NT Do You Kick It With Your Coworkers Outside Of Work??

Some of my closest friends are/were co-workers. 

Been 10+ deep at bachelor parties, stood in weddings, smoked, drank, shroomed, hit the scrip clubs and all that with my homies from work. 

Jobs in college, yup.

Corporate jobs, Very few.

Potential business associates, its more of a chore.

My wife is in corp. america; her odds at promotions usually increase by going out with co workers lol. That's how they get to know you; and can vouch for you come promotion time. My wife got like 2 promotions so far and is about to get a double promotion lol.

Depends on if you've become good friends and they already know the real me. In class and work I'm usually on my best behavior, I censor myself 97% of the time.

No, everyone seems to do their own thing at the end of the day. 

I've actually gone to a hockey game with my boss and some other upper management folks. That was cool and beers were had, but other than that, nah.

I'm sure if I was in an office with people around my age, I'd probably grab a couple of drinks from time to time.

I prefer not to although I have, I think it depends on the person. I helped a friend of mine get a job in the past and we still hung out outside of work. I try to not bring up work outside of work though unless we're joking about something that occurred at work.

Nope. Dont trust none of em. Seen people lose there jobs over drama caused hanging out with co workers after work.

If i see you out and about its a Hi and Bye.

what was the lesson you learned?

Long story short. At my previous job, the majority of us all hung out together. You had to work closely with others so it was inevitable that you get to know people quick. Everybody's doing their thing yambs, drinks, having fun etc. not a big deal. Fast forward I get promoted. Not a big deal either. Anyways, one chick decides to call HR on me for messing with a co worker :smh:. My boss could have fired me on spot but worked out a transfer for the girl I was messing with instead. Funny thing is, the snitch was doing the same thing :lol: but I said nothing. Took the L, kept it professional and only interacted with the snitch on work related topics.

At my new job I say hello, focus on my work, and say goodbye. No drama, no fuss. Love it.

Last edited:
There's a group of younger dudes im cool with at my job that want me to come hang out, but ive been curving them thus far. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

Last edited:
Luckily for me, I came to this job with my best friends. We've all flourished in different departments over the last 10 years. Was with an ex co worker yesterday

Became real cool with two dudes from my last job. One of them still works there and we usually try to set up a happy hour or bar crawl event sometimes. The other one works at the same place I'm at now and we usually kick it sometimes after work.

Just be happy you got an invite. People in the workplace feel left out when they hear stories of colleagues turning up

only the one I'm smashing. I've never really worked with people I had a desire to chill with outside of work.

yep it depends how cool they are... but i have some good friends i met at work who i still hang with... some of them are different outside of work me included because we become so busy at work its not easy to goof off and joke around all the time... but after work when drinks are involved theres some good times...

Back
Top Bottom