Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rap is hopeless these days

Pac ain't walking through that door
laugh.gif

My girl and her homegirl were listening to Big Sean's new album while they were getting dressed last weekend and there was a song I kinda enjoyed. I think Jhene Aiko is on it. They played went through most of the album and that was the only song I didn't hate.

Rappers have been saying trash bars for as long as rap has existed. Didn't NT's favorite rapper once say "giggling like a piglet"?

Woah now, don't start slandering Andre 3K he's a legend.

The 20 highest-paid athletes in the world

They don't call him "Money" for nothing. Forbes released it's 2015 rendition of the top-100 highest-paid athletes in the world on Wednesday, and for the second straight year boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. topped the list, earning just $13 million less than the next three athletes combined.
Mayweather made more than $200 million from his historic fight against Manny Pacquiao. Thanks to the fight generating nearly $600 million worth of revenue, Pacquiao actually comes in at second, albeit a distant second, on the list. He was the 11th highest-paid athlete in 2014.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, and Roger Federer finished 3rd, 4th, and 5th respectively in the rankings that include both earnings and endorsements. This means that not a single player from the three major sports in the United States – football, basketball, and baseball – cracked the top-5.

LeBron James is the highest-paid basketball player at 6th, trailing Federer by just $2.2 million. Ben Roethlisberger, surprisingly, is the highest-paid football player, coming in at 11. And Jon Lester is the highest paid baseball player at 19.

For the sixth straight year, tennis star Maria Sharapova ($29.7 million) ranks as the highest-paid female athlete, finishing 26th overall.

Here's the top-20:

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (boxing): $300 million
Manny Pacquiao (boxing): $160 million
Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer): $79.6 million
Lionel Messi (soccer): $73.8 million
Roger Federer (tennis): $67 million
LeBron James (basketball): $64.8 million
Kevin Durant (basketball): $54.1 million
Phil Mickelson (golf): $50.8 million
Tiger Woods (golf): $50.6 million
Kobe Bryant (basketball): $49.5 million
Ben Roethlisberger (football): $48.9 million
Rory McIlroy (golf): $48.3 million
Novak Djokovic (tennis): $48.2 million
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (soccer): $39.1 million
Lewis Hamilton (racing): $39 million
Ndamukong Suh (football): $38.6 million
Fernando Alonso (racing): $35.5 million
Gareth Bale (soccer): $35 million
Jon Lester (baseball): $34.1 million
Derrick Rose (basketball): $33.9 million

Last edited:
GS needs to run more pick n rolls with Klay and Steph and force the switch to Delly on Klay

Am I missing something here?

Klay isn't quick enough blow by Delly & so he'll just pound the air out of the ball and shoot a contested fadeaway.

Why would Cleveland be worried about this? It's not like Delly is 6'1"

At 6'4" he can get a hand up & bother the shot.

And then you have 6'6" Shump on the shorter Steph.

if Curry gives a pick to Klay and Delly doesn't switch onto Klay right away, it's either a free jumper or klay is attacking the basket. If Delly does switch onto him, klay doesn't need to blow by or drive all the way, he can get one or two dribbles then elevate over him. If Delly hedges too much and gets back a little late, then that's a free shot for Curry.

I was actually surprised to find out Delly is 6'4, because he looks shorter than Curry.

So after the (inevitable) switch Klay is going take an off the dribble contested jumper? :lol:

Again, why would Cleveland be overly concerned with that? As a defense, you're elated with contested long jumpers.

Last edited:
My girl and her homegirl were listening to Big Sean's new album while they were getting dressed last weekend and there was a song I kinda enjoyed. I think Jhene Aiko is on it. They played went through most of the album and that was the only song I didn't hate.

Rappers have been saying trash bars for as long as rap has existed. Didn't NT's favorite rapper once say "giggling like a piglet"?

Woah now, don't start slandering Andre 3K he's a legend.

word life. keep it 3 stacks g.

GS needs to run more pick n rolls with Klay and Steph and force the switch to Delly on Klay

Am I missing something here?

Klay isn't quick enough blow by Delly & so he'll just pound the air out of the ball and shoot a contested fadeaway.

Why would Cleveland be worried about this? It's not like Delly is 6'1"

At 6'4" he can get a hand up & bother the shot.

And then you have 6'6" Shump on the shorter Steph.

if Curry gives a pick to Klay and Delly doesn't switch onto Klay right away, it's either a free jumper or klay is attacking the basket. If Delly does switch onto him, klay doesn't need to blow by or drive all the way, he can get one or two dribbles then elevate over him. If Delly hedges too much and gets back a little late, then that's a free shot for Curry.

I was actually surprised to find out Delly is 6'4, because he looks shorter than Curry.

So after the (inevitable) switch Klay is going take an off the dribble contested jumper? :lol:

Again, why would Cleveland be overly concerned with that?

if they do switch, klay can always swing it back to curry so now shump, a person who hasn't given him any difficulty, is on him.

an off the dribble contested 15-18 ft jumper by klay being guarded by someone smaller significantly smaller than him is money.

Pac
Big
Jayz
Nas
Wu tang
Nwa
Tribe

What these guys did in the 90s is light decades better than anything out now

:pimp:

My stuff

And it was so much raw emotion, it wasn't about iTunes, YouTube hits, followers, etc. These guys lived the lives they rapped and described. Pac had a message and legit wanted to change the world

But there is still some ok stuff today

Last edited:

Curry can drop 40 if he wants If Green Barnes and Bogues give u a combined 10pts Gs will be down 3-1 GS needs both Klay and Curry to have to have 30 plus With a a strong 3rd scorer to beat The CAVS
Curry can drop 40 if he wants.
If Green Barnes and Bogues give u a combined 10pts Gs will be down 3-1
GS needs both Klay and Curry to have to have 30 plus and a strong 3rd scorer to beat the Cavs.

Edited so other people don't attempt suicide trying to comprehend what you posted.

:rofl:

For real though. That's the biggest run-on sentence I've seen in days.

Kendrick was on his way to being great but someone replaced his voice box with a dying animal before his second album

People don't understand the 'product of their environment' aspects when it comes to music and what each individual "likes", so everybody just goes around in circles.

If we and the internet were born 100 years ago we'd be talking about how opera wasn't what it used to be.

Outkast- Aquemini

Wu Tang - Wu Tang Forever

Me and baby bro up at 3am playing Mario Kart on SNES

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
People don't understand the 'product of their environment' aspects when it comes to music and what each individual "likes", so everybody just goes around in circles.

If we and the internet were born 100 years ago we'd be talking about how opera wasn't what it used to be.

Everybody has individual preferences that's what makes us unique but some of the stuff uttered in here this afternoon have been blasphemous.

mean.gif

I'm going to have to rethink my previous view that you are wise beyond your years. Maybe only when it comes to hoops...
laugh.gif

I don't know man. Most of the old rap that I've listened to just sounds hella dusty and dated. Except for Pac. I think Pac is the GOAT and I will fight you if you say otherwise. Biggie was great, but as with basketball when you are comparing you don't do it at the top with the elite. They are there for a reason. Transcendent. 

It's the average guys from that time period who are unbearable, and that's whom I'm talking about (Most of the 90's rappers taht people seem to be infatuated with). They sound incredibly bad, old and dated. We talk about the lyrics in today's rap and their raps where 10x more boring. From a pure technical sense it was terrible man. 

While it annoys me how people don't understand that music is a preference and everyone has different tastes, I'm convinced that anyone who actually listens to dubstep has an IQ of around 30-47

But just as many people think the newest thing is the Goat in anything. It goes both ways, be open to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom