No Sneaker September vol. #nosneakerseptember #staywoke

what exactly do you want Nike to do?

See us as more than a customer.

It's more a racial awareness. We make Nike billions...us black and brown folks that are not valued by the police.

Our dollars are more important than any other dollar. We spend the most.

Let's open the conversation. These companies need to support our communities

Do you have any facts to back the "fact" that "
Do you have any facts to back the "fact" that you spend the most?

this is what he said to that...

Originally Posted by Edshoecator View Post

Quantitatively, I can stand at a release and take data for you.

I doubt Nike would release that sort of information to the public.

:lol:

this is what he said to that...
Again, you can't read.

I posted FACTUAL STUDY RESULTS about minority spending, genius.

Again, quit trolling...you already said this is a stupid thread so get the hell out of it.

White privilege doesn't apply in this thread

:lol: c'mon msn. You're pathetic.

And you are one of the most ignorant posters on NT.

I am just gonna come right out and tell YOU the truth.

#SWS

You're a bigot, dude.

People can't take you seriously because anybody with an opposing point of view immediately gets accused of being a white supremacist and/or a supporter.

How can you preach anything when it's clear you have all that hate in your heart?

Thank you.

Giving money to Wilson's fund is completely different from boycotting sneakers.
Give to the fund by not buying sneakers.

Let's be real...the world is too stupid to boycott anything. We're all materialistic and do not grasp delayed gratification.

I made the thread in haste...that is why I asked for help.

Its clear that most of you guys are all for me, not US.

The idea of not buying a shoe has you guys so angered.
What about buying sneakers AND giving to the fund? No one is mad. This is just silly.

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

OP could've avoided all these arguements had he posted a donation thread instead. You have good intentions but it was the way you presented it that rub some ppl the wrong way.

OP could've avoided all these arguements had he posted a donation thread instead. You have good intentions but it was the way you presented it that rub some ppl the wrong way.
Method Man already said he was going to open one.

This was a way to get NTers to help get awareness for the cause.

I'm not a bigot. You have the same ignorant posters from the Michael Brown in here stirring the pot. 

I started off the thread and have repeatedly stated that I wanted YOUR help to fine tweek the movement.

Instead of tearing it down, suggest something, CONSTRUCTIVELY, not CONDESCENDINGLY.

@zapatohead408  has already been outed as a racist in numerous threads on NT, but you guys call me a bigot for defending myself against his like-minded cronies?

The gist of the movement is this.

- Let's not buy sneakers in September - be it you buy 1 pair  a month or 10.

- Instead, let's donate that money, or a part of it, to the Michael Brown fund.

- While supporting the movement we bring awareness to our cause.

- Not buying from the big business is just another way to show solidarity to the black community who is organizing a don't spend money day. 

After reading over the positive suggestions, I have edited the OP to reflect the GIST of the movement.

If you think it's stupid, don't come into the thread and post non-sense.

#nosneakerseptember

Last edited:
Yeah, this is a better idea.  You're doing something instead of not sacrificing anything.  Sitting out one month of sneaker drops AND holding onto your money isn't really a sacrifice, IMO.    

With the right online influencers behind this, I could see it bringing a nice chunk of change to the family of Mike Brown.  

LOL, the reaction from everyone to this laughable idea that originated from MB thread is really indicative of how that thread is just a handful of the same dudes patting each other on the back and giving each other eprops.

My guess is that you'll respond by just calling everyone in this thread a troll because they don't agree with the point of your "movement."

Last edited:
LOL, the reaction from everyone to this laughable idea that originated from MB thread is really indicative of how that thread is just a handful of the same dudes patting each other on the back and giving each other eprops.

My guess is that you'll respond by just calling everyone in this thread a troll because they don't agree with the point of your "movement."
#SWS

:lol:

forreal ****** be arguin just to argue on NT nowadays. Like if you don't like the idea keep it movin. I don't like it but you don't see me in hear wasting my time arguing about somethin I couldn't care less about. This is basically how almost every thread on here goes nowadays, mad annoying.

lol. lock this thread up. OP got roasted and can't defend himself so is resorting to calling everyone a racist.
And you have just supported our case.

Why am I be roasted?

If you dont like the thread, then why are you posting.

I call a spade a spade. Anyone can view your asinine replies in the MB thread.

laugh.gif

forreal ****** be arguin just to argue on NT nowadays. Like if you don't like the idea keep it movin. I don't like it but you don't see me in hear wasting my time arguing about somethin I couldn't care less about. This is basically how almost every thread on here goes nowadays, mad annoying.
at least you're respectfully honest.

The complete opposite of these detractors who are proud of "roasting" me. This isn't about me.

i think its dope you recognize how strong the black dollar is but "sneakerhead" type shoes ("hyped" colorways of KD's, Jordans, Lebrons, Kobes, Foams, etc.) make up so small of nike's profits, compared to running shoes and their apparel and shoes that have actual athletic practicality. The hyped colors are more of a marketing scheme because when you strike out inevitably, you're either going to go 10x harder next time or say **** it and cop the 90's turf trainers w/ the same colorway as the Jordans you just missed out on.

I think it would be more effective to try and get awareness on that petition (started by someone on here) to have HD Audio and Camera in every badge. We should be tryna make that go viral.​

Last edited:

i think its dope you recognize how strong the black dollar is but "sneakerhead" type shoes ("hyped" colorways of KD's, Jordans, Lebrons, Kobes, Foams, etc.) make up so small of nike's profits, compared to running shoes and their apparel and shoes that have actual athletic practicality. The hyped colors are more of a marketing scheme because when you strike out inevitably, you're either going to go 10x harder next time or say **** it and cop the 90's turf trainers w/ the same colorway as the Jordans you just missed out on.

I think it would be more effective to try and get awareness on that petition (started by someone on here) to have HD Audio and Camera in every badge. We should be tryna make that go viral.​
nthat.gif
 Let's add that to the backstory of the movement.

I'm just trying to to help bring awareness to our situations.

I'm a victim of being 'upcharged' by Culver City PD because they know it's our word against theirs...our words mean nothing without video proof so I salute that idea.

If you think OP's idea of boycotting Nike for a month is stupid then you are a SWS :lol:

OP when you finally start a real donation thread I'll be right there to donate

In the meantime I went to cop Rukus Dunks and there was 7 white dudes, 3 black dudes and 0 brown dudes if you wanna add that to your data

If you think OP's idea of boycotting Nike for a month is stupid then you are a SWS :lol:

OP when you finally start a real donation thread I'll be right there to donate

In the meantime I went to cop Rukus Dunks and there was 7 white dudes, 3 black dudes and 0 brown dudes if you wanna add that to your data

There will be an announcement in a few days-weeks that will allow anyone to donate to a Michael Brown fund.

Back
Top Bottom