NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Bout to cancel my cable and try out PlayStation Vue. Seems to have a decent channel lineup. Well I got ATT unlimited plan so might go with DIRECTV now

Last edited:
Oh man...

Hulu is getting every episode of Bob’s Burgers, Futurama, and more

Hulu is becoming an animation powerhouse. The streaming service announced today that it’s now the exclusive home for the complete libraries of Bob’s Burgers and Futurama, along with The Cleveland Show and past seasons of American Dad! The move comes out of a new agreement between Hulu and 20th Century Fox, and helps cement the service’s position as a major go-to for fans of American animation.

Episodes for Bob’s Burgers and The Cleveland Show are now available, and the complete seasons of Futurama and American Dad! will be folded into Hulu’s library over the next few weeks. The shows join Hulu’s other exclusive offerings in South Park, The Boondocks, Adventure Time, and others.

“Since our inception, one of the things that has consistently remained true is that Hulu viewers love animation,” said Hulu’s VP of content acquisition Lisa Holme. “That’s why we are incredibly proud to offer even more beloved animated comedies through this new deal.”

All this comes as Fox and Netflix show signs of parting ways when it comes to content. Earlier this year, Bob’s Burgers and American Dad! both left the service behind, along with shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Luckily, Netflix still has its own exclusivity deal with Disney that makes it unmissable for lovers of the studios animated movies like Moana. But fans who love cartoons will need to think seriously about subscribing to Hulu if they want to enjoy some of the best animated sitcoms on TV.

Thank you!!! I was too hurt after Bob's disappeared from Netflix. I was just talking to my wife yesterday about how it was weird that Hulu only had the current season and nothing else. You would think that since Fox has some stake in Hulu that they would have it all. I guess someone heard our convo and got things going. :lol:

Happy to see it. I need Hulu to get some offline rights ASAP. And soon a Hulu TV app for Android TV

Thinking of getting SLING before football season starts. Anyone have it? Quality of sports channels?

Sling is cool. Used it mainly for Viceland for a few months. I know they definitely have ESPN and ESPNEWS. Not sure about any others.

I'm using DirecTV Now. Best value for me IMO. Fox Sports and ESPN channels. HBO is what really got me, though. Needed to make sure I could watch Thrones since I cut the cord officially last month.

Cut the cord with Direct TV last week... got free trials of Hulu, Youtube TV, Direct TV Now to hold me over. Today, I called in to see what reconnect offers they had... and just like that.. free Sunday Ticket, 3 months of premium channels, $10 off my bill, and a $200 gift card. Total is $87 for 5 boxes and Choice package, but more than worth it because of the DVR and access to Spectrum Sports Channel for Lakers, and Sunday Ticket. Definitely worth the effort.

Definitely considering PS Vue. Most likely the core package for $44/month

Paying about $165 for cable + internet + phone right now :x

Definitely considering PS Vue. Most likely the core package for $44/month

Paying about $165 for cable + internet + phone right now
sick.gif
I have PS Vue now.  Pretty good.  Sucks they raised each level $10 though. 

Signed up for SlingTV tonight before the Real Madrid match. Blue package + Sports package for $35 a month. Loving it so far. This plus the firestick is really all we need in our home.

Looks like I'm going to cave in and go back to Direc TV. This standard antenna for basic channels just isn't cutting it. Been living here at my new apt for about 6 months now. I get the worst reception. Hardly any channels show up. With football season coming up, Im not about to be struggling just to watch a game.

Newbie question here: but what kinda Internet speed do you guys need for most of these services? Only options around my way are Xfinity and FIOS both of which are trash in their own way.

All these unnecessary channels they add to packages. Waiting on netflix to jump on the train.

My brother wants the nbatv channel. I looked how much it was to just add that channel, and said nope. I need an ala carte service, so many damn channels included in a package. I should have the option to get rid of some for a cheaper bill.

What I was afraid of when people decided to use fire stick as a verb, drawing attention. Can't let nobody have nothing.

http://mashable.com/2017/08/09/kodi-box-firestick-that-****-illegal-streaming-piracy/#ul20l0Tk7aqB

Was just talking to my folks about this and I don't know where to start lol

Are the jail broken firesticks better than the JB android boxes? Or vice versa?

If it's the boxes , is there a particular one I should be looking for ?

Also I'm assuming it's not hard to just jailbreak myself?

Just get a firestick for 40 and ur set. No need to spend anymore than that. You can jailbreak yourself in 10 min

Right now I have Ps Vue for 30 and am paying for HBO just to support GoT. Other than that I'm using everybodues else's logins for literally everything else.

So 30 a month vs at least 120 for basic Cable. It's a no brainer

Back
Top Bottom