NT I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR

antonlavey

Banned
So I got a call from Morehouse School of Medicine yesterday saying I was accepted and I was like

followed by

2rr3283.gif

2rn8yz8.gif
iepd11.gif

56kd6.gif
xnxp8n.jpg

Fulfilling your life's greatest ambition FTW. Thank you guys for being so supportive, and being there through thick and thin. Love you gaiz
tongue.gif
Now I just wait for more acceptances.

Congratulations.

But for some reason I wouldn't want you as my doctor, just from posting those. Can't put my finger on it. And No I'm not trying to attack you.

Congrats! What kind of doctor you aiming to be? I wanna be an orthopedic surgeon.
smile.gif
I'm still a senior in HS so it'll be a long time before that daycomes.
laugh.gif

Congrats. I still remember the excitement I had when I received my first acceptance a few years back. Live it up now, because a year from now you'll beneck deep in the some +!*.

Man Thats a good look....Med school aint no joke though fam.....

Im telling you right now...Drop your girl (if u have one)...Get rid of your Video game systems(If you have one) and dont go out partying for your entire timein med' school...You'll have plenty of time for that after you finish Med' school and such.....FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!

Do what you HAVE to do in order to do what you WANT to do
pimp.gif

You're going to medschool...

You shoulda saved this thread for 2015 when you're in your last year of residency.

But kudos to you. Great profession.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Im telling you right now...Drop your girl (if u have one)...Get rid of your Video game systems(If you have one) and dont go out partying for your entire time in med' school...You'll have plenty of time for that after you finish Med' school and such.....FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!

pimp.gif

damn i was thinking about becoming a pediatrician...med schools like THAT?

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

Im telling you right now...Drop your girl (if u have one)...Get rid of your Video game systems(If you have one) and dont go out partying for your entire time in med' school...You'll have plenty of time for that after you finish Med' school and such.....FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!

pimp.gif

It depends on how well you balance your life out....I personally didnt go through Med school....but my Girls sister did...and shes the smartest, most determendperson that I know...and at times she would be SUPER stressed about med school, She always had relationship problems...she RARELY went out, but it all paysoff....Shes now a 24-year-old Neonatolgist
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

pimp.gif

It depends on how well you balance your life out....I personally didnt go through Med school....but my Girls sister did...and shes the smartest, most determend person that I know...and at times she would be SUPER stressed about med school, She always had relationship problems...she RARELY went out, but it all pays off....Shes now a 24-year-old Neonatolgist
eek.gif

that's some horrible advice. med school is all about balance. of course you need to study hard and focus when you need to. but you'll go nuts if youdon't take time every now and then to do the things you enjoy.

pimp.gif
im a 4th year student interviewing for residency right now and please do not follow this advice at all. you will BURN OUT.

work hard but you must make time to enjoy yourself too... if i didnt have my wife, friends, family, and my xbox 360
laugh.gif
to take my mind off of school, the last 4 years wouldve been hell.

and as far as having time to do that after med school, guess again. residency is gonna be much tougher than med school will be.

and dont just try to get by and pass... do well so you have choices on what field you want to go into. later on you might decide you want to be an orthosurgeon but dont have the grades, then you wont be too happy with yourself.

PM me if you got any questions. good luck and enjoy the rest of your time before school starts!

congrats...

but i'm confused, you already did X # of years in pre med and now you're in med school or you just got into a pre med program right after high school?

Back
Top Bottom