• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Nintendo continues the classic system series after the SNES I guarantee it won't be the N64 nor do I think they'll ever put one out

Most logical next in line seems like a Game Boy Color classic

If they did ever pump out an N64 Classic it'd break over $100 easy

Gameboy color more logical than N64 ?

Good point. I don't think it would sell as well though . The handheld scene is kinda ..eehh right now. GB was cool for its time and had some gems, but nothing worth putting out a classic. Besides, if you have a DS the eShop has a good collection.

If Nintendo really wants to cause some hype they should put that 64.

Good point. I don't think it would sell as well though . The handheld scene is kinda ..eehh right now. GB was cool for its time and had some gems, but nothing worth putting out a classic. Besides, if you have a DS the eShop has a good collection.

If Nintendo really wants to cause some hype they should put that 64.
Yeah a def agree that the console would sell more than a handheld in today's market if both are mass produced but with the limited numbers they produced the NES Classic with and the limited numbers they'll produce for the SNES Classic, I think a Gameboy Classic would sell just as well with those same numbers

People are going crazy for 90s nostalgia right now and I don't think it really matters what Nintendo put out next. With limited numbers and old school marketability, it'll sell out regardless

N64 ROMs aren't too big. Could probably fit an (S)NES Classic-sized library on 1GB of storage. As far as I know they don't port games on the Classics. They use ROMs (software copies of the game cartridges) and Emulators (software that mimics the original hardware).

The thing that's making me question the possibility of an N64 Classic is that N64 emulation is tough for "budget" hardware. The price point would almost definitely have to be much higher than what they charge for the (S)NES Classics. Not that that's not an option, but I think Nintendo realizes that the allure of these Classic consoles is that they're relatively very cheap.

Yeah stick stick , which is probably why I'm leaning towards the theory that the N64 logo and controller trademarks from a few weeks ago was basically setting up for the upcoming Virtual Console launch sometime in Winter 2018.

Not to mention the difficulty you stated about N64 emulation, it is probably the reason why Hyperkin has yet to create a "clone console" to emulate N64 cartridges (which is gladly needed for people that want to play and stream their old N64 games on a HDTV/HD monitor).

Nintendo would be fools not to retro the game boy/GB COLOR

They can easily make it like the original and sell it for $69.99 and would prob sell out faster than NES/SNES combined IMO

Nintendo would be fools not to retro the game boy/GB COLOR

They can easily make it like the original and sell it for $69.99 and would prob sell out faster than NES/SNES combined IMO
Thats my whole point

Its just a lot easier and they can still get maximum profit

I hope its in the works honestly. I know a lot of us old dudes would go nuts.

ill take that over any other system IMO and I owned em all as a kid

let's say a gameboy classic came out id take 1 of Pokémon red blue yellow, 1 of silver and gold, Pokémon crystal...zelda oracle ages and seasons, links awakening dx, Tetris, I'll take space invaders..dr Mario, shantae, metroid 2...there's a bunch more but I know I can fill 30

Either way snes nes and gameboy games are vc on the ds line...is Nintendo only doing a classic because most of the games on both nes and snes are vc?

Why is everyone expecting GameCube vc? What about 64?

let's say a gameboy classic came out id take 1 of Pokémon red blue yellow, 1 of silver and gold, Pokémon crystal...zelda oracle ages and seasons, links awakening dx, Tetris, I'll take space invaders..dr Mario, shantae, metroid 2...there's a bunch more but I know I can fill 30

Either way snes nes and gameboy games are vc on the ds line...is Nintendo only doing a classic because most of the games on both nes and snes are vc?

Why is everyone expecting GameCube vc? What about 64?
N64 VC is old news

Been around since the Wii thus we don't really care about having the same games ported over to a different console again

Gamecube VC was confirmed awhile ago so thats why we're all thirsty for it

Gamecube VC was confirmed awhile ago so thats why we're all thirsty for it

Since when? I didn't hear anything about Gamecube being confirmed for VC. It's just been speculated conversations about "wanting Gamecube" on the VC so far

gamecube? garbage *** system
J-LAW OKAY.gif

Although not an OFFICIAL confirmation, seems good enough to trust and silly to think they wouldn't at this point

This was reported last December
https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-gamecube-virtual-console/

I remember around that time, people used that the sources in that article as a reason for a possible Super Mario Sunshine HD remake.........but hell, this can be interpreted either way at this point.

That being said, I agree with you.........Nintendo would be str8 up hating if they neglected the Gamecube YET AGAIN for the Virtual Console.

gamecube? garbage *** system

1394661976878.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom