol buddy gonna mess around and kill somebody while driving :smh:

I like to mess with the Xbox guys like @iYen with the back and forth PS4 > X1 talk but at the end of the day I just enjoy good games, regardless of its platform. I think The Legend of Zelda: BotW and Super Mario Odyssey will both be some of the best games of all time. That's enough to make me buy the Switch.

the article on Kotaku talks about this.

no ones arguing that children games dont exist on PS3/4 or XB 360/1

its a dumb counterpoint

the issue is form factor, menus, and overall easier playability for younger or less experienced players

when i was in the market to get my son his first gaming system, the Sony fanboy at my job was ripping his hair out trying to get me to NOT get a WiiU

every feature he tried to sell me on, from cross game chat to recording gameplay was far beyond what my son needed at the time

he was 8 at the time. never even touched a video game. the WiiU was a perfect starting point.

the Sony fanboy just could not understand the logic in that

I would not underestimate these kids. These days they are born with the ability to use tech. :lol:
Some of the stuff I've seen them do on Minecraft.

I had a eight year old play Sound Shapes for the first time and he was tearing through it like he was a Vet.

as a parent thats the aggravating part. that demographic will always exist yet Nintendo is the only one that considers that demographic first.

the harcore older gamers dictate the industry. its understandable, but still aggravating. theres a certain aspect to games we had growing up thats missing today.

its disappointing that many gamers grow up and forget about the younger kids.

and yes, he is an idiot.
he made a special holder for his phone right above his stearing wheel so he can watch Twitch while driving, in the 4 years ive known him hes had 2 head on collisions.

Nintendo focuses on that because it's their only choice really ever since the Wii

I don't think Kids are forgotten about.
Toys to life games like Skylanders and Disney Infinity were huge.

Lego games are constant hits too and lets not forget the daddy,Minecraft which came out latest on the Wii-U. At least they're rectifying that with the switch.

I'm not a parent but if I was the game I would introduce my child to would be Dragon Quest Builders.
Creativity of Minecraft with the heavy dialogue that comes with JRPG's to get them reading a lot while having fun.

If it was a Nintendo system then Pokemon easily.

Last edited:
 I would not underestimate these kids. These days they are born with the ability to use tech.
laugh.gif

Some of the stuff I've seen them do on Minecraft.

I had a eight year old play Sound Shapes for the first time and he was tearing through it like he was a Vet.

I concur with these, Kids nowadays are smart and they catch up quickly I can see a lot of kids running all over Zelda, owning the franchise from now on and passing the torch along the way and I hope that Nintendo  plays accordingly, giving some maturity to his console and the content on it ,making it last, so we can see a good season for the company comparable to the  Gamecube or the N64 or even the SuperNintendo boom.

Back
Top Bottom