NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I tried all this stuff. Decided to get the cord back. It’s the difference between paying $148 and $100. I prefer to come home and simply have it all. No lag. Never down. Would rather spend one less day out, skip one restaurant night, or save the money elsewhere. Time is too valuable to mess around.

$100? For what

No one every answered my question about watching legal PPVs without cable outside of the UFC.

Like for showtime boxing PPVs and HBO PPVs, where could one buy those and watch on a streaming platform?

All I'll say is AirPlay on your iPhone + AirServer app on X-Box One = Money.

IDK nothing about these Kodi boxes or these jailbroken firesticks y'all talmbout.

Saw that YouTube news and had no idea YouTube even worked on fire TV. Had to use it via Kodi.
I am pissed simply because I was so much content on my firestick via YouTube.

Pissed.

I have an Xbox though, so I am still good, but when I am not home or traveling, this is an inconvenience

Saw the notice of youtube being removed from firestick. Annoyed. I mostly watch youtube and netflix on it.

Google has the cojones. Amazon is gonna bend thier backs like prostitutes and take the D from google.

The tit for tat game has been going on for a while. I remember they removed the "cast" option when you watched Netflix on the fire tablets.

Last edited:
The tit for tat game has been going on for a while. I remember they removed the "cast" option when you watched Netflix on the fire tablets.

Yeah, i know they are attacking each other. Which is funny cause, i believe amazon fire stick runs some version of Android Operating system for it work, and i know for sure the fire tablet uses a form of Android. Which Google licenses it out for free for oem.

I have multiple chromecast in the crib. Never used a fire stick. However Google is going to win cause youtube is a free service unless you pay for youtube tv for broadcast channels and stuff. Amazon fire stick owners will want that youtube feature and go to chromecast device route for youtube. amazon is currently stopped selliing google products like nest and other google branded stuff through amazon. Either way google will win this little battle that amazon is try finesse them with.

Yeah, i know they are attacking each other. Which is funny cause, i believe amazon fire stick runs some version of Android Operating system for it work, and i know for sure the fire tablet uses a form of Android. Which Google licenses it out for free for oem.

I have multiple chromecast in the crib. Never used a fire stick. However Google is going to win cause youtube is a free service unless you pay for youtube tv for broadcast channels and stuff. Amazon fire stick owners will want that youtube feature and go to chromecast device route for youtube. amazon is currently stopped selliing google products like nest and other google branded stuff through amazon. Either way google will win this little battle that amazon is try finesse them with.

Amazon def uses Android. You can sideload android apps to Amazon devices unless those apps require Google Play Services to be installed and that's either impossible or impossibly hard to do for an Amazon device. When I had my HDX it was only one website giving instructions on how to add it but it didn't work for me. So native Google apps like YouTube, Gmail, Maps will not install on Amazon devices.

Amazon will eventually give in, idk what they are askin' for be Google will "win" a bit more

Xfinity im getting about 55-60mbps, they charge $30,plus $10 for the gateway. Isnt the fastest but sling on my smart tv runs smooth.

Running sling, plus kodi/popcornT app on my sony android tv is all i need.

Last edited:
Xfinity im getting about 55-60mbps, they charge $30,plus $10 for the gateway. Isnt the fastest but sling on my smart tv runs smooth.

Running sling, plus kodi/popcornT app on my sony android tv is all i need.
ok, i got charter high speed and its great was just trying to see if it was something cheaper out there

This $19 device gives your Fire TV a huge speed boost

There’s nothing worse than sitting down to stream a movie only to have it repeatedly freeze because other people in your home are clogging up your Wi-Fi. What you might not know, however, is that there’s a simple accessory that can make sure that never happens to you again. If you have a Fire TV Stick or an All-New Fire TV, there’s a simple accessory that you should buy immediately. It’s called the UGREEN Ethernet Adapter, and it adds an Ethernet port to your streaming device to give you wired internet speeds 100% of the time. Is your home not wired for Ethernet? Don’t worry, just pick up a powerline internet adapter like this one and you can convert your regular old wall outlets into Ethernet ports in about 2 seconds!

https://www.google.com/amp/bgr.com/...12/11/amazon-fire-tv-accessories-speed-boost/

Cable was cut off for like a week and I didn't miss it other than basketball. Mom and grandma came in town for the week and basically demanded that I get it cut back on.

Cable was cut off for like a week and I didn't miss it other than basketball. Mom and grandma came in town for the week and basically demanded that I get it cut back on.

Old people still like regular cable. I was goong to cancel my dad’s cable and maybe get sling but the guy can’t even figure out the fios on-demand menu.

Back
Top Bottom