NT I am homeless and need someones help in the Bay Area

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Texas is where it's at, mainly Dallas though. We're not as bad as Houston...
Plenty of jobs, and housing!
There's a lot of busses, you should think about it!
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Houston has been voted the best economy 4 years in the row in Texas. Dallas people live in a facade of fake extravagance. 

real life...

SF is expensive...

to that dude who posted those rooms for rent... good looks, OP TAKE THAT....

im sure you can get a job or two at any of those little restaurants in SF...

as long as they dont ask for any of my info.. (address and all that) i got you man... im in San Jose, Ca (40 mins from SF)

CelticsPride34 wrote:
I'm one of those people the service is just not for... its not something I would ever consider... I have no desire to have my freedoms taken away and to be told what and when I can do something for 4 years... and that's not even anything to do with my political views on this country or anything along those lines

Brah Rite Now Thats One Of Your Best Options... Do You Wanna Be Eating Out Of Trash Cans And Posting On NT From Hijacked Wifi Your Whole Life.? No. You Have To Sacrifice Sometimes To Make Your Situation Better. Its Not Even About Whether You Hate/Love This Country. Its A JOB, A Place To Live And Eat For FREE. That Could Change Your Life Man... 4 Years Of Service... And If You Join The Navy Your Gonna Be On A Boat Most Of The Time... Then Once Your Out Finding A Job Shouldnt Be Hard With That Military Background. But Good Luck With Everything OP.

Call me ignorant, but I'm pretty sure you need a medical card or a doctors approval to obtain medical marijuana. What makes you think you are going to move out to San Fran', and have it at your expense with ease?

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Originally Posted by pookieman

OP you sound like a bum...alcohol and medicinal marijuana? this is one of the reasons why you need to go to Cali?  

Hate to kick the dude while he's down, but...
ohwell.gif
Weed is not a good reason to move somewhere. You're better off staying in Portland if that's high on your list of pros...

edit:

You're broke and homeless wasting money on weed? C'mon man...
QfT

I feel bad for you, OP.

Last year I moved out on my own because I was tired just like you. I didn't have any family issues, but I was ready for a change.

My advice to you would be to go to somewhere you know people. I moved backed to where I went to college and was presented with employment opportunities. Don't just move to SF because it's where you see yourself in 5 years.

Continue to stack that money and look into culinary arts schools. No one will hire you with a resume full of under the table work and you're not really gaining meaningful experience.

Don't leave Portland just to get out of your situation, because the future is bleak, and even bleaker when you don't have a support system or the finances. Just hold out a little while longer. Try your best to getting in contact with family or something. Maybe attend church on Sunday. Something that will open doors for you.

Everyone is fighting to make it nowadays, and they have more than you do. But you can't let that deter you.

Don't go across the country if you don't know anybody. It's probably the worst thing you can do. Best of luck.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Houston has been voted the best economy 4 years in the row in Texas. Dallas people live in a facade of fake extravagance. 
laugh.gif
 In what?
 Anyway, Ive had a chance to travel..and Houston IS NOT where its at...as much as I don't like San Antonio...I'd say move there...best opportunities are there currently..

Originally Posted by Rod301

CelticsPride34 wrote:

Then Once Your Out Finding A Job Shouldnt Be Hard With That Military Background.

This is really true... military veterans, especially those in their 20s and 30s, come out extremely decorated and have great career opportunities. There are military personnel that are going to graduate school now, or getting MBAs or other graduate degrees. This is always a VIABLE option for you OP. Don't discount viable options, especially if your options are currently numbered.

Just take some time to reflect, think of what is best for you. I know that working in the restaurant business is what makes sense for you right now -- but think to yourself if this is what you really want to do for the next 5, 10, 20, 30 years of your life? I would hope that you want to progress further than that, or doing something more than just what you are currently capable of doing. We all have the capacity for great success, it is just that some of us haven't woken up to discover that key to success yet. Often times, it is just realizing something that you need to do differently.

There is a popular saying by Albert Einstein, it is: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". OP, be the change you want to see.

Another great quote, from a favorite of mine, John C. Maxwell (I highly recommend people to listen to him):

"Most people want to change their circumstances, in order to improve their lives -- instead of changing themselves, in order to improve their circumstances."

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

i was about to post that vid of thousands of people from dallas running for housing vouchers but didn't bother
as far as op is concerned, i say go, you're already homeless

might as well go for it, if you feel it's necessary then that's what it is

you guys are foolish to believe OP is struggling as bad as he says he is 
laugh.gif

Dude is homeless because he choses to be simple as that 

Dude sound like a spoil kid who didn't want to obey his parents so he moved out ... now he realize how hard it is alone in the real world and he's looking for a way out ....

I don't care how annoying my folks  are..just take their BS and live in their house for free and cake up while you make plans to move out and its that simple 

If OP was really struggling he wouldn't be talking all that mess about "the navy is not for me " and "i can only cook" because when your struggling preferences go out the window and you grab on to anything to survive.

Just move to Texas op.

But why wouldn't you want to join the
Military? You get food, water, and a place to sleep.

And your resume would look much better with a military background.

And not to be rude or anything. Are you illegal or something? Why you doin all this under the table work?

I disagree. Houston is one of the best cities to live in. Lots of feasible opportunities for OP from a constantly expanding restaurant and bar industry, cheap living, etc. Only thing that would be tough is that OP needs to use public transportation and it gets really hot during the day in the summer.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

I'm one of those people the service is just not for... its not something I would ever consider... I have no desire to have my freedoms taken away and to be told what and when I can do something for 4 years... and that's not even anything to do with my political views on this country or anything along those lines

You're a @#+@ BUM, you do realize this right?. You already HAVE NO FREEDOM. You ain't got no job, you live in a damn shelter, and for some odd reason only work under the table jobs. On top of that, you somehow think its a smart idea to move into one of the most expensive places in America. You have nothing going for you in life and you somehow think you're above the military? 

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

If OP was really struggling he wouldn't be talking all that mess about "the navy is not for me " and "i can only cook" because when your struggling preferences go out the window and you grab on to anything to survive.

OP I think you are in no position to let your pride limit you. Your thinking way to drastically and need to make more realistic goals. The military is a great option that you shouldn't look down upon when you have nothing else going for you.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

I disagree. Houston is one of the best cities to live in. Lots of feasible opportunities for OP from a constantly expanding restaurant and bar industry, cheap living, etc. Only thing that would be tough is that OP needs to use public transportation and it gets really hot during the day in the summer.

Houston has very cheap living. The prices of the luxury condos near the Medical Center were so cheap, if you tried living here in Boston with those prices you'd be in a damn shack
laugh.gif

Why is there only one train line in the city though?

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

cosign.
If you don't mind living in the hood/section 4 housing, I know people who pay $20 for rent 
30t6p3b.gif
 and if you want a better area it would be $400~500 a month. The only problem is Houston is spread out, so you have to learn the bus system really well. But you can just go to like one of those fiestas/gas stations/car dealerships, drop 1k on a hoopty. Start livin' the good life.

Phen0m wrote:

This was my earlier point lol.  Nooo way he;'s been homeless as long as he say he has.  Reality hasnt set in.. Dude is postin on NT about wrestling, and worried about sleep.  When I was working 40 hours and still couldnt pay my bills.. My %** couldnt sleep a wink.. I didnt want to.. I wanted to stack and get things right.  He has 2k saved to trek across the country for weed and booze?  You NEED the military just as bad as they probably need you.

and mte. 

you guys are foolish to believe OP is struggling as bad as he says he is 
laugh.gif

Dude is homeless because he choses to be simple as that 

Dude sound like a spoil kid who didn't want to obey his parents so he moved out ... now he realize how hard it is alone in the real world and he's looking for a way out ....

I don't care how annoying my folks  are..just take their BS and live in their house for free and cake up while you make plans to move out and its that simple 

This was my earlier point lol.  Nooo way he;'s been homeless as long as he say he has.  Reality hasnt set in.. Dude is postin on NT about wrestling, and worried about sleep.  When I was working 40 hours and still couldnt pay my bills.. My %** couldnt sleep a wink.. I didnt want to.. I wanted to stack and get things right.  He has 2k saved to trek across the country for weed and booze?  You NEED the military just as bad as they probably need you.

beggars cannot be choosers.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

im starting to think OP is trolling.......

This

Some of you that are so quick to judge him have not or will not ever even have to THINK about facing his circumstances. I agree the weed thing was disappointing to read and makes you question motives but other than that, it's easy to sit behind a computer screen and attack someone.

OP, I think you should expand your thinking a little. If you need a fresh start, it's understandable but it seems like you're focused on this ideal and for one reason or another San Fransisco seems like it fits but if anything, you should work your way there. You may think you can move out there, find work and everything will be fine but it won't be that easy.

It sounds like you've been struggling but first you need to save up more. $2000 may seem like a lot to you now since you don't have much but you'll burn through that quick in or near any major city. You NEED to have a certain amount of emergency funds too. Find a place that you can just rent out a small, cheap room in a relatively safe area and work your way up from there, even if it's outside of SF and then if/when you get yourself set, you can move onto bigger things.

Good luck.

get your life together man. good luck if you do come down to SF though. There's a starbucks and taco bell every 5 blocks. At least you will have a snack every 5 blocks if you decide to walk here from Portland.

Back
Top Bottom