NT help me out... final design project COPIED. VOL. College is no joke

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Son, did I offend your honor or something. Don't call me or justify other people's scamming/cheating ways cause how I think. How you going to generalize that when I've done transactions with NTers worth more than your life.

LOL worth more than my life? Internet tough guy talking big now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No, you didn't offend my honor, you offended my stomach by trying to justify that people who are doing the right thing deserve to be punished. How are you going to say that showing a guy your paper is ASKING for him to steal it? NO, showing a guy your paper is asking for him to take general ideas such as flow, sentence structure, and ways of presenting information, NOT giving him carte blanche to plagiarize. I'm sure if he was ASKING him for to plagiarize his paper, he wouldn't have given it to him. He had trust for basic human decency, something that a lot of people lack in our society today, and then you have the nerve to say he ASKED to get screwed over. If more people thought like OP and not like you, we wouldn't have to deal with BS like credit fraud, internet scamming, and thievery by next-door neighbors. Please, you can't even value human decency and morality properly, how could you dream to have the thinking capacity to put a value on my life? You've got to be kidding me.

Edit: King of Chicago, I definitely feel what you're saying. Giving him the entire work was not a good move, so Brett is definitely partially responsible, just not an idiot begging to be effed over like our resident NT rocket scientists Frank and Budweiser and are insisting.

Son, did I offend your honor or something. Don't call me or justify other people's scamming/cheating ways cause how I think. How you going to generalize that when I've done transactions with NTers worth more than your life.

LOL worth more than my life? Internet tough guy talking big now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No, you didn't offend my honor, you offended my stomach by trying to justify that people who are doing the right thing deserve to be punished. How are you going to say that showing a guy your paper is ASKING for him to steal it? NO, showing a guy your paper is asking for him to take general ideas such as flow, sentence structure, and ways of presenting information, NOT giving him carte blanche to plagiarize. I'm sure if he was ASKING him for to plagiarize his paper, he wouldn't have given it to him. He had trust for basic human decency, something that a lot of people lack in our society today, and then you have the nerve to say he ASKED to get screwed over. If more people thought like OP and not like you, we wouldn't have to deal with BS like credit fraud, internet scamming, and thievery by next-door neighbors. Please, you can't even value human decency and morality properly, how could you dream to have the thinking capacity to put a value on my life? You've got to be kidding me.

Edit: King of Chicago, I definitely feel what you're saying. Giving him the entire work was not a good move, so Brett is definitely partially responsible, just not an idiot begging to be effed over like our resident NT rocket scientists Frank and Budweiser and are insisting.

If more people thought like OP and not like you, we wouldn't have to deal with BS like credit fraud, internet scamming, and thievery by next-door neighbors. Please, you can't even value human decency and morality properly, how could you dream to have the thinking capacity to put a value on my life? You've got to be kidding me.

King of Chicago restated what I said. You sir, sound dumb.

So what you're implying is I should assume everyone has basic human decency in an indecent world. Right...

If more people thought like OP and not like you, we wouldn't have to deal with BS like credit fraud, internet scamming, and thievery by next-door neighbors
So if more people thought like Brett, assuming everyone is decent, instead of like me, being more cautious, we would have less credit card fraud, scamming, and thievery. Again, your logic is flawed and just makes you sound dumb

Gifs at Giftube.com

If more people thought like OP and not like you, we wouldn't have to deal with BS like credit fraud, internet scamming, and thievery by next-door neighbors. Please, you can't even value human decency and morality properly, how could you dream to have the thinking capacity to put a value on my life? You've got to be kidding me.

So what you're implying is I should assume everyone has basic human decency in an indecent world. Right...

If more people thought like OP and not like you, we wouldn't have to deal with BS like credit fraud, internet scamming, and thievery by next-door neighbors
So if more people thought like Brett, assuming everyone is decent, instead of like me, being more cautious, we would have less credit card fraud, scamming, and thievery. Again, your logic is flawed and just makes you sound dumb

Gifs at Giftube.com

Gifs at Giftube.comg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Good try! But no.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

You have no one to blame but yourself. Redo the project and pick up some self esteem.

This is what Budweiser posted. After seeing this post, another NTer responds by saying he's an a-hole.

This is your response:

Kids just don't get it. How is that being an "a-hole" when its the truth. If Brett never gave Iqbal anything for reference, he wouldn't be in this kind of situation. He could've handled it differently while protecting himself. Maybe tell him an excerpt of the paper before or after class, or email it in a more casual wording instead of allowing Iqbal to have a physical copy of his paper. OP took the L before he received the bigger L.
There is no point in here where you say that he's only partially responsible. You say that what Bud said was the truth-- that OP has no one to blame for himself. That's not what King of Chicago said at all. It's called reading comprehension, why don't you attain some?

And no, that's NOT what I'm implying, good try. What I implied was that IF people had basic human decency, the world would be better, and NO ONE should be ridiculed for having it. Especially by those who seem to lack a sense of it. This actually leads to your last point. YES, if more people thought like Brett, then the world wouldn't have to be so cautious, because there would be a little thing called trust. Now I know that's completely idealistic and probably impossible, but again, my point is that no one should be ridiculed for being a model human being. Although he is partially at fault, the only person who should be RIDICULED in this situation is the offender.

Good%20day_%20sir..jpg

Gifs at Giftube.comg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Good try! But no.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

You have no one to blame but yourself. Redo the project and pick up some self esteem.

This is what Budweiser posted. After seeing this post, another NTer responds by saying he's an a-hole.

This is your response:

Kids just don't get it. How is that being an "a-hole" when its the truth. If Brett never gave Iqbal anything for reference, he wouldn't be in this kind of situation. He could've handled it differently while protecting himself. Maybe tell him an excerpt of the paper before or after class, or email it in a more casual wording instead of allowing Iqbal to have a physical copy of his paper. OP took the L before he received the bigger L.
There is no point in here where you say that he's only partially responsible. You say that what Bud said was the truth-- that OP has no one to blame for himself. That's not what King of Chicago said at all. It's called reading comprehension, why don't you attain some?

And no, that's NOT what I'm implying, good try. What I implied was that IF people had basic human decency, the world would be better, and NO ONE should be ridiculed for having it. Especially by those who seem to lack a sense of it. This actually leads to your last point. YES, if more people thought like Brett, then the world wouldn't have to be so cautious, because there would be a little thing called trust. Now I know that's completely idealistic and probably impossible, but again, my point is that no one should be ridiculed for being a model human being. Although he is partially at fault, the only person who should be RIDICULED in this situation is the offender.

Good%20day_%20sir..jpg

I understand how and why I got burned and both of you are correct in your intuitions.

The fact of the matter is everyone shares work with colleagues/classmates for ideas and formatting concepts. It may be as simple as taking a note or two on how they laid out their table of contents, or even how they structured their header/footer. But in NO WAY was any intent given to copy and paste over 2/3rd of the report. With regard to the Microsoft Word time stamps I can argue the fact I sent it to him for him to proof read or something.

After considering the situation in further detail I haven decided this is no longer about redoing a project or taking a loss. This is war. I am making it a personal effort to have this man terminated from the program without re entry. I spent the evening with his buddies over a few beers and discussed this matter at hand. It appears as if this is not an isolated incident (news to me) and they are having him removed from the Juventus soccer team he has been apart of since he's been 12 y/o. Forget an #$! whooping. This is going to sting for a long minute.

I have at least 10 significant points to demonstrate my innocence and the fact this is my work and not his.

If anyone has any advice on what to include in my appeal it would be greatly appreciated.

I understand how and why I got burned and both of you are correct in your intuitions.

The fact of the matter is everyone shares work with colleagues/classmates for ideas and formatting concepts. It may be as simple as taking a note or two on how they laid out their table of contents, or even how they structured their header/footer. But in NO WAY was any intent given to copy and paste over 2/3rd of the report. With regard to the Microsoft Word time stamps I can argue the fact I sent it to him for him to proof read or something.

After considering the situation in further detail I haven decided this is no longer about redoing a project or taking a loss. This is war. I am making it a personal effort to have this man terminated from the program without re entry. I spent the evening with his buddies over a few beers and discussed this matter at hand. It appears as if this is not an isolated incident (news to me) and they are having him removed from the Juventus soccer team he has been apart of since he's been 12 y/o. Forget an #$! whooping. This is going to sting for a long minute.

I have at least 10 significant points to demonstrate my innocence and the fact this is my work and not his.

If anyone has any advice on what to include in my appeal it would be greatly appreciated.

how about including how he's done in past courses/assignments? if you do A+ work, and he's just an average student, then certainly the contrast in grades should account for something.

honestly, though, i think it's a long shot trying to convince the dean/professor/whoever you're appealing to. sad truth. even though i believe you didn't have bad intentions, teachers think about it differently. it's like they're out to catch you slipping sometimes, which is understandable cause cheating is unacceptable and inexcusable, but i don't know how you can play the 'oh, i didn't know he was going to copy my work word for word' card very efficiently. like i said, I believe you didn't cheat, but to them, you're just another student trying to get out of a sticky situation.

but you sound like you have some other solid proof and other means to bring the bastard to justice. good luck, and i hope dude gets what he deserves.
wink.gif

how about including how he's done in past courses/assignments? if you do A+ work, and he's just an average student, then certainly the contrast in grades should account for something.

honestly, though, i think it's a long shot trying to convince the dean/professor/whoever you're appealing to. sad truth. even though i believe you didn't have bad intentions, teachers think about it differently. it's like they're out to catch you slipping sometimes, which is understandable cause cheating is unacceptable and inexcusable, but i don't know how you can play the 'oh, i didn't know he was going to copy my work word for word' card very efficiently. like i said, I believe you didn't cheat, but to them, you're just another student trying to get out of a sticky situation.

but you sound like you have some other solid proof and other means to bring the bastard to justice. good luck, and i hope dude gets what he deserves.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom