NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Just want to restate this fact. For those of you that are scared of "missing out on stuff" ; I get it. I was the same way. But just take the leap man. The amount of money you will be saving, longterm, will make you feel that much better. Your tastes will change depending on what IS available to you.

SlingTV is a great option though. I had it for about a month and I wanted to keep it past the Intro Period.

But I am sure yall all can find a friend/parent and use their Comcast/DirectTV login for stuff.

You will figure it out. Take the leap

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican is 100% on the missing out stuff. I'm mean even if you're a sports junkie with an decent internet connection you'll be able to stream games or whatever. There might be an adjustment period, but the money you save alone is worth whatever hassle you have to deal with. If I didn't get free cable already, I would've definitely cut the cord years ago.

For me I stopped watching the NFL this year so its only basketball and some college football games.

I use my mothers cable log in for Watch ESPN, TNT and MSG. Cast to the TV or plug the labtop into the TV with a HDMI cord and im good.

Gave the 3 day trial for set tv a try yesterday. It’s on point. No lag or any issues other than coming across at least 5 channels out of like the 200 I tested that had no video input. But 500 channels tho :pimp:

One thing I would say is I wish the TV guide says what sports games are on instead of clicking each channel to see who’s playing.

Any other iptv I should try out? Anyone heard of Gears TV?

I wish Vader let you try it out first. I'll give SetTV a run until probably end of December. Then see what Vader is like.

To the people with SlingTV using Chromecast, is it laggy for you guys? Everytime I watch anything on sling, it has like a 1-2 second muting every few minutes. It's so annoying.

It's not my ISP, because when I stream Netflix it works perfectly fine.

To the people with SlingTV using Chromecast, is it laggy for you guys? Everytime I watch anything on sling, it has like a 1-2 second muting every few minutes. It's so annoying.

It's not my ISP, because when I stream Netflix it works perfectly fine.

I don't have but sound like latency issues. With the device interface. Software bug fix will resolve the issue.

How do you watch sports ppvs? Like I know I can buy ufc ppvs through the ufc app. But how can I buy boxing ppv without cable?

Anyone have any app recommendations for the Apple TV?

Still waiting for Amazon Prime. In the meantime, I'm using the app off my TV.

I tried all this stuff. Decided to get the cord back. It’s the difference between paying $148 and $100. I prefer to come home and simply have it all. No lag. Never down. Would rather spend one less day out, skip one restaurant night, or save the money elsewhere. Time is too valuable to mess around.

Back
Top Bottom