non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

^^^YouTube has these same damn videos....+more...

No one ever blames Youtube...I and im 100% sure YouTube brings in WAY more African American viewers than WSHH.com

No one ever blames Youtube...I and im 100% sure YouTube brings in WAY more African American viewers than WSHH.com

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

i know youre not srs and just advocating for the devil but(and in no way am i comparing the two individuals) there are certain people who dismiss hitlers demonic actions because of the a few certain good things his regine did for germany
Congratulations...

You just compared a mass murderer responsible for the genocide of an entire group of people to a filmmaker making films.... for entertainment.

As corny as his films may be, he gives back way more than he takes away from the "black community" especially considering his biggest audience for his "exploitation of blacks" movies is.... black people.

i know youre not srs and just advocating for the devil but(and in no way am i comparing the two individuals) there are certain people who dismiss hitlers demonic actions because of the a few certain good things his regine did for germany
Congratulations...

You just compared a mass murderer responsible for the genocide of an entire group of people to a filmmaker making films.... for entertainment.

As corny as his films may be, he gives back way more than he takes away from the "black community" especially considering his biggest audience for his "exploitation of blacks" movies is.... black people.

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
You must be black. I find that World Star Hip Hop is far more damaging to "the black community" than Tyler Perry is. What is this black community that you speak of? There seems to be hardly any community amongsts black people these days. You get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way in certain hoods. You're saying he's taking advantage of the black audience as though black people have no mind fro themselves and are being duped into going to see his films. If his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast you should give him credit. Hollywood isn't hiring black actors for leading rolls like that , these actors have to eat. He's not making movies like "Soul Plane" and "Three Strikes." His movies try to have a message and they are funny. He is targeting a certain demographic and it is working. Not all black people are like the huxtables I'm sure you know. What's wrong with showing the comedic side of blacks to the world? His character's arent minstrel like to me. They're comedic and they're getting PAID. You seem to be too concerned about what non-whites may think and trust me sites like WSHH already have non-paid blacks behaving like minstrels without the aid of Tyler Perry.

Yes it is true that WSHH is far more damaging to the black community than Tyler Perry and that there is a great lack of a sense of community and brotherhood nowadays, but just because his films feature an all black cast doesnt mean that he is doing our race and/or culture a favor. I believe that Perry's films are overall ridiculous for a number of reasons. In the video he tries to say that shows like Sopranos and Seinfeld dont catch heat for what they do, but they focus on a concentrated group within their culture, Tyler Perry generalizes the entire black race, and that's the big difference. also his quality of films isnt good either. Just because you want an all black cast doesnt mean you need to go grab Meagan Good, Boris Kodjoe, Lil Romeo, and Cecily Tyson and then shoot it in Atlanta. If you really want to make meaningful films showcasing black culture, get quality actors (which don't have to be famous already) and show our affluence and diversity, like many other directors do. Dont make a movie focusing on urban melodramas and a cross dressing old women who pack weapons and threaten to "Bust a cap in somebody's %*#"
Best thing I read in this thread

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
You must be black. I find that World Star Hip Hop is far more damaging to "the black community" than Tyler Perry is. What is this black community that you speak of? There seems to be hardly any community amongsts black people these days. You get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way in certain hoods. You're saying he's taking advantage of the black audience as though black people have no mind fro themselves and are being duped into going to see his films. If his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast you should give him credit. Hollywood isn't hiring black actors for leading rolls like that , these actors have to eat. He's not making movies like "Soul Plane" and "Three Strikes." His movies try to have a message and they are funny. He is targeting a certain demographic and it is working. Not all black people are like the huxtables I'm sure you know. What's wrong with showing the comedic side of blacks to the world? His character's arent minstrel like to me. They're comedic and they're getting PAID. You seem to be too concerned about what non-whites may think and trust me sites like WSHH already have non-paid blacks behaving like minstrels without the aid of Tyler Perry.

Yes it is true that WSHH is far more damaging to the black community than Tyler Perry and that there is a great lack of a sense of community and brotherhood nowadays, but just because his films feature an all black cast doesnt mean that he is doing our race and/or culture a favor. I believe that Perry's films are overall ridiculous for a number of reasons. In the video he tries to say that shows like Sopranos and Seinfeld dont catch heat for what they do, but they focus on a concentrated group within their culture, Tyler Perry generalizes the entire black race, and that's the big difference. also his quality of films isnt good either. Just because you want an all black cast doesnt mean you need to go grab Meagan Good, Boris Kodjoe, Lil Romeo, and Cecily Tyson and then shoot it in Atlanta. If you really want to make meaningful films showcasing black culture, get quality actors (which don't have to be famous already) and show our affluence and diversity, like many other directors do. Dont make a movie focusing on urban melodramas and a cross dressing old women who pack weapons and threaten to "Bust a cap in somebody's %*#"
Best thing I read in this thread

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

WSHH videos are hand picked.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women?
Are they not are both entertainers?.. creators of images and stereotypes of a community?
why is TP given so much grief, while that subset is given a pass?... I honestly don't understand

and for the record. I've not seen any of TP's movies...only snippets, but never enough to capture my attention and make me want to sit for the whole thing.
there not trying to hear that Dirty 
dudes would post on here all day how he hurts the image of blacks 

but have no problem putting in a Cd by a rapper thats talks about the most stereotypical $#!@

but let it slide 

be honest with yourselves if a person would compare a black person to negative imagery 

what would you think they would compare you too

a tyler perry character or a gangsta rapper

im going with gagnsta rapper 

Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women?
Are they not are both entertainers?.. creators of images and stereotypes of a community?
why is TP given so much grief, while that subset is given a pass?... I honestly don't understand

and for the record. I've not seen any of TP's movies...only snippets, but never enough to capture my attention and make me want to sit for the whole thing.
there not trying to hear that Dirty 
dudes would post on here all day how he hurts the image of blacks 

but have no problem putting in a Cd by a rapper thats talks about the most stereotypical $#!@

but let it slide 

be honest with yourselves if a person would compare a black person to negative imagery 

what would you think they would compare you too

a tyler perry character or a gangsta rapper

im going with gagnsta rapper 

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Hand picked to entertain its viewers?....Or ruin the black community?..

.....hmmmm

Because I find them to quite entertaining...

yeah. i quoted myself
what does this clip tell you ? 

1. All black men only want sex.

2. They cant speak english correctly

3. They are obnoxious and loud.

4. They dont have jobs

5. They eat hot sauce with everything

6. They are disrespectful

7. They all want to be rappers

hey but thats funny, and it sends a message huh?

he say... "some scrimps... and some hot sauccccccce"

"your scrimps will be out right away sir"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"fawty, shawty"... hahahahahaha...

that was terrible!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeah. i quoted myself
what does this clip tell you ? 

1. All black men only want sex.

2. They cant speak english correctly

3. They are obnoxious and loud.

4. They dont have jobs

5. They eat hot sauce with everything

6. They are disrespectful

7. They all want to be rappers

hey but thats funny, and it sends a message huh?

he say... "some scrimps... and some hot sauccccccce"

"your scrimps will be out right away sir"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"fawty, shawty"... hahahahahaha...

that was terrible!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

.....hmmmm

Youtube is user generated content covering a huge range of topics and purposes. The videos and their uploaders are fragmented and the black people that go to youtube don't do so to search for blacks acting like idiots.

WSHH actively serches for "these" types of video's and exploits them for advertising profits, despite placing the black community in a negative light.

At the core, their purposes are different and their practices are different. If you can't see the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

.....hmmmm

Your entertainment doesn't justify the degradation of black people through WSHH media.

Youtube is user generated content covering a huge range of topics and purposes. The videos and their uploaders are fragmented and the black people that go to youtube don't do so to search for blacks acting like idiots.

WSHH actively serches for "these" types of video's and exploits them for advertising profits, despite placing the black community in a negative light.

At the core, their purposes are different and their practices are different. If you can't see the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

.....hmmmm

Your entertainment doesn't justify the degradation of black people through WSHH media.

and the same videos are on youtube but guess what there not on the first page you would have to search for that content
or so happen stumble upon it

WSHH narrows that search because when you click on its right in front of your face 

and it pulls in more views for that video 

for example the video when dude throws the dog off the roof on youtube has about 2,000 views

On WSHH that video had more than 100,000 views(before they removed it)

also take note for those certain videos some people are so against  WSHH that they would go to youtube just to watch that same damn video 

and the same videos are on youtube but guess what there not on the first page you would have to search for that content
or so happen stumble upon it

WSHH narrows that search because when you click on its right in front of your face 

and it pulls in more views for that video 

for example the video when dude throws the dog off the roof on youtube has about 2,000 views

On WSHH that video had more than 100,000 views(before they removed it)

also take note for those certain videos some people are so against  WSHH that they would go to youtube just to watch that same damn video 

nothing really makes them differnent and to be honest i think you are wrong in taking the position that tp is villainized while those rap artists are given a hall pass....if anything the opposite of what you stated is true.....there has always been a public/media crusade against rap music since its conception while tp has for the most part been treated w/ kid gloves

nothing really makes them differnent and to be honest i think you are wrong in taking the position that tp is villainized while those rap artists are given a hall pass....if anything the opposite of what you stated is true.....there has always been a public/media crusade against rap music since its conception while tp has for the most part been treated w/ kid gloves

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

.....hmmmm

I never will understand how dude ruins the black community though
the $#!@ thats goes on in the black community ruins the black community

I haven't seen anybody in my neighborhood act like a tyler perry character 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the people inside the community are responsible for it not a f$@#%^% movie with fictional characters 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

.....hmmmm

I never will understand how dude ruins the black community though
the $#!@ thats goes on in the black community ruins the black community

I haven't seen anybody in my neighborhood act like a tyler perry character 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the people inside the community are responsible for it not a f$@#%^% movie with fictional characters 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So you've never searched for a fight on Youtube?....then happened to scroll to the side and clicked on a "related" video...and watched it as well? 
laugh.gif

I mean yeah, WSHH does shed a tad bit of negative light on African Americans, Its all entertainment....WSHH is a candle in the Sun of whats REALLY negatively affecting the African American Community...

.....BAD Parenting

So you've never searched for a fight on Youtube?....then happened to scroll to the side and clicked on a "related" video...and watched it as well? 
laugh.gif

I mean yeah, WSHH does shed a tad bit of negative light on African Americans, Its all entertainment....WSHH is a candle in the Sun of whats REALLY negatively affecting the African American Community...

.....BAD Parenting

Back
Top Bottom