NT help me out... final design project COPIED. VOL. College is no joke

I 'graduated' last week from college.... on last day of classes I handed in a final design project. Roughly 80 hours was spent writing the proposal and it was some of my best work to date. I was excited for a high mark to boast to my current employers for when they request a record of my transcript - because well, they hired me prior to receiving my final grades.
Finals grades are supposed to be sent out tomorrow.. got an e-mail from the dean today stating that my design project was receiving a mark of 0% and in order to graduate I will be required to redo a project of a similar nature.

The work is 100% mine and 100% original. 

but I messed up....

Two days before project was due, a friend/classmate 'lost' his work when his computer crashed. He needed to get it done in super time so he requested to view my work for reference.

The +%$$!#%$%@@% copied and pasted 80% of the work. (The other 20% of the work is incorrect - just saying). I know this because he told me he also got a 0% and I told him to send me a copy so I can compare the two.

The letter states that I am able to appeal the case to the Dean. Has anyone been in this situation? What are my options... no way I'm able to redo it especially since the work is ALL ORIGINAL.

Jk7o.gif

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

CLIFFS

-doing final project

-all work is my own work

-friend asks to use it as a guide when he loses his work

-dude copies word for word

-I get a zero... need suggestions

I 'graduated' last week from college.... on last day of classes I handed in a final design project. Roughly 80 hours was spent writing the proposal and it was some of my best work to date. I was excited for a high mark to boast to my current employers for when they request a record of my transcript - because well, they hired me prior to receiving my final grades.
Finals grades are supposed to be sent out tomorrow.. got an e-mail from the dean today stating that my design project was receiving a mark of 0% and in order to graduate I will be required to redo a project of a similar nature.

The work is 100% mine and 100% original. 

but I messed up....

Two days before project was due, a friend/classmate 'lost' his work when his computer crashed. He needed to get it done in super time so he requested to view my work for reference.

The +%$$!#%$%@@% copied and pasted 80% of the work. (The other 20% of the work is incorrect - just saying). I know this because he told me he also got a 0% and I told him to send me a copy so I can compare the two.

The letter states that I am able to appeal the case to the Dean. Has anyone been in this situation? What are my options... no way I'm able to redo it especially since the work is ALL ORIGINAL.

Jk7o.gif

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

CLIFFS

-doing final project

-all work is my own work

-friend asks to use it as a guide when he loses his work

-dude copies word for word

-I get a zero... need suggestions

if you can get your friend to admit to your dean that he copied from you, won't that prove that yours was original?

if you can get your friend to admit to your dean that he copied from you, won't that prove that yours was original?

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

I sent him this e-mail:
Alright... I compared our reports and there is no question that you copied a large majority of my work. 
You changed a few words and rearranged some sentences but almost 80% is exactly my wording - no question.
I'm going to appeal the case and I need you to sign the letter of appeal that I'm going to write. It's going to state that the work I submitted is 100% original content written by myself, and any work that has been duplicated on your proposal is your doing without my knowing. 

Basically, you're gonna admit blame for plagiarizing and sign off on the fact that I had no intention of anyone copying my work, because I didn't. 

He called me right after to tell me he refuses to take any blame.
I might just get 4chan on his *#%

This happened to me in my system operation management class.

We had a project which you can either do by yourself or in a group.

I was in a group and turned in our project only to be called in by our professor accusing us of cheating.

Long story short, some broad in my group let some guy in our class look at our work and the idiot copied it word for word.

Professor said that the other guy had to confess to cheating in order for us to get our grade. In the end, dude fessed up.

You should tell your boy to do what's right or start working on a new project lol

This happened to me in my system operation management class.

We had a project which you can either do by yourself or in a group.

I was in a group and turned in our project only to be called in by our professor accusing us of cheating.

Long story short, some broad in my group let some guy in our class look at our work and the idiot copied it word for word.

Professor said that the other guy had to confess to cheating in order for us to get our grade. In the end, dude fessed up.

You should tell your boy to do what's right or start working on a new project lol

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

I sent him this e-mail:
Alright... I compared our reports and there is no question that you copied a large majority of my work. 
You changed a few words and rearranged some sentences but almost 80% is exactly my wording - no question.
I'm going to appeal the case and I need you to sign the letter of appeal that I'm going to write. It's going to state that the work I submitted is 100% original content written by myself, and any work that has been duplicated on your proposal is your doing without my knowing. 

Basically, you're gonna admit blame for plagiarizing and sign off on the fact that I had no intention of anyone copying my work, because I didn't. 

He called me right after to tell me he refuses to take any blame.
I might just get 4chan on his *#%

%$*+ your friend/classmate, tell them what really happened.
He wanted to be lazy, %$*+ him he doesn't deserve to graduate from college.

%$*+ your friend/classmate, tell them what really happened.
He wanted to be lazy, %$*+ him he doesn't deserve to graduate from college.

You should make a big stink about it.

There's no way I'm taking a zero for work that I did and someone else copied.

Back
Top Bottom