"Nothing Was The Same" After I Dropped That "Control" Verse...

I was just about to post the papoose connection. I think Kendrick got at both of them, they were the only 2 artist to get butthurt over the verse. Why go at Papoose? Because although he isn't a big name he is someone that Kendrick brought out for Summerjam when NOBODY gave two ***** about him at all and he's been talking ruthless on known radio stations, and doesn't he have a mixtape with Kendricks head chopped off on the cover? :lol:

Also, if he wasn't going at Drake he wouldn't have said anything that would have implied something different especially since all eyes are on him and Drake. They are some damn fools for the high five :lol:

All depends on when this was recorded. Drake started acting weird about it early last week, so if it was recorded before that, Drake foretold of his own actions on Tuscan Leather:

Get hype in interviews on tracks and jump in front of a bullet you wasn't meant for

^ It doesn't make sense because there is no denying the nothing was the same reference is only directed towards Drake. Its not for papoose

He actually said "Nothing been the same", which makes that connection a bit less clear. The OP of this thread just heard that part how he wanted to and run with it as such.

:stoneface:

...I made this thread when he spit the verse on Sunday and all N's had to go off of was twitter field reports.

And don't try to weasel out on a technicality - that line is obviously a reference to Drake...

Last edited:
All depends on when this was recorded. Drake started acting weird about it early last week, so if it was recorded before that, Drake foretold of his own actions on Tuscan Leather:

Get hype in interviews on tracks and jump in front of a bullet you wasn't meant for

I think it still could have been a slight jab at Drake saying he's not killing him on any platform but who knows

So now y'all just gonna ignore the fact he started off the clip by saying "Nothing Was the same after I dropped that control verse"?

I fully believe he's getting at Pap too, but you're about to ignore him mentioning the man's album title within the exact same week it dropped?

:lol:

Denial.

So now y'all just gonna ignore the fact he started off the clip by saying "Nothing Was the same after I dropped that control verse"?

I fully believe he's getting at Pap too, but you're about to ignore him mentioning the man's album title within the exact same week it dropped?

laugh.gif

Denial.
Not denying anything, it was just a mind blowing perspective on it. Papoose hasnt crossed anyone but Tha Flashy Ones mind in the last two weeks. He had it 4.5 hours of relevance and went back to Bolivia

Last edited:
we got like 5 extreme haters of Drake; rotational NTers seeing both sides and people who discovered the newly crowned "King of NY" over the weekend who knew Swimming Pools and maybe Poetic Justice

"In April, Drake dissed Chris Brown in an interview. He also said that he was not interested in battling Chris Brown at the time because he felt no one would be interested in that match-up.

“His insecurities are the reason I make better music than him,” added Drizzy.

"It's not me and Kendrick [Lamar]," Drake said. "It's not me and [Jay Z]. You're not gonna get anything out of it."

Hope you meant that.

Last edited:
So now y'all just gonna ignore the fact he started off the clip by saying "Nothing's Was  Been  the same after I dropped that control verse"?
Fixed. And it's genius because he can say it was a coincidence when asked about it but in the back of everyone's head . . . 

I was thinking it was all for Drake, seeing the Papoose connections, I think it could be two birds with one stone. Skillz was saying its another "Control" verse, who knows who else he got at.

BTW, anyone seen Ab Soul lately? I didn't see him in the snippet.

Kendrick is really the king of N.Y.. if he intentionally created a double entendre diss in the cypher!!

Hahahahahahaha

As soon as I heard that verse, I couldn't wait to see the few Drake groupies in here. Antidope, Stillin729 and Gordonson :lol: (and don't even bother disputing it fellas, you guys are all over the Drake thread and this thread defending Drake but it's cool)

Your responses are priceless in here.

As for Drake. I expect him to discredit the verse and Kendrick in some interviews. Then maybe a "subliminal" in a song or two. "I put you on my album so the world could know you" No way is Drake gonna actually write a diss track.

Pappoose also thinks it was about him View media item 601852

Son, this **** has me weak :rofl:

This is a bigger diss than anything Kendrick could even say. My man called him sweetheart :rofl:

Papoose is smart. Money knows this has not a damn thing to do with him but he's trying to ride this buzz as much as he can without even being involved :smokin

Back
Top Bottom