"Nothing Was The Same" After I Dropped That "Control" Verse...

I need the lyrics from Royces verse..

Those bars with the "in our out of your mind looking through the blinds" refrences were
nthat.gif

106 & Park's twitter posted links to the unedited versions of the cyphers but I'm at my internship so I can't post them right now

i think i had a problem hearing crooked's verse because of the audio and the censoring, etc. I'll have to listen again when the raw version drops. for cyphers the punch line/multi's always win, thats why i gave it to joell, dude is perfect for that venue. kendrick just isn't that nice man. i listened to his verse then read the transcript, **** was just alright. not saying he's wack, but yall gassing dude. i had high expectations that fell flat.

You're entitled to your own personal preference. But to sit here and say that his verse was just alright and then tell me that Joell's punch lines/multi's were just that crazy and you gave him the best performance hands down is a head scratcher my man. I've been listening to him since his first freestyle on HipHopGame and this was no where near stand out work, I'm Sorry.

If you're just not a fan of him as a rapper and that's cool, a little odd, but cool nonetheless.

Those bars with the "in our out of your mind looking through the blinds" refrences were :nthat:

Royce was getting off too. :pimp:

Last edited:
i think i had a problem hearing crooked's verse because of the audio and the censoring, etc. I'll have to listen again when the raw version drops. for cyphers the punch line/multi's always win, thats why i gave it to joell, dude is perfect for that venue. kendrick just isn't that nice man. i listened to his verse then read the transcript, **** was just alright. not saying he's wack, but yall gassing dude. i had high expectations that fell flat.

You're entitled to your own personal preference. But to sit here and say that his verse was just alright and then tell me that Joell's punch lines/multi's were just that crazy and you gave him the best performance hands down is a head scratcher my man. I've been listening to him since his first freestyle on HipHopGame and this was no where near stand out work, I'm Sorry.

If you're just not a fan of him as a rapper and that's cool, a little odd, but cool nonetheless.

Those bars with the "in our out of your mind looking through the blinds" refrences were :nthat:

Royce was getting off too. :pimp:

no I'm saying, I like K.dot, I think that's why my expectations were so high, and then the fact we got that 15 seconds of audio a couple weeks ago of him going at drake, so it tricked me into thinking that that was how the whole verse would be. imo his verse was just alright. he makes great songs though. to me all of slaughterhouse went harder, and that's not being biased, I just have an ear for east coast flow i guess...sans crooked I and royce. I'm still waiting for the uncensored joints to drop so i can review them again. all of my judgement has been based on one listen in real time watching the show. i could very well be gassing slaughterhouse as well, so I'll keep it extra real when i listen again.

I mess with most of ASAP and you can tell they got real camaraderie, always getting loose with each other in cyphs/freestyles.  If only they had the bars to match the energy
laugh.gif

Am I the only who can see something like this happening

-drake reads 48 laws of power

-feels like he has ny on his side because Kendrick claimed himself as KONY, so the wu tang forever song drops in attempts to make allies from all major regions.

-Kendrick constantly drops this heat, hip hop is fickle, and in return all the guys drake perceived to be loyal start saying drake is my n, but...."Kendrick is killing everyone"

-drake catches feeling and continues on his no new friends campaign.

what does that have to do with anything? since when do pants rap?
If you allow that in your consideration of whats ok for Hip Hop be my guest.

Normally this doesn't signal that a 16 filled with flames is about to come next.

I'm not beting on the guy in the roll up shorts to drop some bars if I walk into a spot. Just saying...

Last night my theory was not tested... Dudes verse was luke warm.

This isnt the charts...its a cypher. Everything else doesn't matter.

Am I the only who can see something like this happening

-drake reads 48 laws of power

-feels like he has ny on his side because Kendrick claimed himself as KONY, so the wu tang forever song drops in attempts to make allies from all major regions.

-Kendrick constantly drops this heat, hip hop is fickle, and in return all the guys drake perceived to be loyal start saying drake is my n, but...."Kendrick is killing everyone"

-drake catches feeling and continues on his no new friends campaign.
You say it as if 80% of this hasn't happened already

My take straight up on the cyphers was that Kendrick Killed it.

Crooked killed it and i never really **** wit his stuff. and everyone else dropped off mediocre verses with not really one memorable line. (including joe and when he's on i think he could lyrically go head to head with ANYONE) so while Rocky's verse wasn't lyrically better than slaughterhouse his overall verse was more memorable to me due to them actually creating a song out of the cypher. That is all

You say it as if 80% of this hasn't happened already

Fair enough. More or less wanted to point it out because it seems like drake often pursues relationships based on business opportunities and strategical positioning. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but what goes around comes around, and I think Kendrick going at him is drakes "coming around"

more importantly man every since Kendrick been shinin' I feel like Ab and Q been getting lazy
mean.gif
Rock tho!!!!!!!
Q is droppin an album and did pretty good if you ask me, Soul did good but he didn't seem all that interested, but I think he'll drop another tape probably early 2014.

Rock does need to drop a tape people don't give him enough credit

The only thing that sucks about this is no matter how hard Kendrick gets at him Drake can move around outside Hip-Hop and not lose a step.

The only thing that sucks about this is no matter how hard Kendrick gets at him Drake can move around outside Hip-Hop and not lose a step.

You say it sucks, I think that's the beauty of drakes music and wish it was what he actually stuck with most of the time.

I hope he completely moves away from rap and people stop associating him with it and reference him as the pop act he is

Joell Ortiz the best out of Slaughterhouse ? huh ?

i guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion . personally i think people who really appreciate flow and lyrical ability (multiples , assonance , consonance , alliteration , etc) love Kendricks verse , for example :

I’m more Pappy Mason than Pastor Mason
Pacing back and forth
Racing my thoughts on embracing data

to me the way he spat the above is absolutely filthy :x . to others , not so much

Back
Top Bottom