NT I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR

When you meet aspiring gynecologists there please do me a favor and ask them why that's what they want to do. I'm extremely suspicious of these people,particularly the males, but I can't ask mine and I don't know any others. Thank you.

i agree its about balance. my moms went to med school while she dated my pops. hell i wouldnt be here if all she did was focus, focus, focus.

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Man Thats a good look....Med school aint no joke though fam.....

Im telling you right now...Drop your girl (if u have one)...Get rid of your Video game systems(If you have one) and dont go out partying for your entire time in med' school...You'll have plenty of time for that after you finish Med' school and such.....FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!

Do what you HAVE to do in order to do what you WANT to do
pimp.gif
im a 4th year student interviewing for residency right now and please do not follow this advice at all. you will BURN OUT.

work hard but you must make time to enjoy yourself too... if i didnt have my wife, friends, family, and my xbox 360
laugh.gif
to take my mind off of school, the last 4 years wouldve been hell.

and as far as having time to do that after med school, guess again. residency is gonna be much tougher than med school will be.

and dont just try to get by and pass... do well so you have choices on what field you want to go into. later on you might decide you want to be an ortho surgeon but dont have the grades, then you wont be too happy with yourself.

PM me if you got any questions. good luck and enjoy the rest of your time before school starts!
exactly. im in my second year now and i definitely would have burned out if i didnt take time to play ball 3 times a week, go to the gym, playsome xbox, or kick back and have a few beers while watching a game. but when it's time to hit the books i'm focused as best i can.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

When you meet aspiring gynecologists there please do me a favor and ask them why that's what they want to do. I'm extremely suspicious of these people, particularly the males, but I can't ask mine and I don't know any others. Thank you.
laugh.gif
whats worse is female urologists... u know they allgotta be pervert freaks!

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Im telling you right now...Drop your girl (if u have one)...Get rid of your Video game systems(If you have one) and dont go out partying for your entire time in med' school...You'll have plenty of time for that after you finish Med' school and such.....FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!

pimp.gif
im a 4th year student interviewing for residency right now and please do not follow this advice at all. you will BURN OUT.

work hard but you must make time to enjoy yourself too... if i didnt have my wife, friends, family, and my xbox 360
laugh.gif

and as far as having time to do that after med school, guess again. residency is gonna be much tougher than med school will be.

and dont just try to get by and pass... do well so you have choices on what field you want to go into. later on you might decide you want to be an ortho surgeon but dont have the grades, then you wont be too happy with yourself.

PM me if you got any questions. good luck and enjoy the rest of your time before school starts!
exactly. im in my second year now and i definitely would have burned out if i didnt take time to play ball 3 times a week, go to the gym, play some xbox, or kick back and have a few beers while watching a game. but when it's time to hit the books i'm focused as best i can.

do you guys work part time while still doing all of this? how hard would it be to be working as a nurse making money while still going to med school?

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Congrats! What kind of doctor you aiming to be? I wanna be an orthopedic surgeon.
smile.gif
I'm still a senior in HS so it'll be a long time before that day comes.
laugh.gif
I wanna do forensic pathology...it's like surgery without the risk of hurting anyone. I'm open to anything tho, you usually figure thatout after exposure to different specialties during your clerkship years.

About being a Satanist doctor.....again. Being relgious doesnt make you moral...your actions do
wink.gif

forensic pathology is not a specialty you hear a lot about. trying to be a medical examiner, CSI style?

do you guys work part time while still doing all of this? how hard would it be to be working as a nurse making money while still going to med school?
i didnt, my wife worked and parents helped out too. a friend of mine worked a few days as a pharm tech and i did substitute teaching a few dayshere and there too. im sure nurses who go to med school pick up a few shifts here and there.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Congrats! What kind of doctor you aiming to be? I wanna be an orthopedic surgeon.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
I wanna do forensic pathology...it's like surgery without the risk of hurting anyone. I'm open to anything tho, you usually figure that out after exposure to different specialties during your clerkship years.

About being a Satanist doctor.....again. Being relgious doesnt make you moral...your actions do
wink.gif

but real talk..........i wouldnt advertise that in your office/workplace/other doctor friends at all.

Im telling you right now...Drop your girl (if u have one)...Get rid of your Video game systems(If you have one) and dont go out partying for your entire time
in med' school...You'll have plenty of time for that after you finish Med' school and such.....FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

My mentality P=MD

Originally Posted by NYelectric

When you meet aspiring gynecologists there please do me a favor and ask them why that's what they want to do. I'm extremely suspicious of these people, particularly the males, but I can't ask mine and I don't know any others. Thank you.
laugh.gif
whats worse is female urologists... u know they all gotta be pervert freaks!
Daddy issues. I just can't imagine ever wanting to touch your wife after prying open and peering into vaginas all day. I don't exactlyunderstand the motivations of a female either, but at least there's some sense of vaginal comradery.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

smile.gif
laugh.gif
I wanna do forensic pathology...it's like surgery without the risk of hurting anyone. I'm open to anything tho, you usually figure that out after exposure to different specialties during your clerkship years.

wink.gif

but real talk..........i wouldnt advertise that in your office/workplace/other doctor friends at all.
No I don't discuss my beliefs in professional settings if that's what you mean.

My mentality P=MD

ya so was mine at first, then i realized i didnt want to do a residency in family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, or psychiatry in the middle ofnowhere.

you want to be in a GOOD residency program, work for it.

forensic pathology is not a specialty you hear a lot about. trying to be a medical examiner, CSI style?

yerp...autopsies and what not.

Congrats man! Your bout to enter hell. My girl is working her way up to medschool and I try to tell her not to burn her self out...But then again im going thruengineering school. I cant even imagine what kind of stress med school gives you. crazyyyyy

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

exactly. im in my second year now and i definitely would have burned out if i didnt take time to play ball 3 times a week, go to the gym, play some xbox, or kick back and have a few beers while watching a game. but when it's time to hit the books i'm focused as best i can.

literally impossible. you will undoubtedly fail at both your job and at med school. the only possible job you could have is at like the schoollibrary for a few dollars an hour. im lucky enough that my parents are helping me with everything. other students have to factor in living expenses when youapply for student loans. others have spouses that work. i even know of a few married students with families that are on welfare.

My mentality P=MD

ya so was mine at first, then i realized i didnt want to do a residency in family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, or psychiatry in the middle of nowhere.

you want to be in a GOOD residency program, work for it.

My brain knows that you are right but I just can't get over that mental hump. It helps that I want to go into pediatrics though

pimp.gif
It's going to be hard though man...ESPECIALLLY ESPECIALLY if you're in Atlanta. But congrats

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

pimp.gif
It's going to be hard though man...ESPECIALLLY ESPECIALLY if you're in Atlanta. But congrats
I'm getting all the partying out of my system now
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

pimp.gif
I'm getting all the partying out of my system now
wink.gif
laugh.gif
I feel you. I know I was joking with you in that other thread about slaying mad chicks but for atlanta def aint the place for that my man.Chicks out here sizzling for real
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom