NT: Do you read the whole thread before you post?

[average NTer] no, my replies are based solely on what i get form the title. [/average NTer] 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

I find myself either quoting the first funny thing i see or something i agree with on the 1st page..or i'll read like the first 2 pages then reply...then i'll go back through the thread...but doing this..i sometimes miss out on more funny stuff and i caught a ban doing this one time...quoted a insult and dirty posted right after i quoted it..and by the time i went for the edit it was too late
laugh.gif
mad.gif
I remember that.
laugh.gif

Domski was like "TOO LATE BO!" after you were trying to edit.
laugh.gif

To answer your question, I always read the entire thread before making a comment. No matter if it's 4 pages or 30 pages. If I see certain posts I feel the need to reply to, I'll quote them and keep it moving. One of my pet peeves on here are dudes coming in to read the title or only the OP and saying their .02 when a thread has gone a different direction...

I just quote or agree with who ever has the highest post count. No need to read the post. They are usually the smartest and the coolest if they have a lot of post.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

didnt read anything

OP YNS

roll.gif
roll.gif

Depends on the thread. If its a hot-button topic, I'll read the informed and uninformed responses to see where the thread's headed. 

Really depends.. I try to be well informed before posting.
But most threads are like this one where I can answer just from the title..

Or if it's one with pictures, I usually just scan through them.. Lol.

I read the first two pages if the thread is shorter than 10 pages.

If it's longer than 10 pages I read the first, a page in the middle and the last.

If it's a sexy pics post I read them ALL.

This is exactly what happened to me last night, I tried to make a post regarding the problems in my city and ways to help and all I got were people asking me for pics of my girl. I'm not a disrespectful person and all I wanted was some info but this message board is getting out of hand. I didn't post pics of her and I got one true answer to my question. I also changed the title and said I had pics of here inside and people were talking about banning me for lying.

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

This is exactly what happened to me last night, I tried to make a post regarding the problems in my city and ways to help and all I got were people asking me for pics of my girl. I'm not a disrespectful person and all I wanted was some info but this message board is getting out of hand. I didn't post pics of her and I got one true answer to my question. I also changed the title and said I had pics of here inside and people were talking about banning me for lying.

I'm disappointed you weren't banned for lying.

Just kidding, I would never post pics on the internet of anybody I knew.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

I'm disappointed you weren't banned for lying.

File a complaint.

Sometimes, I'll read the 1st post and then post.
Sometimes, I'll read a few replies and then post.
Sometimes, I'll read just about reply and then post.

In this case, I just read the title and proceeded to post.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i was one of the people asking for pics btw

I usually go from the last post to the first one. I try not to post without reading first because I don't want to repeat what 20 other people said before me.

depends on the thread, and how many pages.....like this one i only read the first five responses.

depends how long it is...i didn't read any response before posting this so more than likely it's already been mentioned

Most of the time, yes. If it's a large thread, I'll just look for comments from people who usually add something to a thread, and people who I tend to agree with.

Back
Top Bottom