non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Youtube is user generated content covering a huge range of topics and purposes. The videos and their uploaders are fragmented and the black people that go to youtube don't do so to search for blacks acting like idiots.

WSHH actively serches for "these" types of video's and exploits them for advertising profits, despite placing the black community in a negative light.

At the core, their purposes are different and their practices are different. If you can't see the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

Your entertainment doesn't justify the degradation of black people through WSHH media.

I never will understand how dude ruins the black community though
the $#!@ thats goes on in the black community ruins the black community

I haven't seen anybody in my neighborhood act like a tyler perry character 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the people inside the community are responsible for it not a f$@#%^% movie with fictional characters 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My post didn't reference Tyler Perry once...

If you actually read it (or comprehended it) you'd see it was a response to a WSHH comment.

If you read one of my earlier posts, you'd see that I was actually defending Tyler Perry and his films.

Thanks though.. 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was agreeing with you bro
I highlighted when KayCurrency said that dude was ruining the black community 

If you read my post you would notice none of it is referring to your comment 

Youtube is user generated content covering a huge range of topics and purposes. The videos and their uploaders are fragmented and the black people that go to youtube don't do so to search for blacks acting like idiots.

WSHH actively serches for "these" types of video's and exploits them for advertising profits, despite placing the black community in a negative light.

At the core, their purposes are different and their practices are different. If you can't see the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

Your entertainment doesn't justify the degradation of black people through WSHH media.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the people inside the community are responsible for it not a f$@#%^% movie with fictional characters 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you actually read it (or comprehended it) you'd see it was a response to a WSHH comment.

If you read one of my earlier posts, you'd see that I was actually defending Tyler Perry and his films.

Thanks though.. 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

^^^YouTube has these same damn videos....+more...

No one ever blames Youtube...I and im 100% sure YouTube brings in WAY more African American viewers than WSHH.com

So you've never searched for a fight on Youtube?....then happened to scroll to the side and clicked on a "related" video...and watched it as well? 
laugh.gif

I mean yeah, WSHH does shed a tad bit of negative light on African Americans, Its all entertainment....WSHH is a candle in the Sun of whats REALLY negatively affecting the African American Community...

.....BAD Parenting
I'm with you on bad parenting. 100%

But why promote and perpetuate it with this kind of *+#+ media.

For your entertainment? Come on, man.
tired.gif

^^^YouTube has these same damn videos....+more...

No one ever blames Youtube...I and im 100% sure YouTube brings in WAY more African American viewers than WSHH.com

So you've never searched for a fight on Youtube?....then happened to scroll to the side and clicked on a "related" video...and watched it as well? 
laugh.gif

I mean yeah, WSHH does shed a tad bit of negative light on African Americans, Its all entertainment....WSHH is a candle in the Sun of whats REALLY negatively affecting the African American Community...

.....BAD Parenting
I'm with you on bad parenting. 100%

But why promote and perpetuate it with this kind of *+#+ media.

For your entertainment? Come on, man.
tired.gif

Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women?
Are they not are both entertainers?.. creators of images and stereotypes of a community?
why is TP given so much grief, while that subset is given a pass?... I honestly don't understand

and for the record. I've not seen any of TP's movies...only snippets, but never enough to capture my attention and make me want to sit for the whole thing.

Depends on what rappers or hip hop artists we're talking about Dirty.  If we're talking about a Jay Z, Nas, Lupe, or Mos Def, someone along those lines they are alot different and should never be compared to a rapper like Plies, or a great majority of these new rappers in the game.  Like I said, at the end of the day a guy like Tyler Perry does WAY MORE harm than good, if he does any good at all. 

To any self-aware of self-conscious black person out there they would know how and why just about any Tyler Perry product is bad.  The title of his next movie should be called "Sambo" featuring and staring him.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks though.. 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Whoops!
embarassed.gif
My wrong...

Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women?
Are they not are both entertainers?.. creators of images and stereotypes of a community?
why is TP given so much grief, while that subset is given a pass?... I honestly don't understand

and for the record. I've not seen any of TP's movies...only snippets, but never enough to capture my attention and make me want to sit for the whole thing.

Depends on what rappers or hip hop artists we're talking about Dirty.  If we're talking about a Jay Z, Nas, Lupe, or Mos Def, someone along those lines they are alot different and should never be compared to a rapper like Plies, or a great majority of these new rappers in the game.  Like I said, at the end of the day a guy like Tyler Perry does WAY MORE harm than good, if he does any good at all. 

To any self-aware of self-conscious black person out there they would know how and why just about any Tyler Perry product is bad.  The title of his next movie should be called "Sambo" featuring and staring him.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks though.. 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Whoops!
embarassed.gif
My wrong...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

i know youre not srs and just advocating for the devil but(and in no way am i comparing the two individuals) there are certain people who dismiss hitlers demonic actions because of the a few certain good things his regine did for germany
Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women[/color]?

and lets not kid ourselves the color of your skin and business associations also factor in......a black rap artist would do those things and get crucified.....a white film director can do it and critical reviews for the fast and the furious wont even mention those aspects of the film

i know youre not srs and just advocating for the devil but(and in no way am i comparing the two individuals) there are certain people who dismiss hitlers demonic actions because of the a few certain good things his regine did for germany
Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women[/color]?

and lets not kid ourselves the color of your skin and business associations also factor in......a black rap artist would do those things and get crucified.....a white film director can do it and critical reviews for the fast and the furious wont even mention those aspects of the film

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks though.. 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Whoa there lad...I never said that....
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks though.. 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Whoa there lad...I never said that....
grin.gif

Fast and the furious director is asian, but I somewhat agree with this.

You have to factor in the quality of the product though. If the movie is done in good tastes and executed well I don't think directors would take the flack for it, including Tyler Perry.

It would then be considered "art", for better or worse.

Fast and the furious director is asian, but I somewhat agree with this.

You have to factor in the quality of the product though. If the movie is done in good tastes and executed well I don't think directors would take the flack for it, including Tyler Perry.

It would then be considered "art", for better or worse.

.....ill tell you why Dirty. its because thats what we as black people do best.

eNPHAN had a big problem with TP and his movies, even going as far as to put him in the same category with Gucci Mane. to me thats a lazy observation. for the fact that regardless if you like TP or not his plays/movies are made with a positive message in mind. that alone seperates him from a Gucci or a Waka. any viewpoints otherwise are just blinded by hate.

.....further what made eNPHAN's arguments even more invalid was the fact that while he could find everything under the sun WRONG with TP. he couldnt find time to support the alternative.

- im the type that if you're going to stand on a soapbox proclaiming what should and shouldnt be. you better be either working on a solution, have a solution, or supporting an alternative. if not i dont wanna hear it.

eNPHAN asked where were our black musicals, i offered Dreamgirls which came out not too long ago and was really good. eNPHAN laughed at it.

eNPHAN asked for the movie showcasing a black action hero, in a black biographical movie on someone we should be more educated about. i offered Miracle in St. Anna by Spike Lee. but he didnt bother to go see it. it had a $45 million budget, and grossed $7.9 million.

the eNPHAN's of the black communtiy love this argument, but dont support the alternative........is typical
eyes.gif
.......and tired.

eNPHAN had a big problem with TP and his movies, even going as far as to put him in the same category with Gucci Mane. to me thats a lazy observation. for the fact that regardless if you like TP or not his plays/movies are made with a positive message in mind. that alone seperates him from a Gucci or a Waka. any viewpoints otherwise are just blinded by hate.

.....further what made eNPHAN's arguments even more invalid was the fact that while he could find everything under the sun WRONG with TP. he couldnt find time to support the alternative.

- im the type that if you're going to stand on a soapbox proclaiming what should and shouldnt be. you better be either working on a solution, have a solution, or supporting an alternative. if not i dont wanna hear it.

eNPHAN asked where were our black musicals, i offered Dreamgirls which came out not too long ago and was really good. eNPHAN laughed at it.

eNPHAN asked for the movie showcasing a black action hero, in a black biographical movie on someone we should be more educated about. i offered Miracle in St. Anna by Spike Lee. but he didnt bother to go see it. it had a $45 million budget, and grossed $7.9 million.

the eNPHAN's of the black communtiy love this argument, but dont support the alternative........is typical
eyes.gif
.......and tired.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by MECKS

yeah. i quoted myself
what does this clip tell you ? 

1. All black men only want sex.

2. They cant speak english correctly

3. They are obnoxious and loud.

4. They dont have jobs

5. They eat hot sauce with everything

6. They are disrespectful

7. They all want to be rappers

hey but thats funny, and it sends a message huh?

he say... "some scrimps... and some hot sauccccccce"

"your scrimps will be out right away sir"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"fawty, shawty"... hahahahahaha...

that was terrible!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

.....oh and:

roll.gif
 @ "can we get some bread? all the white people got bread"

"40?, you dont think thats too old to start a rap career"
"why everybody keep saying that?"
roll.gif

- one of the funniest scenes ever!!

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by MECKS

yeah. i quoted myself
what does this clip tell you ? 

1. All black men only want sex.

2. They cant speak english correctly

3. They are obnoxious and loud.

4. They dont have jobs

5. They eat hot sauce with everything

6. They are disrespectful

7. They all want to be rappers

hey but thats funny, and it sends a message huh?

he say... "some scrimps... and some hot sauccccccce"

"your scrimps will be out right away sir"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"fawty, shawty"... hahahahahaha...

that was terrible!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

.....oh and:

roll.gif
 @ "can we get some bread? all the white people got bread"

"40?, you dont think thats too old to start a rap career"
"why everybody keep saying that?"
roll.gif

- one of the funniest scenes ever!!

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

eyes.gif
.......and tired.

You mean when you countered his argument with logic and examples supporting that logic... he dismissed it and never acknowledged it?!?!

eek.gif

That's UNHEARD of... I would NEVER expect something like that from that dude....EVER

Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif

In before the

"oh my name is still in your mouth? BWAHAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hop off BWAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have fans that cant get me out of their mouths BWAHAHA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

;lasfdoavhewlkjhsalfa BWAAHAHAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

eyes.gif
.......and tired.

You mean when you countered his argument with logic and examples supporting that logic... he dismissed it and never acknowledged it?!?!

eek.gif

That's UNHEARD of... I would NEVER expect something like that from that dude....EVER

Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif

In before the

"oh my name is still in your mouth? BWAHAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hop off BWAHAHA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have fans that cant get me out of their mouths BWAHAHA