Not a race debate. seriously.

image008.jpg

OP, peep game. Moving North=South involves climate change anywhere in the world. This makes it easier for East-west relations to occur. Also, think about where your mountains and other major landmarks are? Yep, those matter too. Also think about that since its harder to travel North-South, it also affects how food/seeds/animals seems to travel too and is distriubted... that is affected too... The Dominance of Europe was somewhat the result of geological distribution. Thats the VERY minimal of what the bok goes into. Its one of the best books i've ever read (AP World History) since it really shaped how I view the world and interaction amongst people...

image008.jpg

OP, peep game. Moving North=South involves climate change anywhere in the world. This makes it easier for East-west relations to occur. Also, think about where your mountains and other major landmarks are? Yep, those matter too. Also think about that since its harder to travel North-South, it also affects how food/seeds/animals seems to travel too and is distriubted... that is affected too... The Dominance of Europe was somewhat the result of geological distribution. Thats the VERY minimal of what the bok goes into. Its one of the best books i've ever read (AP World History) since it really shaped how I view the world and interaction amongst people...

Not sure what book was posted on the first page, the picture won't load on my computer for some odd reason.

I recommend reading "The Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey"- Spencer Wells

You can also look up the full length documentary on google of the same title.

Not sure what book was posted on the first page, the picture won't load on my computer for some odd reason.

I recommend reading "The Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey"- Spencer Wells

You can also look up the full length documentary on google of the same title.

Originally Posted by south sole

Guns, Germs and Steel.

Originally Posted by south sole

Guns, Germs and Steel.

Why is America more advanced than Europe when Americans are really just Europeans.

Why are Europeans more developed than Africans when Europeans are really just Africans.

I'm trying to figure the world out... maybe the act of moving on breeds a higher rate of development?

Why is America more advanced than Europe when Americans are really just Europeans.

Why are Europeans more developed than Africans when Europeans are really just Africans.

I'm trying to figure the world out... maybe the act of moving on breeds a higher rate of development?

i think customs play a huge role in this.

People all over the world are still living like its the stone age, farm for food, live in the country side, etc...

the unwillingness to change, and being satisfied with how things are when they were growing up is fine with them. simple lifestyle. what they're used to.

Why go against the grain when your happy with how things are?

i think customs play a huge role in this.

People all over the world are still living like its the stone age, farm for food, live in the country side, etc...

the unwillingness to change, and being satisfied with how things are when they were growing up is fine with them. simple lifestyle. what they're used to.

Why go against the grain when your happy with how things are?

I think the size of Europe compared to the size of Africa has alot to do with it. Everything is alot closer in Europe, populations are dense in more places, within less miles from each other. Also, water surrounds a majority of the continent, so more supplies were able to be distributed to cities via ship. I understand that Africa is surrounded by water, but to get from one side to the other would have taken much longer strickly due to size. These are just a few of my thoughts.

I think the size of Europe compared to the size of Africa has alot to do with it. Everything is alot closer in Europe, populations are dense in more places, within less miles from each other. Also, water surrounds a majority of the continent, so more supplies were able to be distributed to cities via ship. I understand that Africa is surrounded by water, but to get from one side to the other would have taken much longer strickly due to size. These are just a few of my thoughts.

European society wasn't always the most "advanced" and civilized.....they rose to prominence with guns, slaves and blood.

European society wasn't always the most "advanced" and civilized.....they rose to prominence with guns, slaves and blood.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

image008.jpg

hadn't seen this theory before, and it does seem logical...it lends some credence to the notion that countries/cultures that have an abundance of natural resources tend to be less resourceful than those with fewer resources. culture played a big part too, it is not a coincidence that most of the peoples that have been subjugated had a particular view on their place in the world; as a part of the whole. different from europeans who seemingly tended to believe the world was theirs. culture affects how people view the world & live, and quite obviously, europeans have lived in largely dense population centers for longer (possibly leading to more infrastructure solutions) while sub-saharan africans, chinese, native americans, south americans, etc. generally were more spread out (leading to more dependence on the land). when you combine that with the slave trade for native americans & sub-saharan africans...it really isn't a surprise how things turned out

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

image008.jpg

hadn't seen this theory before, and it does seem logical...it lends some credence to the notion that countries/cultures that have an abundance of natural resources tend to be less resourceful than those with fewer resources. culture played a big part too, it is not a coincidence that most of the peoples that have been subjugated had a particular view on their place in the world; as a part of the whole. different from europeans who seemingly tended to believe the world was theirs. culture affects how people view the world & live, and quite obviously, europeans have lived in largely dense population centers for longer (possibly leading to more infrastructure solutions) while sub-saharan africans, chinese, native americans, south americans, etc. generally were more spread out (leading to more dependence on the land). when you combine that with the slave trade for native americans & sub-saharan africans...it really isn't a surprise how things turned out

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

lol wut? I wouldnt say America is more advanced than certain European countries. We are VERY behind in some aspects. But the answer to your question is money. Realistically where do you think America would be with out slavery and cotton? We also benefitting from a lot of good deals with European countries like the whole Louisiana purchase (straight raped/lowballed the French)

Back
Top Bottom