• Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
boom goes the dynamite

ESPN's Jon Barry reports Kyrie Irving likely done for the season

Jon Barry, one of ESPN’s NBA analysts and former NBA player, was on the Dan Patrick show Friday morning with some bad news for Cavaliers fans. According to Barry, Kyrie Irving is likely done.

According to Barry, he heard from a Cavaliers source that they believe Irving is done for the rest of the series.

“I heard something from a Cavaliers person, and this is not documented, but they feel like he’s done for, done for the series.”

That is some sobering news for Cavaliers fans. Irving probably wasn’t quite 100% heading into Game 1, but he looked to be regaining some of his form. Without Irving the load rests squarely on the shoulders of LeBron James against a deep Golden State team.
Party done. 

Seems you're confusing the definition of 'Finals contenders'.

Not every Finals contender makes the Finals. In fact, only 2 do.

I mean i get the sense of contenders used these days and i have a problem with it still lol

Every season i hear 5-6 teams who are "contenders" and then you realize their chance at winning a ring is very very slim outside of 2-3 MAX. so regardless of how good lebron is nothing about him is gonna make me say hmmmm if you pair him up with MKG, Kemba, & Lance in charlotte they might have a shot at a ring.

I know LeBron gets a lot of slander, and trust me I find it very entertaining... No complaints.

But at the same time, you gotta be fair and admit for having to do most of the work himself LeBron was still 1 shot away from beating the best team in the league last night.

I know Vin Diesel said a win is a win, inch or a mile, but I mean... It was a pretty damn close game besides OT.

*Kanye shrug*

I feel sick now, I don't remember defending bron bron before :x

I enjoy slandering Bron more than anyone but it's infuriating to see him continually not drive the ball the majority of the time in end of game situations. Like nobody can stop you yet you still taking fadeaways with your broke shot. Why, bruh?

Last edited:
I'm not even gonna waist my time on the if you put Lebron on this team there contenders... because its false... Will your record get better yea probably, contenders tho :lol:..

Secondly Kerr GETS IT... he seems determined to employ that same pop strategy, let Lebron score & watch as his team begins to get steamrolled. Kerr's taken it to the next level however by allowing him to go into the post and battle ALL game, unlike the hawks series these aren't one move straight to the rack layups. Instead they are fight for position, bang in the post, then taake a contested shot.

To brons credit, he made some really tough shots all last night... but the fact remains W's Offense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cavs & when you add in Lebrons natural ability to make mistakes in the most critical times of the game & mix it with fatigue & no other real threats your gonna get what you got lastnight.

And as this series goes along Lebron will become more & more inefficient as long as Blatt keeps calling Iso after Iso... it will go from the post to him bricking mid range contested shots, and on the other end GS will feast off transition jumpers.

Game one showed me that mentally as a team the W's are prepared, they went down early, got the game back in grasp, and kept hitting big shot after big shot to keep it close. OT came & everyone played their role perfectly. It has to be a confidence booster knowing Bron put up his best possible game from a scoring standpoint, Kyrie was cooking and you still took the win. Not to mention defensively you have a gameplan that proved its gonna work.

Da fax.

All I can say is, i feel Kyrie is getting shut down for the rest of the series this guarantees they lose in 4 or 5 games
I'd like to do this, but I'm not counting Bron out. JR can get hot and with the amount of offensive boards TT and TM get, Lebron doesn't have to be 50+% from the floor. 
This series is looking beyond bleek, yall keep hope, true fans

But ima go off what i see, seeing as idc who wins, and if Lebron pulls this out with Kyrie or Lebron he may as well be the GOAT
I've been a Laker fan over half my life and Kobe's my favorite player of all time; just not counting Lebron all the way out to say it's over in 4 or 5. And I didn't care who won initially, but now I'm pulling for Golden State since if the Cavs win I have to buy a Lebron shirt, go out in it and send the pic to my friend. Can think of so many other things I can do with that 40 bucks.

I enjoy slandering Bron more than anyone but it's infuriating to see him continually not drive the ball the majority of the time in end of game situations. Like nobody can stop you yet you still taking fadeaways with your broke shot. Why, bruh?
 you dont drive when you tired

if i'm Kyrie's management i'm sitting him out also... dude has tried his hardest to come out and play.... this is like the 3rd time we've seen him have to leave a game with the same injury these playoffs... He is the future of the franchise, and quite honestly having him hobbled on the floor ain't gonna help this team much anyway.

Sit him let em come back healthy next year with Love & give it another shot.

5 Finals in a row.

You become complacent.

He thinks he will go another decade in a row.

exactly. dude did like 30 back-to-back isos. son still human. When he was spry he was posting no prob. when he was gassed he settled.

Not buying the fatigue excuse, you had 7 days off, the best athlete on the planet. Mentally you should be able to muster it for one play. It was such a lazy play. I know Iggy is a great defender, Bron only went 2-12 against him, but still he can't stop you if you put your head down.

I know LeBron gets a lot of slander, and trust me I find it very entertaining... No complaints.

But at the same time, you gotta be fair and admit for having to do most of the work himself LeBron was still 1 shot away from beating the best team in the league last night.

I know Vin Diesel said a win is a win, inch or a mile, but I mean... It was a pretty damn close game besides OT.

*Kanye shrug*

I feel sick now, I don't remember defending bron bron before :x

100% agree with you there.
Tryna Kobe his team to victory, that ain't him. His 3 ball been broke all post-season, badly broke :x

If he would of driven it to the rim he would of gotten a LeBron call at the very least, 2 free throws.

Sometimes as big of a troll as Skip Bayless is I think he's right when he says LeBron shoots those long J's in game winning moments because he's scared of having to take those free throws under pressure

Bron is just so damn infatuated with that step back 22 footer to win the game it's so damn frustrating to watch...

[quote name="tyisny"][quote name="DarthSka"]Seems you're confusing the definition of 'Finals contenders'.

Not every Finals contender makes the Finals. In fact, only 2 do.[/quote]I mean i get the sense of contenders used these days and i have a problem with it still lol

Every season i hear 5-6 teams who are "contenders" and then you realize their chance at winning a ring is very very slim outside of 2-3 MAX. so regardless of how good lebron is nothing about him is gonna make me say hmmmm if you pair him up with MKG, Kemba, & Lance in charlotte they might have a shot at a ring.[/quote]Then we just disagree completely.

Because I almost used the Hornets as an example. I definitely believe they are serious contenders to come out the East with Lebby.

You disagree. No biggie, and not worth arguing since it's just a hypothetical.

[quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]
Tryna Kobe his team to victory, that ain't him. His 3 ball been broke all post-season, badly broke :x[/quote][quote name="ComptonPrince"]Bron is just so damn infatuated with that step back 22 footer to win the game it's so damn frustrating to watch...[/quote] For real.

*Kanye shrug*

I feel sick now, I don't remember defending bron bron before
sick.gif
Kobe & Jordan are known for their game winning jumpshots and fadaways. LeBron wants his game winnings plays to be sexy and memorable, and not on the free throw line. 
I'm semi-srs

Honestly, I feel like he went to the rim WAY more in Miami, and I'm not just comparing last night to Miami. I mean this whole season. Don't know if advanced analytics support that, but that's what it seems like.

[quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]
Tryna Kobe his team to victory, that ain't him. His 3 ball been broke all post-season, badly broke :x
[quote name="ComptonPrince"]Bron is just so damn infatuated with that step back 22 footer to win the game it's so damn frustrating to watch...[/quote] For real.[/quote]

it's just so pretty when it falls in highlights. they turned his last one into a commercial lol. and the step back jumper is a rhythm jumper. it wasn't like he faded. the driving pull up that curry does and chauncey used to is waaaaaay harder. he could've driving, but i'm sure he felt like he had a good rhythm at the moment.

in the closing moments teams have brain farts against the warriors. same thing happened to harden on a potential gw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom