NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

Daniel Kaluuya was perfect in get out.
Lupita Nyong'o was perfect in us.
Nobody was perfect in nope.

"Gordy’s Home" was the scariest part of the movie for me.
I also wish they would have delved more into that story instead of it only seeming like a loose connection to the monster/beast. Also, I kind of hate when main characters are killed off camera like was done with Steven Yeun's character. I expected him to have a larger role like maybe he tries to takeover the ranch or gets romantically involved with the sister as it seemed he was interested when letting her in that backroom for free lol.

This is definitely his third best movie but after Us and Get Out that's not a totally bad thing. Honestly, after that second trailer I was less excited than the teaser and first trailer or the movie is better than I expected. I think you definitely want to see it in Dolby with a great sound system. After the score was good. I thought the effects were good, decent performances. I definitely put this in B or B+ territory if I had to grade it.

A very solid addition to his catalog and worth a watch for sure.

Certain movies, after viewing, I'll scour the interwebs to find "deeper meanings" to the overall context of the movie to see how it compares to mine then I'll rewatch it. Nope is definitely one of those movies.

Found this TIME article. A pretty lengthy read but worth reading for further interpretation.

Last edited:
It was just alright for me. I really liked Keke Palmers character and the humor + toughness she brought. But overall the film didn't really do it for me. Probably watch once it hits streaming.
I feel the same way. I'm a fan on Peele and liked his previous movies but this one didn't do it for me. I'm reading the reviews and wondering if I watched the same movie.

movie was good, definitely could have been better and a bit less scary than the first two but i think i like it better than US but i still got to think about that

in line for the studio tour now

personally I like it better than Us.

I think it's more uneven but the highs are higher,
Like the major first action sequence I think is some of the best work Peele has ever done.

the NOPE part of the studio tour was alright, its just cool to see the actual set right after seeing the film

i think they could have done more but they also do not want to spoil the movie so maybe they’ll add some more things later?

just a nice addition to the tour, really not worth going to the park just for it unless you got an AP

2747A989-1144-4B0E-8B02-B46536971787.jpeg

Ima go back to this a few times. I liked how contemplative it was at times but I can see people being bored or disappointed.

I liked it overall. Wish they would have dug into one of those storylines a bit more, but I think I see the parallel they were trying to highlight.

Still not understanding the significance of the shoe standing perfecting upright after the Gordy's Home Massacre. There has to be some significance in correlation with the main storyline, right?

Movie is solid. This is coming from someone who had peele on thin ice after "US".

Back
Top Bottom