• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just stopped into Gamestop to ask about the whole NBA 2K18 thing

He said they are expected to get physical copies on day 1 for anyone interested

I went ahead and PO'd it

Just stopped into Gamestop to ask about the whole NBA 2K18 thing

He said they are expected to get physical copies on day 1 for anyone interested

I went ahead and PO'd it

I hope you specified Switch version.........the PS4 and Xbox 1 physical version are basically guaranteed TBH.

If you did specify the Switch version, then I would highly question that Gamestop employee you spoke with. Everything 2K has been saying far is that they will not release a physical version of the Switch NBA 2K18 on the same Day 1 as the PS4 & Xbox 1 versions.

I hope you specified Switch version.........the PS4 and Xbox 1 physical version are basically guaranteed TBH.

If you did specify the Switch version, then I would highly question that Gamestop employee you spoke with. Everything 2K has been saying far is that they will not release a physical version of the Switch NBA 2K18 on the same Day 1 as the PS4 & Xbox 1 versions.

WELP

I still have a month or so to just switch it to the PS4 instead so no biggie

WELP

I still have a month or so to just switch it to the PS4 instead so no biggie

Or you can just cancel your Switch preorder and switch to the PS4 preorder instead..........TBH, I deem the Switch version of NBA 2K18 taking a L already because of both the delay AND an "elitist, hardcore 2K community" that won't jumpship to Nintendo.

Or you can just cancel your Switch preorder and switch to the PS4 preorder instead..........TBH, I deem the Switch version of NBA 2K18 taking a L already because of both the delay AND an "elitist, hardcore 2K community" that won't jumpship to Nintendo.
Thats what I just said hahah

I could care less about the 2K community though, if it looks the same minus 4K I'm getting it

I could care less about the 2K community though, if it looks the same minus 4K I'm getting it

I would say the same thing as an offline MyLeague gamer anyway.

However, the 2K community provides closely, accurate Draft Class rosters for MyLeague/MyGM game modes that you won't get anywhere else at the moment.

I highly doubt the Draft Class rosters creators will have the desire to jumpship from PS4/Xbox1 to Nintendo Switch or duplicate their Draft Class rosters for the Switch version anytime soon.

Every multi platform is an easy pass for me tbh. I never take my switch off the dock so on the go means nothing to me

THIS

I bought my Switch specifically for Nintendo stuff......so unless I know a multiplatform is absolute garbage on the PS4/Xbox 1 and decent on the Switch, I'm specifically copping the Nintendo and Indie stuff on the Switch.
And on the other side, I highly doubt their is a big enough 2K community for the Switch version to even have someone willing to make custom rosters/custom Draft Class rosters at the same quality as the established PS4/Xbox 1 community guys.

how is it a L
because the physical is delayed
but the digital will be available on release

how is it a L
While I think 2K on the Switch would do just fine if a physical released day 1 with the other consoles, if it doesn't then that is seriously gonna hurt 2Ks overall sales on the Switch

With the Switch having such little memory, its going to drive people away on launch because they're not trying to have that game take up that space or buy extra memory just to download it

Not to mention there are other people like me that don't like downloading games in general and would prefer the physical

While I think 2K on the Switch would do just fine if a physical released day 1 with the other consoles, if it doesn't then that is seriously gonna hurt 2Ks overall sales on the Switch

With the Switch having such little memory, its going to drive people away on launch because they're not trying to have that game take up that space or buy extra memory just to download it

Not to mention there are other people like me that don't like downloading games in general and would prefer the physical
memory aint a problem man
nintendo been able to compress data
and even so getting a memory card is cheap

how is it a L

Its a L because you ain't swaying no hardcore 2K gamer from their PS4s over to a Switch........AND the typical Nintendo gamer ARE NOT fans of sports game such as NBA 2K or even Madden.

The delayed physical release will push "on-the-fence" people even away from considering trying it on the Switch, and the digital release for a console that has limited data storage already is a big turn-off for once again "on-the-fence" people.

Nawghty, you've been in the non-Nintendo gaming threads including the NBA 2K threads. You already know how these cats feel about multiplatforms on a Nintendo console and any small hit to the momentum of a multiplatform's release on a Nintendo console is just more ways to keep their ignorance at large.

Its a L because you ain't swaying no hardcore 2K gamer from their PS4s over to a Switch........AND the typical Nintendo gamer ARE NOT fans of sports game such as NBA 2K or even Madden.

The delayed physical release will push "on-the-fence" people even away from considering trying it on the Switch, and the digital release for a console that has limited data storage already is a big turn-off for once again "on-the-fence" people.

Nawghty, you've been in the non-Nintendo gaming threads including the NBA 2K threads. You already know how these cats feel about multiplatforms on a Nintendo console and any small hit to the momentum of a multiplatform's release on a Nintendo console is just more ways to keep their ignorance at large.
hardcore gamers aren't the majority though
regular people who go to work or school
and kids
who just want an hour or 2 to play a game are the majority
i think......
i know nintendo hit the mark with the switch
besides the dumb *** chat
nintendo taking W's

Nawghty, you're looking at this all wrong.

The one I'm blaming for taking the L for the Switch version of NBA 2K18 IS NOT Nintendo. My target is actual 2K themselves......they are the ones that are actually not pulling their end of the bargain.

Sure, they "claim" that they are giving full support for the Switch......but this recent stunt by them, are they really supporting Nintendo that much? I mean WWE 2K18 is getting Day 1 everything for all the multiplatforms, but NBA 2K is basically the bread-and-butter of that company......and 2K is half-assing the Switch release for NBA 2K18, let's be honest here.

As for the "majority" that you are referring to here, that same majority also subscribe to Chris Smoove on YouTube.......who I've yet to here an endorsement of buying the Switch version of NBA 2K18 over the PS4 (and Xbox 1) versions of the game. And Smoove is a big name in the NBA 2K community, whether you like him or not.

So unless I see Smoove posting up NBA 2K18 content from Nintendo Switch, you're not gonna all of a sudden see Nintendo taking the W for a successful NBA 2K18 launch on the Nintendo Switch.

Nintendo ain't taking the W because of Nintendo's fault.....they taking the L because 2K isn't putting additional effort to convince the majority to try NBA 2K18 on the Switch.

N64 was tbe death of Sports games for Nintendo systems.

If you REALLY play 2k, I don't see why you would consider it

to try an say you play on the switch but then ends up gettin made fun of

I mean, that all that has to be said about the prospects of NBA 2K on the Nintendo Switch. That is the opposition you're facing (got this from the 2K17 thread).

And 2K has done little to change that perception.

I got Splatoon 2 about a couple of days ago, and I haven't touched BOTW and/or MK8 DX since then..............:wow:

I stopped playing MK8 after I got triple gold in every cup/CC

I should try online soon lol

I put like 80 hours in mk8 lol I traded it in, but will recop soon

I wish match making or making a party of nters was easier I played once with nawghty and someone else it was just us 3...and I kept getting 3rd

Yall can go ahead with the MK8, I'll stick to carrying random scrubs on Splat 2

20645406_10211376671746235_2879558448673415488_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom