NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

You will find a way to adjust.

Just split league pass and NFL Sunday Ticket the same way @Peep Game splits the WWE Network ($9.99) 4 WAYS with his step--brother, little cousin AND Uncle

Doesn't things like the NBA league pass have like blackout days and **** like that to where you can't watch all of the games?

Doesn't things like the NBA league pass have like blackout days and **** like that to where you can't watch all of the games?
Yea, there are ways to fill in those gaps.

I just feel like paying the cable companies all of that money isn't worth it.

In the end, you will be fine man.

Break away from the chains

Yea, there are ways to fill in those gaps.

I just feel like paying the cable companies all of that money isn't worth it.

In the end, you will be fine man.

Break away from the chains

I already have a Firestick and Sling. Just struggling with watching all the basketball games I want.

I already have a Firestick and Sling. Just struggling with watching all the basketball games I want.

I feel you man. I was once there. I didn't want to miss ANYTHING. But then life happened and I realized I can only watch one game at a time and I am chasing something that can never be caught.

You will figure out what is best for you

Going to give cable cutting a try by going with an Apple TV with Hulu, Netlix, and Amazon Prime (through my PS4, since there isn't an apple TV app yet).

I cut the cord in March and haven't looked back. Got a good IPTV service that gets me everything so I haven't missed any sports. My biggest worry was Sunday for the walking dead and I have no complaints.

I'm holdin' off on YouTube TV and Hulu TV until they drop an app for Android TV. Not trying to cast from my tablet, rather have that integrated with the MiBox. Might be getting a smart TV for Christmas which may force me to

Gonna be in that fire stick wave real soon when I get my apartnent. I just need a solid internet provider in either nyc or NJ. Any suggestions I know optimum is in nyc like Brooklyn or queens which I’m likely to stay. But what about NJ?

I mainly watch YouTube, Netflix and used Amazon prime services. Just need a solid device to do the job and a Decenct TV for my vewing pleasures.

Gonna be in that fire stick wave real soon when I get my apartnent. I just need a solid internet provider in either nyc or NJ. Any suggestions I know optimum is in nyc like Brooklyn or queens which I’m likely to stay. But what about NJ?

I mainly watch YouTube, Netflix and used Amazon prime services. Just need a solid device to do the job and a Decenct TV for my vewing pleasures.

with that criteria, all you need is a chromecast ($30.00).

Good looks I’m gonna try both, I’ve used the 1st gen chrome cast it’s was cool but I wanna try something non-google.

How’s the Apple TV I’ve used at Best Buy how’s it as home device if anyone’s knows.

I think people have soured on the ChromeCast at this point, no?

word. i have as well, but from his post he just wanted netflix, amazon, youtube...hehe, pretty much perfect for chromecast. just to update, i'm happy with my setup and maybe i can help someone out:

Slingtv orange ($20.00) and added the sports package for $5 which includes all FS and PAC12 channels, BT sports, and NBATV. My priorities are pretty much NBA, Sports, basic cable channels and this is perfect for me.... all for $25 a month.

- all national NBA games (tnt, espn, nbatv) then you still have your local HD antenna for ABC games
- ESPN 1-3, FS sports, BT sports, and all these other weird ones for soccer/futbol lol
- amc, tnt, tbs, vice, hgtv, food, etc...u can see all the basic HD channels here...pretty much basic cable that i was used to:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/sling-orange-blue-faq,news-22923.html

I'd say the only people a chromecast is perfect for are people who are determined not to have to deal with a new interface and rather just cast from their current devices.

Chromecast would never be my primary device, just a good option to keep around in case. Don't want my phone tied up.

Exactly. We have one but got tired of needing to rely on another device to play something on it. I'd ALMOST suggest a Roku stick over a chromecast. Roku is just to closed

Debating if I should give directTV now a try. But I feel that Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, and HBO Go is enough for my needs.

HBO Now has been out for a while. Just one plan for I think $15 a month.

Last edited:
Chromecast would never be my primary device, just a good option to keep around in case. Don't want my phone tied up.

I have an Android tablet that I use to cast to my Chromecasts. I am cool with the Chromecast. Bringing up an app on my tablet and casting is pretty simple. I use YouTubeTV for my "cable" so some device like a Chromecast is the only way to get that on my TV. In one room I have a Xbox, so I can use media apps on there instead of Chromecast.

I just use it when I travel for job purposes

Also this. Travel wise it is up there

I have an Android tablet that I use to cast to my Chromecasts. I am cool with the Chromecast. Bringing up an app on my tablet and casting is pretty simple. I use YouTubeTV for my "cable" so some device like a Chromecast is the only way to get that on my TV. In one room I have a Xbox, so I can use media apps on there instead of Chromecast.

Used to use my LG tablet the same way but ended up getting a box because I wanted to use the tablet while casting and it usually would disconnect whatever was being casted if I changed apps

word. i have as well, but from his post he just wanted netflix, amazon, youtube...hehe, pretty much perfect for chromecast. just to update, i'm happy with my setup and maybe i can help someone out:

Slingtv orange ($20.00) and added the sports package for $5 which includes all FS and PAC12 channels, BT sports, and NBATV. My priorities are pretty much NBA, Sports, basic cable channels and this is perfect for me.... all for $25 a month.

- all national NBA games (tnt, espn, nbatv) then you still have your local HD antenna for ABC games
- ESPN 1-3, FS sports, BT sports, and all these other weird ones for soccer/futbol lol
- amc, tnt, tbs, vice, hgtv, food, etc...u can see all the basic HD channels here...pretty much basic cable that i was used to:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/sling-orange-blue-faq,news-22923.html
might get your set up...:emoji_fire:

anyone with slingTV...are there user account limitations?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom