"Nothing Was The Same" After I Dropped That "Control" Verse...

Man fans are thirsty for a battle, the clip from the cypher wasn't even that hard of a diss and the hype is building. The whole Control verse and people analyzing Drake's reaction is just wack. Control reminded me of the 50 Cent era when guys were just dissing each other left and right because 50 popped doing it. These dudes aren't Nas and Jay, stop trying to pretend that them battling is something monumental. I know Drake has fallen out of favor with NT but you have to think that he has something up his sleeve if he's willing to bait Kendrick like he did.

The standards of rap just keep getting lower and lower, I liken the whole pajama thing to Cam when he dissed Jay for wearing chancletas, I have a feeling he'll consult Jay and react similarly.

Last edited:
drake has only one option to come out of this and save face because of the way hes handled it. but lets examine that. how else could drake have handled it, honestly? Its in his nature to be sensitive and in tune with his feminine side. of course he got his panties in a bunch once kendrick said his name. he probably gasped like "huh? me? why me? we supposed to be friends!" picked up a glass of strawberry moscato and started stomping around the house in his slippers angrily texting kendrick. you have to EXPECT that from drake tho, thats just what b*****s do.

now. its a badddddddd situation since drake publicly revealed how hurt he was. hes going around sounding like kendrick kicked him in his vagina. he took it seriously and pushed it to the next level by downplaying kendrick over and over. kendrick responded. drake is in a lose/lose/slightly-less-loss situation.

1. Drake responds flat out. He tries to go toe to toe with kendrick and gets put to shame publicly. His career/credibility as a rapper takes an unrecoverable hit. He'll still be ok cuz it seems like he doesnt care much about rapping anymore anyways according to his last album which sounded like a long drunk text to an ex.

2. Drake doesnt respond and everyone sees him as a coward and his credibility as a rapper takes a hit. It would elevate kendrick over drake in the eyes of those who didn't think drake could be touched. Seeing the "best" rapper fold under pressure is as bad as saying "ur dad cant beat my dad" then daddy gets put in the hospital. think kevin hart's dad vs steve, their octopus neighbor.

3. The BEST choice that nobody is considering...is that drake ACTUALLY steps up. The beef pushes drake to go harder (which it was intended to anyways) and drake puts out his hardest verse in a long time. Altho it wont matter because it still wont touch kendricks but if its good enough to hold its own.... he can still save face. people can at least say he stepped up and stood his ground. its not a total loss.

Last edited:
Drake needs to respond, there's no way around it. these two are on a collision course either they go at it now or in the future. they are still gonna bump into each other. it's good for the culture since it's been getting soft for a while.

Homie...

...one kid put out one of the best solo debuts in rap history last year, and the other kid just did damn near a million sold on one week.

This ain't some URL battle - if they go at it, the entire hip hop world is watching.

Bet that.

I'm not discrediting either one of their accomplishments, but this "beef" is just corny. I can't take any beef that sparks as the result of "Control" seriously. The amount of attention people pay to this (and with the prominence of Twitter, I know they will) doesn't legitimize the idea of collaborators Kendrick Lamar and Drake going at it over essentially nothing. I just want to hear good music and this just lame to me.

This thread is just solely hating on Drake now 
mean.gif

It's 2013; beef means nothing like it did back when

These two will be doing tracks together next summer

Drake & Kendrick are this generation's version of Jay & Nas, Drake is more of the top dog in mainstream rap meanwhile Kendrick is the upcoming lyricist whose path is on to greatness. it's only right for two of the best to go at it.

:lol: y'all going way too hard in here. Are we THAT deprived of a rap beef

Drizzy :pimp:

KING OF NEW YORK KDOT :pimp:

:lol: y'all going way too hard in here. Are we THAT deprived of a rap beef

Drizzy :pimp:

KING OF NEW YORK KDOT :pimp:

rap beef makes things more interesting, most these new rappers are scared of confrontation. and there's too much of these collabo tracks with 10 people on one single track these days. hip hop has turned softer than ever.

This ain't even a beef. If you think you're the best rapper prove it. That's it.

Oooooooooh Kendrick, don't make me, don't, don't make me, don't, don't make me....ooooooooooooooooooooh, have to catch a bodyyyyyyyy, have to catch a bodyyyyyyyyy, have to catch a bodyyyyy, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *Beyonce hands*
:rofl:

Leave Drizzy alone, he's only being honest. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Oooooooooh Kendrick, don't make me, don't, don't make me, don't, don't make me....ooooooooooooooooooooh, have to catch a bodyyyyyyyy, have to catch a bodyyyyyyyyy, have to catch a bodyyyyy, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *Beyonce hands*

I can smell the candles and perfume in the booth right now.

Am I the only one who feels like people aren't being honest with all of these music physician statements?

"This is good for hip-hop; hip-hop NEEDS this!" :lol:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel like a lot of great albums dropped this year alone, and at no point did I find myself saying that a few lines trying to start a confrontation would have made any of them better. I don't think it's about hip-hop needing it so much as it about dudes just being bored and looking for some drama to entertain themselves with.

Nas called Jay ugly for four and a half minutes?! :wow: Hip-Hop will be such a better place because of this.

I understand that hip-hop was founded with competition as a core, but all I ever need is for rappers to want to go harder lyrically than others (as subjective as that is). I personally don't find amusement from dudes coming at necks only to inevitably reconcile later since these rap beefs tend to start over nothing. Jay told Angie back in 2001 that he could see himself never talking to Nas again. Look what happened there, and look at what a "huge" impact that has on hip-hop in 2013.

Just saying.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who feels like people aren't being honest with all of these music physician statements?

"This is good for hip-hop; hip-hop NEEDS this!" :lol:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel like a lot of great albums dropped this year alone, and at no point did I find myself saying that a few lines trying to start a confrontation would have made any of them better. I don't think it's about hip-hop needing it so much as it about dudes just being bored and looking for some drama to entertain themselves with.

Nas called Jay ugly for four and a half minutes?! :wow: Hip-Hop will be such a better place because of this.

I understand that hip-hop was founded with competition as a core, but all I ever need is for rappers to want to go harder lyrically than others (as subjective as that is). I personally don't find amusement from dudes coming at necks only to inevitably reconcile later since these rap beefs tend to start over nothing. Jay told Angie back in 2001 that he could see himself never talking to Nas again. Look what happened there, and look at what a "huge" impact that has on hip-hop in 2013.

Just saying.

are you against battling or something ?

Ether will go down as one of the biggest moments in Hip Hop history :lol: :smh:

are you against battling or something ?

Ether will go down as one of the biggest moments in Hip Hop history :lol: :smh:

Why would that be the first assumption you draw from my statement? I don't mind battling at all, but I don't feel like it's absolutely necessary. In this case it's really not even over anything.

Yeah, Ether will always be a big moment, but I fail to see how it affected Hip-Hop on a long scale term outside of coining a term and giving Jay the biggest L of his career.

Battles are necessary IMO. It's one of the many things that makes Hip Hop what it is. I loved listening to Nas vs Jay and Beans vs Kiss in the early 00's. **** is classic music.

I got a little story to tell that is releate to this thread..

I was kicking it with two friends today.. One is a Kendrick fan and one is a drake fan.. (I'm a Kendrick fan btw)

Me and my friend(Kendrick fan) was hype listening to that little snippet of Kendrick cypher..so we're talking about it.. My friend (drake fan) was looking upset.. I ask him "what's up?"

He said that he doesn't believe that Lamar was talking about Drake..and the cypher didn't make any sense..

Me and my friend(Kendrick fan) was like "WTH" so I decided to break down the cypher to my friend(Drake fan)

"Nothing was the same is drake album title.. Drake is a sensitive rapper.. Drake goes to the club in his pajamas..(Show him the photo) If you talking about the way Kendrick is wording the verse stating that it doesn't make sense..The reason behind this is because its a cypher/ a freestyle.."

After I was done explaining the cypher.. My friend(Kendrick fan) proceed to give me a high five..

5nBvU6z.gif

:rofl:

Funny that all the drake fans are talking down on hip hop beef. The ****** r basically playing a sport u should wanna see the best compete with each other. We cool but when we step in that booth imma kill everybody. Drake the kinda dude who gets mad when his homie plays defense on him when their on separate teams

Funny that all the drake fans are talking down on hip hop beef. The ****** r basically playing a sport u should wanna see the best compete with each other. We cool but when we step in that booth imma kill everybody. Drake the kinda dude who gets mad when his homie plays defense on him when their on separate teams
I don't think anyone has done that man, I doubt anyone has a problem with rap beef. What the "Drake fans" myself included have been commenting on is how this thread has been from the jump. Kendrick has rarely been discussed, the conversation was always about how Drake doesn't want any problems, I hope he gets killed,discussing dudes character,etc etc etc.

This is one of those threads where being a fan of both is a foreign concept, people are in here labeling themselves as Kendrick or Drake fans.

Maybe when the BET Awards happen this thread will actually go back to being what it's supposed to be about but right now it's a disguised Drake hate thread.

Back
Top Bottom