NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Been thinking about it for a while, but I'm gonna officially do it now. Just don't know if I should go with the Roku or Firestick.

Signed up for SlingTV tonight before the Real Madrid match. Blue package + Sports package for $35 a month. Loving it so far. This plus the firestick is really all we need in our home.

Just to ask, why would you need both the roku and firestick?

Also, does anybody have the Roku tv?

For someone who doesn't know much about it, I get a snarky response. I thought slingtv was a separate device.

For someone who doesn't know much about it, I get a snarky response. I thought slingtv was a separate device.

SlingTV is just an app. You pick station packages you like and pay a monthly sub depending on what and how many you pick.

I have it on my fire stick, im not sure what Roku has since Roku is lowkey fugazi

I used to read this thread and think y'all were crazy but we finally cut the cord about 6 months ago.

Firestick for most tv shows
Netflix
And ive been getting really lucky with youtube streams for live sports. Major games have been popping up in the recommendations but ill see how football season is.

Got me a roku and wish I would've done so a while ago. I looked through my tv guide and I only watch Vice, Comedy Central, and Family Feud. :rofl:

Just wish it could support Kodi without the mirroring through a phone. May have to get a firestick one day for that.

I've cut the cord and had sling for about 3 months now...now here comes the real test, football is here and sling doesn't offer my local fox channel(Panthers). I'm gonna have to use my moms direct tv account on the tablet and mirror it on the tv. If that don't work I'm calling up spectrum.

I've cut the cord and had sling for about 3 months now...now here comes the real test, football is here and sling doesn't offer my local fox channel(Panthers). I'm gonna have to use my moms direct tv account on the tablet and mirror it on the tv. If that don't work I'm calling up spectrum.

Can't you use a digital antenna to get your local stations?

It's a virtual private network. You pay a monthly fee for the service and has less restrictions than what your internet provider has.

Got me a roku and wish I would've done so a while ago. I looked through my tv guide and I only watch Vice, Comedy Central, and Family Feud. :rofl:

Just wish it could support Kodi without the mirroring through a phone. May have to get a firestick one day for that.

I use to have a Roku, then bought a fire stick and fire TV box. I can tell you right now, return the roku and get either one of those

It's a virtual private network. You pay a monthly fee for the service and has less restrictions than what your internet provider has.

The premium version of Adguard has a built in VPN. Not sure how well it works though

I use to have a Roku, then bought a fire stick and fire TV box. I can tell you right now, return the roku and get either one of those

Yeah ima get a fire stick. Wish I could evenly exchange instead of waiting to get my money back.

Last edited:
I've had roku for a while and have everything i need on it. Netflix , Amazon Prime,sling tv(with this i have literally everysports channel available) and the Espn app,and HBO Go

Just picked up a fire stick today cuz my friend said he can install this kodi app. Don't really need it but for 40 bucks why the hell not.

Last edited:
I've never had cable

my only experience with cable was when I lived with my parents over a decade ago

Last edited:
Just reminding everyone - again - that promoting media piracy will get you banned.

We don't want people abusing the site to facilitate criminal activity. Please respect that.

I edited my post from earlier just in case. I didn't know about this site rule. Feel free to delete my post tho if it's crossing the line.

Back
Top Bottom