NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I am rocking with YouTubeTV, NBA League Pass, Netflix, and I am on someone's Hulu account. That works for me. Get my local channels, my sports channels, NBA and Netflix. More importantly I am saving over $110/month over what I was paying for cable.

word. i have as well, but from his post he just wanted netflix, amazon, youtube...hehe, pretty much perfect for chromecast. just to update, i'm happy with my setup and maybe i can help someone out:

Slingtv orange ($20.00) and added the sports package for $5 which includes all FS and PAC12 channels, BT sports, and NBATV. My priorities are pretty much NBA, Sports, basic cable channels and this is perfect for me.... all for $25 a month.

- all national NBA games (tnt, espn, nbatv) then you still have your local HD antenna for ABC games
- ESPN 1-3, FS sports, BT sports, and all these other weird ones for soccer/futbol lol
- amc, tnt, tbs, vice, hgtv, food, etc...u can see all the basic HD channels here...pretty much basic cable that i was used to:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/sling-orange-blue-faq,news-22923.html
How do you like SlingTV? Any issues or things that could be better?

I am rocking with YouTubeTV, NBA League Pass, Netflix, and I am on someone's Hulu account. That works for me. Get my local channels, my sports channels, NBA and Netflix. More importantly I am saving over $110/month over what I was paying for cable.
Youtube TV any good?

Sling quality is good thinking of getting rid of cable been rocking Kodi for a minute but paying for the set top boxes etc is a waste, mostly for my girl but sling has most the channels she watches

Once somebody makes a sports package available, cutting the cord would be perfect

Yeah they're just basic network channels. I mean a package in which we could watch all the nba games without any problems. NBA league pass is trash to me.

I'm not sure any package would be able to even offer that but you could try r/nbastreams

Yeah they're just basic network channels. I mean a package in which we could watch all the nba games without any problems. NBA league pass is trash to me.

if you’re looking for a legal streaming service for NBA games without blackout areas, good luck with that.

let us know when you find one.

and no, they’re not just BASIC network channels offered on Sling for sports

Last edited:
FS1, all 700 ESPN channels and all that other stuff they have is basic to me. And there isn't one which is why I said I once someone makes a package that provided what I wanted

Is it worth the price and is it smooth?

(worth it)
for what i use it for, yes.
while you can use it for Kodi, Plex, Netflix, Hulu, etc. i mostly watch content off a dedicated external drive

im buying 2 more for my other TV’s

smooth? in what way?
streaming media or streaming games?

streaming media is fine, the games have a bit of lag but there are certain settings to alleviate it.

im not a big gamer so i havent tried too hard to get rid of the lag.

the Google Assistant update is cool too

(worth it)
for what i use it for, yes.
while you can use it for Kodi, Plex, Netflix, Hulu, etc. i mostly watch content off a dedicated external drive

im buying 2 more for my other TV’s

smooth? in what way?
streaming media or streaming games?

streaming media is fine, the games have a bit of lag but there are certain settings to alleviate it.

im not a big gamer so i havent tried too hard to get rid of the lag.

the Google Assistant update is cool too

Cool looks like I'll be getting one for christmas.

FS1, all 700 ESPN channels and all that other stuff they have is basic to me. And there isn't one which is why I said I once someone makes a package that provided what I wanted

there is a service that provides EVERYTHING sports, but its IPTV service. If you know what that is and comfortable setting it up, google it.

Cool looks like I'll be getting one for christmas.

i forgot to add that you can install emulators too

no hacking
no modding
no side loading
just install straight from the Google play store

also, some would argue that a Roku or AppleTV will play content off an external drive, but a lot of formats they wont play

Kodi on the Shield plays everything you throw at it like VLC player

x265 support
and HDR if im not mistaken

Yo son, who the **** has heard of SET TV? That **** is $20 a month, over 500 channels. All the sports games and movie channels. PPV, Sunday Ticket, NBA package and all. They to everything. **** is crazy. About to sign up for it

Yo son, who the **** has heard of SET TV? That **** is $20 a month, over 500 channels. All the sports games and movie channels. PPV, Sunday Ticket, NBA package and all. They to everything. **** is crazy. About to sign up for it

I saw something about it on Reddit and was waiting to see if nters were up on it. Definitely looks good though so I may just try it.

Back
Top Bottom